We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best basic line rental +unlimited broadband deal

1…4567810»

Comments

  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,319
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes no problem! The lack of a working phone line doesn't matter too much, as I use a mobile phone all the time - but I would still like it sorted. I'm awaiting a quote from an engineer; if it's not too expensive, I'll probably go for it.
  • Stonker
    Stonker Posts: 585
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Best thing is to try a normal phone plugged into the same socket as your router
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Stonker wrote: »
    Now I can get FTTC broadband, BT Infinity 1 is looking best value


    £31.99 a month
    £36.95 setup
    £21 cashback
    £50 Sainsbury's voucher



    Talk Talk are charging considerably less
    £5 per month for 1st 12 months - £10 per month thereafter
    on top of £17.60 phone line
    unlimited downloads
    £0 set up
    £20 quidco cashback
    £75 voucher
    So far (touch plastic) all is well - I signed up 2 weeks ago - after a long wait for fibre !!
  • Stonker
    Stonker Posts: 585
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That's if I want to stay with TT lol.


    Oddly enough, BT Infinity site is now showing that it isn't available again
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I fail to see why people don't like TT - They use exactly the same infrastructure as BT or any of the others - even the router appears to be identical (if not better)
    Your "pipework" to connect you to the rest of the world is the same
    The only issue that I can see is SUPPORT - Which I have found can be dodgy - but I have a contact in CEO office who has assisted me - so no problems at this end.....
    My wifes SIM needed replacement - this was dispatched the same day and arrived the next day - we were given 2 months free on this for the inconvenience !!
  • Stonker
    Stonker Posts: 585
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That's the issue, I have had 13 months of hell with them. Ultimately you are right, it's still openreach but TT just tell you what Openreach tell them. When you contest what they are telling you and that they have incorrect data, they won't go back to Openreach, just keep insisting that their info is correct
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.