We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• carh
    carh Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Agree Puppywonder, some you lose and it is annoying.:mad: Already I was told that a loan I took out some years ago cannot be investigated as there are "rules" stopping any claims with this particular company and also the FOS threw out 2 cases I had against my mortgage and some insurance we were sold.:( I guess they have to follow rules but still....
    Carh:A
  • kelly17687
    Options
    I claimed just over £100 on my Bank of Scotland credit card. To be honest the card had such a low limit there's no way I paid even close to £100 in PPI so can't complain!

My partner also got just over £100 for his RBS credit card. It only took them 2 days to get a letter out to him so I don't think they even investigated it.
  • carh
    Options
    You did really well!! :beer:I did a Do It Yourself but got virtually no where except for £2.26 (!!) back from tesco credit card. I have now dumped the lot to Gladstone brookes to sort out , haven't got time or energy as I found a lot of companies were delaying replies or a bit obstructive in their info.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    carh wrote: »
    I have now dumped the lot to Gladstone brookes to sort out , haven't got time or energy as I found a lot of companies were delaying replies or a bit obstructive in their info.
    Now even if you win redress you'll pay a massive proportion of it to the Claims Company. You do realise that you'll fill in exactly the same forms (the only difference is a Gladstone Brookes letterhead) as you do when you complain directly for free?
    How can you say you don't have the time to complain? You'll still have to provide any information required yourself.

Madness.
  • carh
    Options
    I had cancer for the third time last year and have a disabled husband who needs constant care, I am trying to sell the house on my own and look for something else and have 2 elderly parents to also deal with plus I had 34 PPI items to be checked! plus a lot of the companies I wrote to have not been very forthcoming. We all have different circumstances so it is an individual choice and I have chosen to share anything back with GB from choice. Don't judge anyone's decision unless you know their circumstances.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    carh wrote: »
    Don't judge anyone's decision unless you know their circumstances.
    Whatever your circumstances and however many claims you may have, you are giving the same information to the Claim Company as you give to the Bank. You are paying them (if you manage to win anything) to effectively do little else than put a stamp on the envelope containing your complaint(s).

I see you were advised of this back in June and still went ahead with using a CMC...

As I said, madness.
  • HeresHopin
    Options
    Well, at last, we received a letter from the Ombudsman regarding my husband's PPI claim with Nationwide. They are not upholding his complaint....

I've had exactly the same reply - except mine was a for single payment ppi.

Mine has gone back for an ombudsman decision because the reply does not address all the issues that i made....

I have pm'd you if you don't mind answering thanks.
  • eugene6859
    Options
    I downloaded and used the template letters some 18months ago to ask for a PPI refund from Egg and I received £6,500 from them within weeks. I then tried with Barclaycard with whom I have had 2 cards for more years than I care to remember.

They refused my claim to PPI, so i went to the Ombudsman and applied via the phone for both cards - they sent me forms to complete and it has taken some 10months, but I have just received a cheque from Barclaycard for £12,900.
    Thank you Martin, without your encouragement and helpful guidelines, I would have lost out!

I had a Tricity Finance loan for a car some 15 years ago and I know I paid PPI on that - I just to find out who to apply to!
    :beer::T
  • ex2t633w
    ex2t633w Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We took out a loan with Bank of Scotland / in a face- to- face setting at the bank. We were given the impression that PPI was compulsory with the loan. We did all the templates/ letters to Bank, and they rejected claim saying :----" we have no record of a PPI"---etc. Next move was to F. Ombudsman who took on the case, but we had email saying it could be another year before we hear any outcome !!! --- this is after already having waited a year up to now !! What to do ? Write again ? Or just wait?
    Anyone had similar experience???
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably you had no proof of ppi either when you sent in the claim? In which case you just wait I'm afraid, unless you can find record of ppi & send that to ombudsman then it really is the waiting game.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport