🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ooh, do they still do the pregnancy bounty packs?? I was lumbered with one at the booking appointment.. 99% went in the bin as usual.. I've not had a pregnancy one since Lord knows when.. I did get the newborn ones.. I had 4 with my 13 year old! and 3 with my 15 year old and 3 with my 16 year old.. they just kept giving me them when I was out of my room. I'd come back to one on the bed lol. It used to be boots you got them from is it still?

I've flung a couple of sleepsuits I have left in the drawer yesterday.. there are about 6 .. I sold everything about 6 months ago!

I need to get the cot repaired too. one of the catches are broken and one the lats needs replacing.. though I may just put Pixie in a single bed and use her cot.

I need to get the pram wheels checked at the bike shop.

There.. happy now I have a to-do list.. this middle bit of pregnancy is so boring.. ~(yes that is tempting baby drama!! lol)~ .. baby doesn't move much that I can feel, anterior placenta again I think.. so its just waiting for the anomaly scan really.. which is 2 weeks away still.. I'm not getting anything until after that.. just in case, I'm still convinced there is something not quite right.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Joining you from the less than 12w thread, if that's ok?

I had my scan yesterday which put me at exactly 13 weeks. Can't wait to start telling people next week when I've officially informed work, I feel like I've kept this pg secret for a lifetime already!
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome rinroo
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Welcome rinroo!

Flutter, we have bought the next to me crib, but haven't taken it out of the box yet, so I can't answer your question I'm afraid. We're still at the folks so I can't even check.

DH was able to feel baby kick for the first time today, which was lovely :)
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Welcome rinroo!!

flutter- I keep getting really bad tension headaches but only on the days I am in work (I have a feeling it is the computers/lighting) on my rest days I am absolutely fine. It's a bit frustrating because I don't know how much of it is pregnancy related and how much is being in an office environment (I am usually out and about).
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    Skint - will the GP sign you off with stress? Sounds like you have a very strong case for it xx Hope you feel better soon, roll on maternity leave hey!

rinroo - welcome :) glad to have you here.

euronorris - congrats on team pink!

Question for anyone who has had a summer newborn...what do you put them in in the day and what do they sleep in? DC1 was born when it snowed so we just wrapped her up in loads of layers day and night. Will little sleeveless vests be enough for the day and a sleepsuit without a vest for night? (obviously depending how hot/cold it is), I'm thinking more of if we have a warmish summer.

I sorted out our old baby clothes yesterday, all the "up to 1 month" clothes are neutral, brand new and pristine as DC1 was too big for them. All the neutral 0-3 sleepysuits are really old looking so might get some new ones. Also got some fleecy 0-3 sleepsuits which I don't think we will need in summer!
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Flutter, I was doing some research on Co sleepers this morning and someone wrote that to put the side up and down you have to move it away from the bed, otherwise you have to lay on the metal bar when it's down, does that make sense?

I just looked at the made for mums review and it does seem that it needs to be either up permanently or down permanently.

We are either hiring a bednest or getting a snuzpod because the side can go up and down easily and the bassinet part can also be removed.

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Welcome rinroo!
    flutter- I keep getting really bad tension headaches but only on the days I am in work (I have a feeling it is the computers/lighting) on my rest days I am absolutely fine. It's a bit frustrating because I don't know how much of it is pregnancy related and how much is being in an office environment (I am usually out and about).

skintbuthappy - you sound very similar to me! My normal job is not office based, and very little computer use (sadly I'm not out and about though as I work in a prison :rotfl:). I think the sitting down all day in front of a pc isn't helping the headaches.

jtr2803 - thanks for the info, I had read similar but also read of people not securing to the bed and it being fine. I will research more.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    We are either hiring a bednest

have you seen this article? Slightly puts me off the bednest, and the NCT no longer hire them. Hmm, will have to research more.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Just had my combined test result back - says risk is low but at the end of the day, it's not a diagnostic tool, so I'll still be pretty nervous coming up to my 20 week scan in 3 weeks time.

I've been thinking about what sex the baby will be and I've honestly not a notion so I'll be looking forward to finding out.

Getting pains in the hoo-ha area ever other day - people conveniently leave this bit out when they talk about pregnancy! I have warned my girlfriends ;)
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family