We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• bhoqoN
    bhoqoN Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Niggly please help!!
    Thank you for your continued support! This forum is an invaluable source of comfort for me and many others - thanks to people like you!!! My husband had his claim upheld by Barclays (claimed in Sep 2010 and got goodwill letter in June) The loan details as follows:

June 2009
    Loan amount 17000
    PPI 3720.83
    Monthly repayment 454.98
    Term 60 months
    APR 11.43

Sept 2004
    Loan amount 15000
    PPI 3894
    Monthly payments 387.50 (paid 36 installments, cleared early with 7968.24 from loan 4)
    Term 60 months
    APR 10.9
    January 2004
    Loan amount 5000
    PPI 1764.6
    Monthly payments 152.88 (paid 7 installments and cleared early with 5724.86 from loan 3)
    APR 17.9
    April 2002
    Loan amount 5000
    Monthly repayments 229.63 (paid off with 2994.49 0n 11/8/2003)
    He have no paperwork for this one. Barclays have repeatedly refused to give them to him due to it being over 6 years. So
    cannot tell you the APR or term.

July 2002
    Claimed for PPI on overdraft paid £2 since july 2002 to date

Kindly work out for us what could be due. :j:j
  • dan4868
    dan4868 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    i am wondring if any one can help with the amount of PPI i will get back all i have is the dates of loans and amounts + payments made ?

:T Well done to everyone who has won today :beer:
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    bhoqoN wrote: »
    Niggly,

Thank you ever so much. I have the following as calculated by RBS:
    Loan 1
    TOTAL refund £202.85
    Gross interest at FOS rate added to each overpayment from the date of payment to date £107.38
    Less 20% tax £21.47
    Net interest £85.91
    Additional gross interest for delay in dealing with your complaint £1.29
    Less 20% tax £0.26
    Net interest £1.03
    Total offer £289.79

Loan 2
    Total refund of PPI and associated interest £339.08
    Gross interest at FSO rate added to each overpayment £108.45
    Less 20%tax £21.69
    Net interest £86.76
    Additional gross interest for delay £2.06
    Less tax 20% £0.41
    Net interest £1.65
    Total offer £427.49
    Loan 3
    Total refund of PPI and associated interest £1835.47
    Gross interest at FSO rate £758.01
    Less 20% tax £151.60
    Net interest £606.41
    Additional gross interest for delay £10.23
    Less tax 20% £2.05
    Net interest £8.18
    Total offer £2450.06
    Loan 4
    Total refund of PPI and associated interest £5765.64
    Gross interest at FSO rate £884.32
    Less 20% tax £176.86
    Net interest £707.46
    Additional gross interest for delay £29.15
    Less 20% tax £5.83
    Net interest £23.32
    Total offer £6496.42
    Loan reduced to 482.80 and outstanding balance to be reduced to reflect without PPI.

I am on day 13 of the will credit your current account in 28 days. Will keep the forum updated! Total is £9 663.76 and is going to include consolidated interest accrued on receipt of acceptance offer. I await the final figure!!:j:j:j

The reason my quote is higher is because the ppi have rolled into each loan. The figs from RBS dont include this. I assume this is what is meant by consolidated interest. We will see.
  • rolo1952
    rolo1952 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Thank You for your reply.
    for anyone who can advise some further details about the 2 loans from welcome

First loan taken out December 2007 for £3000 for 36 months
    PPI £1023 added to loan Then 689.71 Interest added
    Monthly payment for PPI £47.60

Refinance Loan June 2008 (First loan paid off) Additional £1000 borrowed £4481.45 Balance owed
    PPI £1247.19 Added to loan Then 585.82 Interest added
    Monthly payment £50.92
    APR 31.85

Loan paid off March 2010.
    No refunds given on either loan when paid early

I was advised to use 1 form to claim both PPI.

Can anyone tell me if the refund figure is correct for both policy.

I must say that she is delighted with the refund received and would like to thank you for your past help
  • -SDW-
    -SDW- Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Recieved a letter from FOS today ...
    'following our involvement ,HBOS has now agreed to make an offer to settle your complaint '
    sounds promising to me ...9 years of ppi payments plus 8% interest , just need to wait the 'up to 8 weeks ' for them to do some calculations...:beer:
    i've waited around 2 years listening to hbos and thier feeble excuses not to pay out ..but fos has decided it was mis-sold ..
    HBOS charges..£7000.00 recieved.
    Egg cc..£1300 recieved.
    Barclaycard cc..£ 568 recieved.
    A&L loan..£1677 recieved..HBOS cc..£3500. HBOS.. loan £919.HBOS.cc charges. £1400 MPPI £21799 recieved
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mumofjanda wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry to bump my own post again but I'm struggling a bit with this and don't want to get it wrong.:o
    Apart from quoting what Smitchy has advised what else should I include in my response to Nationwide. Should I explain my recollection of how the loan was sold as in my explanation above and what should I say about the single premium?
    Or should I forget going back to Nationwide and just see what happens at the FOS.
    Thanks again!
    Hi there,just tell them what you put in the post and what Smitchy posted.
    Do you have other loans that you opted not to take the ppi on,and so could say that you do not take ppi?,this would help.

Also ask that they keep your claim open until you get the recording,as this would be evidence of the ppi sold correctly, and you wont have to take this to FOS and waste anymore time on it.

Also say that it was not explained enough to you in such a way that you would maybe not have taken it,or have taken it.
    Hopefully someone else may give you more to add,but go back to Nationwide before you go to FOS.
  • amersall
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Here, here!!! They are Fantastic with a capital F...their advice is invaluable:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Dxx
    :o:o:o You made me blush :) thanks.
    Our bill is in the post :rotfl::rotfl:0% plus vat :cool:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Well done and Congratulations to all winners of today!
    :T:beer::j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    edited 19 August 2011 at 9:48AM
    Options
    bflare wrote: »
    Hello Its me again!!!

Well I have another question. I received the following standard letter from Barclays on Tuesday:

"You will have recently received a letter confirming the date by which we will provide a full response to youe complaint. We are currently on track to meet all our response deadlines. We are, however, dealing with a large number of PPI enquiries in addition to our normal customer service activity and our call centres are currently experiencing higher than usual call volumes. Please be aware that if you contact us by telephone to check the progress of your PPI complaint we will not be able to give you any further information about your complaint. Please be assured that we are on track to respond to your, in writing, within the timescales previously advised. If you would like more general information on PPI full details are available on our website at www.barclays.co.uk/PPIinformation."

Now I have just realised that I have aletter from them which confirms that they received my complaint on the 5th May which would give them till the 17th August to give me an answer. I did have a letter previously that stated I would have a final response on that paticular date or sonner. This date as oviously passed now along with the 16 weeks does that mean that Barclays are breaking the FOS rules???? If so should I contact the CEO (AGAIN!!) about this?????

Thanks,

Tony.
    Hi there, they have until the 31st august to give you a decision either way,the FOS nor FSCS have a clue if they have to pay out by then or if they have extra time !!! and these are the ones who granted the extension :rotfl:this is fact because it cost me 2, 20 minute phone calls for them to give me that answer.
  • amersall
    Options
    LAURA77 wrote: »
    Hi

I put my claim in in december 2010, received the letter in june 2011
    saying i will hear by 31st august, received another letter last week saying they were on target to meet their deadlines!! Well the 31st is nearing and i havent heard anything else!!
    :D:D Yes,but do they do know what they have to have done by the deadline? :eek: because FSCS or the FOS have no clue :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure