🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    have you seen this article? Slightly puts me off the bednest, and the NCT no longer hire them. Hmm, will have to research more.

I have and if you delve right into it the death was a very tragic accident as a result of multiple mistakes in the way it was used. The parents bought it second hand and seemingly had no instructions. The bednest was tilted at a higher angle than the recommended maximum, the mattress was not a bednest one and was considerably thicker , meaning the gap from the mattress to the top of the bednest was lower and baby had been placed on its front. It was also not recommended that the sides were left halfway down when baby was unattended.

The bednest now been adjusted so you cannot have the side half done,it's all or nothing. :)

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    I have and if you delve right into it the death was a very tragic accident as a result of multiple mistakes in the way it was used. The parents bought it second hand and seemingly had no instructions. The bednest was tilted at a higher angle than the recommended maximum, the mattress was not a bednest one and was considerably thicker , meaning the gap from the mattress to the top of the bednest was lower and baby had been placed on its front. It was also not recommended that the sides were left halfway down when baby was unattended.

The bednest now been adjusted so you cannot have the side half done,it's all or nothing. :)

Yeah it does seem that there were mistakes which led to the tragic death. Food for thought. Who knew so much prepping and research would need to be done!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Moneypenny.. Mine have a vest and sleepsuit and cardigan whatever time of year but the winter babies had a blanket swaddle as well. If I dressed them as the books said they were utterly freezing, refused to settled and were just generally unhappy.. they need to be a bit warmer than us.. we can move about to keep warm, it gets very cold just laid somewhere still. They also had stacks more bedding than the books suggest for the same reason!

Mine has gone from super wriggler to just not moving for days at a time.. lazy little bug again it seems. I've not felt it at all since Friday evening.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tata, that's what I found the last time, all the things I'd never been warned about. My husband's neice was 3 months behind me that time, and had mental health issues, so it was handy that I could let her know it was all normal
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    Tata, that's what I found the last time, all the things I'd never been warned about. My husband's neice was 3 months behind me that time, and had mental health issues, so it was handy that I could let her know it was all normal

I felt like anyone we told has been like 'oh and where you okay with the sickness?'.. When I tell them I didn't have any they proceed to tell me how lucky I am.. I generally felt like crap for the first 12 weeks - if only they would like to ask about my other symptoms :cool:

I know a few mums but I'm the first out of my group of friends to have a baby and the first of my sisters as well!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Moneypenny.. Mine have a vest and sleepsuit and cardigan whatever time of year but the winter babies had a blanket swaddle as well. If I dressed them as the books said they were utterly freezing, refused to settled and were just generally unhappy.. they need to be a bit warmer than us.. we can move about to keep warm, it gets very cold just laid somewhere still. They also had stacks more bedding than the books suggest for the same reason!

Mine has gone from super wriggler to just not moving for days at a time.. lazy little bug again it seems. I've not felt it at all since Friday evening.

Thanks for letting me know pigpen. I agree...we had our room at 18 degrees (which was actually probably more like 14, snow outside, can't have been 18!) and poor little baba in a cellular blanket folded twice, a vest and sleepsuit. Took us 4 weeks to realise she wasn't fussing, she was cold. First night in a gro-bag...slept like a log! Good old baby books! :o
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Ah yes Tata, the 'fanny daggers' as someone on here once referred to them! I assume it is baby kicking the cervix! Mine has found my bladder now and seems to enjoy kicking that more often instead!

She's a proper little fidget bum, just like her Mum!

Woke up with awful trapped wind yesterday morning, which I couldn't shift all day! On my right side and proper uncomfortable! It has eased a lot this morning, but is still niggling away at me, so am going to see if I can find something to help it along at lunchtime. Does anyone know if any of the products for easing wind are safe in pregnancy? Mmmm, I guess I'll have to ask the chemist really. Oh the glamour of pregnancy! lol

DH has been going great guns with eBaying his old stuff to clear out space and generate money - he's made around £300 so far! And that's sparked my interest too, so I listed a few bits on eBay last night as well! lol

I hope everyone is well xx
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    euro... settlers windeze... utter god send!! I get awful trapped wind.

I've not felt mine move for about 4 days.. I think it is a potato!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi ladies, back from our week in France - weather was fabulous so and totally made my bit of the holiday. Skiing and boarding conditions were great for hubby and our friends and I was sat in a bar for approx 4-6 hours a day, enjoying the sun beating down on my face whilst wrapped up well.

Whilst I've been away, I seem to have "popped out" - I suddenly look pregnant although I do carry a bit of spare flesh so it's taken a while.

Currently 16+4 - way, way further than we've ever got before.

Also think I may have felt some flutters last week - very weird sensation and not entirely convinced it's baby, could just be wind! :rotfl:

16 week midwife appt tomorrow at the local surgery and then 20 week scan booked for 29th February at the hospital.

Still being sick occasionally but certainly not as frequently as before - thank goodness
    Gelly
    x
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks pigpen, I shall give that a go.

Maybe he/she is facing your back and kicking that way so you can't feel much. Do you know if your placenta is anterior or posterior this time?
    February wins: Theatre tickets
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport