PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Rae115
    Rae115 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    Xanadu20 wrote: »
    Got my responce from OPUS (card was CITI) today, £4222. PPI Paid + Card Interest + 8%. its around what i worked out for 6 Years, guess they wont go back any further than that unless i can prove i was paying PPI, which i was, but cant prove it, Great news as only have a balance of £15 on the card!

RBS have upheld my clame from my Mint card, awaiting amount, but i think it should be around the same as above. Lloyds have also upheld £700 for a loan i had a few years ago, just waiting for them to pay.

Also had 2000 back from Northen Rock the end of last year.

Good luck everyone, hope you are all as sucessful.

Rich

hey CONGRATS YOU DESERVE IT FROM CITI :beer::beer: i find them 1 of the hardest to get through to.

if u dont mind me asking how much was ur balance? and when did u put ur claim in???
  • thegaffer
    thegaffer Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    moomoo4444 wrote: »
    Just got a knockback on LTSB credit card ...not HP so off to FOS i go ..is there a form i know need to fill in please
    very unhappy about it all :(

Has anyone had a successful LLoydstsb credit claim as yet >? Im on my 14th week, fingers crossed !!
  • Xanadu20
    Xanadu20 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2011 at 7:38PM
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    hey CONGRATS YOU DESERVE IT FROM CITI :beer::beer: i find them 1 of the hardest to get through to.

if u dont mind me asking how much was ur balance? and when did u put ur claim in???

My Balance was always between 3500 and 4000, up until around 6 months ago when i used my savings to clear it down. However i cancelled my PPI Feb 2010 so i guess there is around maybe 5 years of ppi + interest + 8%. if they had gone back to day one it would have been around 7k pay back, but i dont think i have anyway of supporting anything past 6 years.

I called OPUS yesterday and they told my they had sent me a final response so i actually thought they had rejected it. Since there is no real balance on the card and its cash in the pocket i am just gonna sign and wait for the moneys.

Have you heard anything from CITI at all ?

Rich

Edit, sorry sent to CITI November, they forwarded onto OPUS Feb 2011.
  • Rae115
    Options
    Hi lynk

Got a letter from Bcard not from Cassandra someone else to say thye are making enqs and wanted me to know will get a further update (i think) 14/09. have u heard anything...

i know shes back at work on wednesday but then she will have to catch back up + the bank holiday she will be off again.

Rae
  • Rae115
    Options
    Xanadu20 wrote: »
    My Balance was always between 3500 and 4000, up until around 6 months ago when i used my savings to clear it down. However i cancelled my PPI Feb 2010 so i guess there is around maybe 5 years of ppi + interest + 8%. if they had gone back to day one it would have been around 7k pay back, but i dont think i have anyway of supporting anything past 6 years.

I called OPUS yesterday and they told my they had sent me a final response so i actually thought they had rejected it. Since there is no real balance on the card and its cash in the pocket i am just gonna sign and wait for the moneys.

Have you heard anything from CITI at all ?

Rich

by balance was 8k closed it in 2009. i put my claim back in May and nothing i ahve called, written and called again and even emailed ceo of bank of scotland and citi and they have not even acknowledged my email / letters.

last tuesday i was on the phone 1 hour and told them i wasnt coming off until i spoke with someone in the complaint dept finally got through to rebecca who said they hadnt had my ppi form which was signed for and the will only go off computer showing i sent a letter in july i need to do another form.

i AGAIN did one last friday and still nothing, now when i call and they hear my name they just say to me its with the ppi dept if i want an update i need to write in. even to see if they had my letter i sent on friday.

so ive posted all emails and every to the fos yesterday.

thats mystory with them:mad:
  • grant1256
    Options
    received my offer from barclays today,
    not happy not sure how they are working this out.

paid ppi payments 4 years if i pay it till 7/2012 I would get the full £6146 cashback, which is the full ppi payment for the loan
    but because I have complained they say with interest for the past 4 years inc they will refund me £3246, plus 8% flat interest of £508.

any comments

I worked it out they I have been paying about 75 a month for the past 4 years so with interest that should come to more than they are offering me?
  • bhoqoN
    bhoqoN Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grant1256 wrote: »
    received my offer from barclays today,
    not happy not sure how they are working this out.

paid ppi payments 4 years if i pay it till 7/2012 I would get the full £6146 cashback, which is the full ppi payment for the loan
    but because I have complained they say with interest for the past 4 years inc they will refund me £3246, plus 8% flat interest of £508.

any comments

I worked it out they I have been paying about 75 a month for the past 4 years so with interest that should come to more than they are offering me?[/QUOTE

Hi Grant 1256,

Well done on your win:j. I suggest you post mor info for the lovely maths champions to help you. Things like loan amount, APR, term of loan, PPI amount, whether it was a consolidated loan, if so details of previous loans. As much infor as possible will be useful to the guys that calculate. Congratulations!:j:j
  • rowls
    rowls Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, wonder if anyone can work out some figures for me please.

Loan with nemo finance for £48,000

ppi £11,880

total loan £59,880

monthly int rate 0.724%

apr 9.0%

monthly payment £498.00

Loan term 300 months. So far i have paid this loan for 48 months. could anybody work out how much i am paying a month for ppi
    as it does not say on my agreement. Also could you work out how much i will get back if my claim is upheld. Thanks very much
  • grant1256
    Options
    hi thanks for reply hope this enough info for those maths genius you are talking about

taken out 2/09/2007
    loan amount £25,100 cash loan
    PPP loan £6146.99

terms 144 months
    apr 6.9% variable

(On pp i statement of price it says after 60 months they would pay me a cash back of 6146.99 also states that total price payable on the premium with int rate and the loan runs for full term £8976.96.)

My comment it seems that over the next 12 months I will be paying near enough another £3000 for the ppi with interest?

Thanks
  • bhoqoN
    bhoqoN Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    grant1256 wrote: »
    hi thanks for reply hope this enough info for those maths genius you are talking about

taken out 2/09/2007
    loan amount £25,100 cash loan
    PPP loan £6146.99

terms 144 months
    apr 6.9% variable

(On pp i statement of price it says after 60 months they would pay me a cash back of 6146.99 also states that total price payable on the premium with int rate and the loan runs for full term £8976.96.)

My comment it seems that over the next 12 months I will be paying near enough another £3000 for the ppi with interest?

Thanks

Hi,

I am sure Niggly and others will help as soon as they see your post! Fabulous guys they are!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback