Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kshirl wrote: »
    My brother sent a PPI claim....

You posted exactly the same message two days ago.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • islwyn4
    Options
    Dear All.
    It has taken the fos 4 years to track down who they are able to hold responsible for my ppi claim .

And have just had a final letter from cardif pinnacle insurance saying they can not look into my case as it is outside the time limits for referral to the fos ,they say Your policy was incepted aug 2004 and following receipt of your complaint in February 2013 the six year period has elapsed, however if your problem is later than six years this ought to be done three years from the date on which you became aware you had cause for complaint.I ONLY BECAME AWARE in February 2013 I think they are trying everything they can to try and avoid a pay out .

I have asked the fos to now send it to the merits team for an assessment it just goes on and on:(
  • rina1973
    rina1973 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was sold TMPP over a phone by Halifax as a package when I purchased a property in February 2002. TMPP consisted of Mortgage Protection, Life Cover Benefit and Critical Illness Benefit and the only way for me to get a mortgage through them was to also get some sort of a cover through them (they suggested TMPP). I was self employed at the time and first time buyer and Halifax was aware of this. It had been implied to me that I had to cancel my current cover at the time in order to get my mortgage through Halifax, which I did.

After seeing Martin on TV, I made a claim of misold PPI to Halifax and I was just offered £2,775.91. This amount only covers the Mortgage Repayments Cover, part of TMPP and not the other two parts Life Cover and Critical Illness Cover. I am aware that Critical Illness and Life Cover are not PPI but these were sold to me as part of the TMPP. Would TMPP be re-considered as a whole (as misold) if I disagree or will I be wasting my time if I make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The form was brief and easy to complete and staff at Halifax dealing with the matter were very helpful. I also had all the documents concerning this matter myself. I would encourage anyone to at least speak to Halifax re making a claim or complete their form.
  • baggyann
    baggyann Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Hi rina, I posted a few threads back that where you have had TMPP but only been refunded the PPI element, you can ask them to also address the life and Critical illness elements. If you don't specify in the original complaint you can just phone them and say that you believe the WHOLE package was mis-sold. I did his and they agreed a second pay-out of an equal figure to my PPI... Good times. I'll repeat what I said then, if you had a package for all three protections, you need to make sure they've addressed all parts, if not you could miss out on £1000's.
    rina, on your offer letter there should be a telephone number to re-open the case for life and cic claims. Do it tomorrow and you should have a cheque for the rest very soon!
  • sue_donym
    Options
    I got a letter today from MBNA for refund of PPI on credit card of over £6,000 :j
    Thanks to the guidance and letters on here it was relatively quick and painless :T
    I'd roughly worked out what I might be due, but didn't account for interest added, so it was more than I was hoping for :)

My claim was based on not receiving any information regarding the insurance separate to the credit card information, not being aware of a cooling off period for the insurance alone, and not being aware of health restrictions against claiming....if I had known that I would not have bothered taking PPI as I would not have been able to claim. Also if I had claimed under being unable to work due to health grounds, I would have been paid by my employer for a long time so would not have needed PPI.

Just waiting to hear from another credit card using the same grounds. It won't be as much, but will be very welcome!

Thank you Martin and MSE :money:
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FYI, just because that's your complaint grounds, it doesn't mean that your complaint was upheld on these grounds. They don't tell you why your complaint was upheld, only that it was.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • sue_donym
    Options
    Don't care really, I'm happy I got a result. I was just giving a bit of background and information for others complaining :)
  • PiioUK
    Options
    Hia folks.

Been looking through your posts with interest and wanted to share my story with you all.

I sent off the questionnaire form to HSBC for PPI on a credit card that I have been paying since 1995. After 8 weeks I got back a letter informing me that they were rejecting my complaint. The letter was originally a template for a claims company as it referred to me as 'my client' - honest!! They also mentioned that their records showed I had signed up for PPI but further down the letter stated that owing to the passage of time, the original documentation no longer existed. They also stated that this was their final response and here is a leaflet if you want to go to FOS. Originally, I was going to let this one go but on further thinking decided "No! This letter from HSBC is fobbing me off and is very contradictory" I put together a very strong letter giving my comments and responses to every paragraph on their letter, told them I did not accept this as a final response, demanded they re-investigate, quoted chapter and verse from the FOS guidance document and sent it back to the PPI department and also emailed it to the HSBC Chief Executive. This got their attention and less than 3 weeks later they had upheld my complaint and are paying out a considerable amount of money.

My advise is don't give up, don't give in and just go for it. I am so glad I did. :j

Found your post here and would really appreciate your advice on the second letter I am planning to send to HSBC...Can you help,please???
  • PiioUK
    Options
    Congratulations Sue!!
    My claim has been rejected (HSBC) but I am planning to send another letter to them as I strongly feel the PPI was just a quick-sell to me and I really didn't need it!!!
  • charli14
    Options
    :mad: Ombudsman phoned today, unable to uphold complaint over mis-sold ppi with hsbc. HSBC say they don't have a copy of the credit agreement and neither do we. My husband was a serving soldier and did not need the insurance but because this was a managed loan we were told it was mandatory. Loan was taken out 2001 paid off 2010, £12000 total but massive interest. Bank can only give me statements back to 2007, and the ppi was front loaded. Does anyone have any advice or do I just go get drunk?
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure