PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• c1403
    c1403 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello All

I started my PPI claims mid June. Am claiming on 3 credit cards I've had for past ten years.

I also recently got a letter from Nationwide (loan) saying I may have been mis-sold PPI. I actually didn't think to pursue this one in the first place, but I filled in their form and had a letter 5 days later offering £1500. So I've accepted. Very happy with that.

I decided to view my credit report to refresh my memory on anything else I may not have think to claim on, so am going to add another loan and credit agreement to my list. We are debt free right now so anything comes back is a huge bonus to us.

So out of 5 claims, one has come back and the others have until mid august. I am waiting on Barlcaycard, Halifax Credit Card and Simply Be cataloge. Any one had a good result with these?

Good luck to anyone trying to get back any PPI.
  • c1403
    c1403 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Emmsie21 wrote: »
    I wrote to Barclays who then sent me a letter advising I might have been mis-sold PPI insurance and to ring if I thought this was the case for an application form
    I did this and completed and returned the application form.
    Yesterday I received their decision - They have upheld my complaint and I have been refunded £8412 (this has been used to go towards my outstanding balance as on a debt management plan!). Woohoo!! :T:j:beer:

Was this on a Barclay's credit card? I am waiting to hear back from them. They have until mid August.
  • NL12lda
    NL12lda Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 8 August 2013 at 1:14PM
    Options
    I sat on my backside for so long thinking I would not be entitled to anything back from PPI reclaims, when out of the blue I got a letter from Virgin Money (mbna) with a form enclosed asking me to complete it and return to them soonest. I sent it straight back and within a fortnight had received a cheque for £2400. This spurred me on and I decided to contact my other lenders. No joy from American Express or Capital One (dont know if the criteria are different or they fob people off?) But just got an offer on Saturday from Halifax of £4500. Still waiting for mbna to come back on another account unconnected with Virgin Money, they asked me for more details last week, could be a good sign. Excellent results so far. Always do it yourself, its straight forward and there is no reason to give someone 20% for nothing, it is righly yours. Thanks again to Martin and the team

Just got a letter off MBNA offering £700 for credit cards closed. I advise anyone to keep up the pressure. Its all worth it. Thanks again Martin & team
  • Emmsie21
    Emmsie21 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    c1403 wrote: »
    Was this on a Barclay's credit card? I am waiting to hear back from them. They have until mid August.

No it was on a loan. Good luck with your claim!
  • magicbucks
    magicbucks Posts: 257 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2013 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Hi all

Got a cheque in post today from BOS for my sainsburys credit card from a few years ago for just under £1700. Yaaaay am really really please as I expected it to be no more than 1k

They were really straight forward to deal with and pleasant

Barclaycard are meant to respond by tomorrow .They requested more information which I gave them by phone

Does that make a difference versus by letter I had filled in the form they basically just confirmed the info I had given Anyone had that before?
  • eggnogs84
    Options
    Hi there im new to all this i had a credit card back in 2003 with lloyds tsb 3000 credit limit i ran this up twice and paid it off in full (6000) i wrote to lloyds myself last july but got declined i decided to take things further with fos and got a letter on 27 june this year stating that my complaint has been upheld and i will receive a goodwill payment from lloyds have phoned lloyds a few times and all i keep getting is ur payment is being calculated and we will b in touch!! has anyone experienced same and if so how long did it take to get calculation and payment?? any advice would be greatly appreciated!! :D
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just sent off OH's claim to Capital One. Anyone been successful with them? I'm then going to fill out forms for him for Monument and another (can't remember company).

Mine are Canada Square (waiting on the cheque) and still to do Barclaycard and Wallis storecard. Anyone had any success with these?
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • WelshGal68
    Options
    claireg86 wrote: »
    Great success story for my dad. I kept badgering mum and dad to ring the bank and put a ppi claim in as they have always paid it and it was mis-sold.
    Anyone one phone call and 6 weeks later my dad has just had a cheque off Lloyds for £23,000 and mum still waiting to hear from hers. They had no paper work and loans went back to 15 years ago.

Don't give up!

Well done - did the same with my dad, wrote letter of complaint for him, they rang with some questions, complaint upheld to the tune of £18,000!!!!

Don't give up indeed - oh and do it yoursef too!!!:T:T:T:beer::beer:
  • disneypls
    disneypls Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I had a claim upheld with first direct for £2400 but they are taking £1700 for outstanding debt but I'm glad as get a little money in my pocket and this debt is paid off. Thanks for all the great advice :)
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    Options
    magicbucks wrote: »
    Hi all

Got a cheque in post today from BOS for my sainsburys credit card from a few years ago for just under £1700. Yaaaay am really really please as I expected it to be no more than 1k

They were really straight forward to deal with and pleasant

Barclaycard are meant to respond by tomorrow .They requested more information which I gave them by phone

Does that make a difference versus by letter I had filled in the form they basically just confirmed the info I had given Anyone had that before?
    It should not make any difference, fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback