PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I was told it wouldn't cover me if I became pregnant I told them I didn't need it and was told that I would need to take it to obtain the loan.

pregnancy is not an illness and does not result in redundancy.

However, loan PPI complaints more often more successful than not. And if you had it on a chain of loans, you nearly always succeed in a complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Amberpaul wrote: »
    I have a 20 year old PPI claim. I'm wondering what the likelihood of success is.
    Originally posted by Amberpaul

When I was told it wouldn't cover me if I became pregnant I told them I didn't need it and was told that I would need to take it to obtain the loan. I also took out another loan a year later to consolidate some debts and I wasn't even asked if I wanted it and didn't even think about it because of what I was told when obtaining the loan the previous year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time

This seems to me like you will get a full refund!!!!
  • Roamy_1001
    Options
    PLUS,

Thank you for replying to my post, I really appreciate your input and opinion. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Thank you very much again.
  • Roamy_1001
    Options
    Sorry, auto text changed your user name to PLUS!!!
  • Roamy_1001
    Options
    Thank you very much for reply to my post. I know pregnancy is not an illness but when I applied for my loan I didn't know anything about PPI and the things it covered and didn't cover as I didn't even know it existed as had never applied for a loan before but when I was told about it the only thing I remember thinking I might possibly need it for would be if I became pregnant as my job was very secure and and I was in good health so never had any qualms about being able to repay it and I know it's no excuse, but I was very young and niave and do feel I was definitely misled by the agent.

Thanks again for your input and opinion.
  • messyhead
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: Credit Card PPI
    Who was the provider: Egg (Canada Square/Citibank)
    How much did you get back: £258
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: After a letter

I had a credit card with Egg back when I was a student. I worked in a bank at the time, so was fairly clued up on financial products, but can't remember ever having taken PPI on this credit card. Anyway, I submitted a speculative enquiry, and I didn't have any statements or account numbers, so a lot of my answers were "don't know", "not sure" etc. They replied to confirm I did have PPI.

So I then submitted a complaint, and they also found an additional card that I had later after the initial one, although that didn't have PPI. They're paying out on the original card PPI.
  • starshapedbrick
    Options
    Received just over £1300 from a Barclaycard PPI refund. Completed the forms on their website for a card held between 2002 and 2012, and received full refund breakdown and a cheque within 6 weeks :j
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I managed to reclaim some from an old Capital1 card through Resolver - was all very quick and wouldn't have done it without looking on this site! :beer:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Alternativejan
    Options
    NRAM (NORTHERN ROCK) finally but the bullet and spent a weekend sorting through old paperwork and first ppi claim made through resolver has today been paid out to the sum of £8250!!!absolutely thrilled! Thanks money saving expert!
  • footymadandy
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to the forum.
    I just want to say a very big thank you to martin and the team with your PPI Templates that I have used in the past and have been very successful with my claims.

A quick question - Has anybody been successful with claims against HFC (ppi on loans)? I had a letter back from HSBC with the account details and said this has now been sold onto TSB Lloyds and then Barclays....anyone else been in this situation?

Also....Goldfish credit card has anyone been successful with ppi claims? If so, who know owns goldfish?

Thanks for your help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure