PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone just wanted to share a success from halifax - even thought they stated at first i had no such thing as PPI. I got a CHQ for £2103 yesterday!!!
    Living the simple life
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    "Niggly the king of Calcs" :beer:

:j:jHe is the best!! It's brill what he does for people on here!!:T:Txx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    Tink_04 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wanted to share a success from halifax - even thought they stated at first i had no such thing as PPI. I got a CHQ for £2103 yesterday!!!

Congratulations tink:j:jxx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    Morning all, I've already had one success thanks to help from this site, can't believe how easy it was just following the advice on here!

Now my claim against HFC has been upheld and I'm waiting for an offer i nthe post.The PPI in total was around £1300 over 2 loans but one loan was a consolidation of the other, and the later one was paid off early. Just wondered as a general rule, what sort of early payment discount do banks give, and when take out a consolidation loan, how's that affect the PPI on the first loan ?

Many thanks in advance..

Congratulations!!:j:j I'm sure someone will help you on herexx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    Good luck to all winners today...:-) xx
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rasher3864 wrote: »
    I received my letter from the FSA saying that Barclays have agreed to settle and will right to me by the end of August with details of the settlement, that was months ago and still nothing! Any ideas should I go back to the ombudsman?

Can anyone help?

Hi,

The letter would have been from the FOS, not the FSA - when exactly did they last write?

If the Ombudsman said end of August, you have to allow at least until then before complaining

Current Ombudsman timelines for the banks are 8 weeks from the point they uphold to the date they are expected to calculate and pay out the refund

If they have exceeded this 8 weeks (allowing an extra week - so 9 weeks total - for your signed acceptance form to get back to the bank via FOS) then yes, you need to call the FOS and complain

:)
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • nutty_nat
    nutty_nat Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Good luck to all winners today...:-) xx

It's FFFFFFFFFFFFFFriday again lots and lots of luck to everybody let's hope we get lots of big wins today :j:j
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 August 2011 at 9:54AM
    Options
    grant1256 wrote: »
    hi thanks for reply hope this enough info for those maths genius you are talking about

taken out 2/09/2007
    loan amount £25,100 cash loan
    PPP loan £6146.99

terms 144 months
    apr 6.9% variable

(On pp i statement of price it says after 60 months they would pay me a cash back of 6146.99 also states that total price payable on the premium with int rate and the loan runs for full term £8976.96.)

My comment it seems that over the next 12 months I will be paying near enough another £3000 for the ppi with interest?

Thanks
    Hi there, well done on your win :j
    When they do the calculations the whole ppi amount is taken off the loan,and will be paid back quicker,your monthly payment will also reduce by the ppi monthly amount :T the ppi you have paid to date with interest will be given back to you,the ppi will cost you thousands in interest over the remaining term of the loan,so you will have saved this too :T all in all a good deal :T
    The final calculation will have saved you over 11.000 with the ppi and the money refunded to you x.
  • vinwaa
    Options
    sophosh wrote: »
    Hi Vinny

Congratulations that's great news. Out of interest when did you submit your PPI complaint?

hi Sophosh i submitted my claim the 4th of january this year hope that helps and good luck

vinny
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    "Niggly the king of Calcs" :beer:
    :D:DDitto :D:D Niggly is ace :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing