amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to all winners this week :j:j:j:j Brilliant, enjoy :beer:
  • Rg83
    Rg83 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

I visited this site to get information on claiming back ppi on loans I had with lloyds tsb dating back to 2001. I rang the bank to inquire as to whether any loans I had taken out had ppi, turns out I had 4! They took my details and I got confirmation of my complaint within a week. 5 weeks later I got a phone call and had to explain why I thought ppi was mis sold on the 4 loans. 2 weeks later j have received confirmation from lloyds that they are up holding my claims...£5000 will be credited to my account in next 4 weeks! But shocked by the amount but I would advise anyone to claim! I have another claim I. With lloyds for credit cards and 2 others for Barclays and MBNA...

I would like to thank thank MSE as I would not have known where to start with claiming. All these have been closed accounts and loans and I at no point have I even had to know the ppi policy numbers. Quick phone call to the bank and the odd stamp here and there has got me money back so well worth it and hopefully still more to come!

Thanks again for all the advice, one very happy chappie! 😃😃😃😃
  • funk100
    funk100 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: personal loan and a graduate loan

Who was the provider: HSBC

How much did you get back: £3713 was offered which I will be accepting.

HSBC sent me a letter and a form highlighting that I may have been misold ppi on my loans. Both loans were refinanced. I found out today which was 8 weeks on the dot from when they received my questionnaire and said that they were going to investigate.

It was upheld due to me already having cover as a teacher for sickness benefits and also due to refinancing. Very happy!!:j
  • jo29154
    jo29154 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have received a letter back in march to say they owe me £1500, they received the forms back 8th April and should have got my money 4 weeks later but I'm still waiting each time I ring its a different excuse ie gone for recalulated or payment will be on Friday. Can any one what I can do next, l have been ring twice a week since may.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stop ringing, you're not going to get anywhere.

E-mail the ceo, google for the e-mail address.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • hall.brian
    hall.brian Posts: 44 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Recived my form for my ppi claim...hard to fill in ..so i rang ..she said just fill in what u can ..we just want to know your sittuation when you were claimming..so i put in when the innsurance was taken ..howand when. It was taken ..and what it covered..so i said at a bank meeting.2000.. Advised to take it ..and what it covered..i also asked to make sure it covered me for absalutely everything if anything happened to me which it did (ie an accident and beeing ill)....but it never paid..so filling in as much as i can..any advice before i send forms in ...cheers
  • sunshine2015_2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to share that I have had a successful PPI claim!
    I cannot believe it but I received a letter from Lloyds yesterday offering £5710 which i will be accepting!
    I just want to encourage anyone who has taken out loans with this insurance to make the effort and to put a claim in if you believe you were missold it.

I spent a lot of time filling in the forms and going back over my details from the year 2000 onwards which was quite stressful, and time consuming, but the effort has paid off.

It just takes a bit of time and concentration but it is worth it in the end.

I filled in the forms straight off of the Lloyds tsb website.
    I would also encourage you to keep copies and if you have more than one claim, staple them all together as they lost one of mine!I had to resend to them, so just be ultra organised and very very detailed.

Good luck!

Thank you Martin Lewis for the templates!!
  • hall.brian
    hall.brian Posts: 44 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    hi everyone,
    i just wanted to share that i have had a successful ppi claim!
    I cannot believe it but i received a letter from lloyds yesterday offering £5710 which i will be accepting!
    I just want to encourage anyone who has taken out loans with this insurance to make the effort and to put a claim in if you believe you were missold it.

I spent a lot of time filling in the forms and going back over my details from the year 2000 onwards which was quite stressful, and time consuming, but the effort has paid off.

It just takes a bit of time and concentration but it is worth it in the
    i filled in the forms straight off of the lloyds tsb website.
    I would also encourage you to keep copies and if you have more than one claim, staple them all together as they lost one of mine!i had to resend to them, so just be ultra organised and very very detailed.

Good luck!

Thank you martin lewis for the templates!!
    hi there ..what info did you have..im in the same boat claiming from 2000....they just give me some account numbers today ..and which accounts there investigating..i never give them these..so fingers crossed as im sending my forms back today but i have no inssurance info for them..also if you can help .i had a cheque book.i used to pay people with stubbs out when i first got the loan for the buisness..but they say it does not eggsist..
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hall.brian wrote: »
    Recived my form for my ppi claim...hard to fill in ..so i rang ..she said just fill in what u can ..we just want to know your sittuation when you were claimming..so i put in when the innsurance was taken ..howand when. It was taken ..and what it covered..so i said at a bank meeting.2000.. Advised to take it ..and what it covered..i also asked to make sure it covered me for absalutely everything if anything happened to me which it did (ie an accident and beeing ill)....but it never paid..so filling in as much as i can..any advice before i send forms in ...cheers
    Use the fact that these were Single Premium PPI and the full cost of these were not made clear at the point of sale, for you to make an informed decision, if you had other means to repay these loans, life insurance or cover elsewhere, then put this too.
  • toneeb
    toneeb Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: PPI on a credit card
    Who was the provider: Barclaycard

How much did you get back: £700 'goodwill'

Previously turned down by Barclaycard Visa (who strangely paid out on a Barclaycard Mastercard). Appealed to FSO, they replied to say that Barclaycard were willing to give me a goodwill payment.

Took about 9 months but got there in the end.

Pro tip - Never take no for an answer. Go straight to FSO if you get turned down initially. It'll take a while but it could be worth it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback