PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    There are alot of requests coming through re calcs. I have to work out most by hand and then run the 8% spreadsheet. Would it not be more helpful if we had a seperate sticky where people could post these. I am happy to do the calculations for loans but the ppi on Credit cards is too complex. What does the mod think of setting a sticky up re calculations

For those posted today and I havent answered I will get around to them by the end of the weekend.

Thanks N
  • patricia50
    patricia50 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    thegaffer wrote: »
    Has anyone had a successful LLoydstsb credit claim as yet >? Im on my 14th week, fingers crossed !!

I'm in exactly the same position. 2 Lloydstsb credit cards and at 14 weeks. Wish they would hurry up and let us know!:(
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Yes there are stacks of requests for calcs, on this thread, you are very popular Niggly lol.:D:T

Sorry I am unable to step in with the workings out side of it though, maths isn't exactly my subject, everything else in regards of making a reclaim, that is about all I can help with.:o;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    "Niggly the king of Calcs" :beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • nutty_nat
    nutty_nat Posts: 475 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    "Niggly the king of Calcs" :beer:

I second that Di :T:T, what Niggly does for people is above and beyond, I wish i was good at calcs, but I'm afraid not Three cheers for Niggly ;):A
  • rasher3864
    Options
    I received my letter from the FSA saying that Barclays have agreed to settle and will right to me by the end of August with details of the settlement, that was months ago and still nothing! Any ideas should I go back to the ombudsman?

Can anyone help?
  • claire95
    claire95 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    hi all
    First time poster but iv been reading the forums regarding ppi for a while now, just wondering how HSBC give you your money back, is it by cheque or bank transfer, my OH and i bothe recived letters last week saying our complaints had been upheld and to wait up to 4 weeks for figures, if anyone could help that would be great thank you
    :A:beer::A
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rowls wrote: »
    Hi, wonder if anyone can work out some figures for me please.

Loan with nemo finance for £48,000

ppi £11,880

total loan £59,880

monthly int rate 0.724%

apr 9.0%

monthly payment £498.00

Loan term 300 months. So far i have paid this loan for 48 months. could anybody work out how much i am paying a month for ppi
    as it does not say on my agreement. Also could you work out how much i will get back if my claim is upheld. Thanks very much

That should give a refund in the region of £5,600 and also your future repayments should go down to around £399 a month.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • TOTALNEWBIE
    Options
    Could anybody give me the email address of who to chase in relation to CITI cards PPI please? Thanks
  • redders19777
    Options
    Morning all, I've already had one success thanks to help from this site, can't believe how easy it was just following the advice on here!

Now my claim against HFC has been upheld and I'm waiting for an offer i nthe post.The PPI in total was around £1300 over 2 loans but one loan was a consolidation of the other, and the later one was paid off early. Just wondered as a general rule, what sort of early payment discount do banks give, and when take out a consolidation loan, how's that affect the PPI on the first loan ?

Many thanks in advance..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure