🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• alwaysmugged
    Options
    Just received a cheque for £1300 from Blackhorse for PPI.

Took about 11/2 years ,2 rejections,finally going through FSO and going after the underwriters of the policy who just happened to be Lloyds Gen.Ins.

Don't give up.

Thanks for the advice received on here.:beer:
  • jaynemacdonald1979
    Options
    Cheq on route from lloyds tsb on a personal loan. I had refinanced on the loan once. Lloyds breakdown have stated i refinanced 3 times????? Odd because i did not. Confused. Amount of £1300 on its way. Also had a £194 refund of ppi from my CC. All because i was covered during my emploent with the nhs. So looking forward to a nice little sum of money. X
  • MagentaGold
    Options
    Hi All, my claim with Pinnacle has been successful :beer:
    Loan: taken out through GE Money (First National). Received over 6000.00 for 3 separate claims. Letter was first rejected & then went to FOS.

I made 3 claims against the insurer after taking advice on here from Dizzy Di about 2 yrs ago. After unsuccessfully pursuing the sellers, I was also unsucessful claiming against the loan provider. I then made my claims against the insurer who also wouldn't accept liabilty, so FOS took the case on. They've been fantastic, keeping me up to date with their progress, then out of the blue I received my offer for all 3 claims. Thank you MSE & Dizzy Di I couldn't have done it without your advice :) Good luck all & above all be patient :T x
  • LeanneR
    LeanneR Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    £2100 back from RBS after filling out one form and answering a few questions over the phone. Delighted! Although it'll be getting paid straight to my loan to reduce the loan term and interest. Boooooo! (might keep some of it and book a sneaky break though).

:D
  • Shea61
    Shea61 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Got a great surprise the morning from the postie. He just delivered a cheque for just under £3k for a loan took out 13 years ago. Yippee!!!:j:j:j:j
  • freemaiden
    freemaiden Posts: 22 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    put a claim in to first plus for ppi claim back in 2009 was rejected and silly me did not bother to take it any further to my surprise a letter came today 4 years later saying they have re looked at my claim and they now agree to uphold my claim this was a single premium total amount refunded £7000
    total amount reclaimed over the last 2 months £13000 :j
  • Emmsie21
    Emmsie21 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I wrote to Barclays who then sent me a letter advising I might have been mis-sold PPI insurance and to ring if I thought this was the case for an application form
    I did this and completed and returned the application form.
    Yesterday I received their decision - They have upheld my complaint and I have been refunded £8412 (this has been used to go towards my outstanding balance as on a debt management plan!). Woohoo!! :T:j:beer:
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LeanneR wrote: »
    £2100 back from RBS after filling out one form and answering a few questions over the phone. Delighted! Although it'll be getting paid straight to my loan to reduce the loan term and interest. Boooooo! (might keep some of it and book a sneaky break though).

:D
    Well done :beer:
    Was this loan in arrears? if not then you should get the redress, the loan should automatically have the whole PPI amount taken off the balance and the monthly payment reduced by the PPI monthly amount, have they done this?, if you are just using the win to reduce the term because you want to then good for you.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :j:j Brilliant wins this week, congrats to all :beer: especially the First Plus one :j:j
  • claireg86
    Options
    Great success story for my dad. I kept badgering mum and dad to ring the bank and put a ppi claim in as they have always paid it and it was mis-sold.
    Anyone one phone call and 6 weeks later my dad has just had a cheque off Lloyds for £23,000 and mum still waiting to hear from hers. They had no paper work and loans went back to 15 years ago.

Don't give up!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport