12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• moneypenny21
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    Lucky you getting a special parking permit, even with SPD there's no point me asking for one as they won't give them! It's the whole pregnancy is a condition not a sickness arguement

This argument makes me so mad! (I realise it's not you making the argument btw Lemon Tree;)). I certainly don't feel like my usual self, I can't take my usual tablets therefore my "conditions" are worse than usual so I've had more sick days than I would typically. Last time my pelvis rotated, I had an abscess and really sore gums and silent migraines - none of which I wouldn't have had without being pregnant.

I was only thinking this morning how tight the parking spaces are at work and how actually, I will struggle to get out of them in a few weeks time. I would never criticise a pregnant woman for parking in a parent & child space because I once got stuck in my car in a normal space and OH had to come and rescue me :eek:

No its not an "illness" but it definitely makes you feel very different to "normal".

I'll get off my soapbox now :rotfl::rotfl: Seriously though, I am considering asking work to think "inclusively" (its all they bang on about) and consider larger spaces!
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    Saw my consultant today, I'm 24 weeks so I guess I should be moving up to the 'big girl thread'. Strangely enough, like last time I don't have diabetes despite their obsession, just to test again before my 28 week scan and they will release me to the 'normal' consultant. I hate having to test

:j 24 weeks! Eek, its going fast!

I'm also grumpy at having to have the GTT again, my Dad is type 2, I have a high BMI but didn't have it last time. I know it changes with each pregnancy but "yuck and yawn" is how I would describe the GTT!
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This argument makes me so mad! (I realise it's not you making the argument btw Lemon Tree;)). I certainly don't feel like my usual self, I can't take my usual tablets therefore my "conditions" are worse than usual so I've had more sick days than I would typically. Last time my pelvis rotated, I had an abscess and really sore gums and silent migraines - none of which I wouldn't have had without being pregnant.

I was only thinking this morning how tight the parking spaces are at work and how actually, I will struggle to get out of them in a few weeks time. I would never criticise a pregnant woman for parking in a parent & child space because I once got stuck in my car in a normal space and OH had to come and rescue me :eek:

No its not an "illness" but it definitely makes you feel very different to "normal".

I'll get off my soapbox now :rotfl::rotfl: Seriously though, I am considering asking work to think "inclusively" (its all they bang on about) and consider larger spaces!

Tell me about it! Last time I was signed off sick with exhaustion because work expected me to do 5 * 9 hour days with a combined round trip of 1 1\2 hours. I told them I needed help they ignored me, then insisted on coming to my house twice to conduct sickness management meetings because I hit their flags! The head of department once said, I should send you home but need the work done so if you'll stay I'll let you! Just as he was walking out the door to go home!
    I guess I'm still bitter about it. Especially as it would be very different if I was an officer rather than 'just' a civilian
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :j 24 weeks! Eek, its going fast!

I'm also grumpy at having to have the GTT again, my Dad is type 2, I have a high BMI but didn't have it last time. I know it changes with each pregnancy but "yuck and yawn" is how I would describe the GTT!

I can't do a gtt therefore have to test one week out of 4 to prove I'm not diabetic.
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Lemon tree that sucks. My OB is obsessed with weight gain - well she can fudge off! Her idea of pregnancy seems to be managing your weight gain cos good lord if you gained more than your suppose to you'll have GD or a big baby...
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lemon tree.. you don't HAVE to do anything.. tell them no! Antenatal appointments are optional, you don't have to have any or see anyone at all. They only do what you allow them to.

I refused the GTT entirely (and everything else.. I had the scan and booking appointment and not seen anyone since and unless I feel unwell I won't).. I have no symptoms so not doing it.. I have gained up to 5.5 stone in previous pregnancies.. but it is me that has to shift it afterwards so it is chuff all to do with anyone else IMO.. I eat when I am hungry and do try not to eat crisps 25 times a day but sometimes it is just necessary! :p
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well, I just scoffed down a McDonald's guilt free! lol And I'll probably follow up with crisps and a hot cross bun this afternoon! lol After a slow start to weight gain, it's definitely under way now! I can't think why.....lol
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    I do understand the OBs concern as I was just over the normal level of my BMI - but I've not actually put on a lot of pounds - maybe 4/5lbs? And I'm 15 weeks along.

I've no idea if that's good or not! I actually lost 2 stone before I got pregnant so it's actually pretty upsetting to be given a 'diet' during pregnancy.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • dinky_dragon
    Options
    I put on a stone in my first twelve weeks of pregnancy :D I know its not big and its not clever. I was on appetite stimulating steroids at the time, I once woke up halfway through eating a banana..

I actually have lost weight recently, goodness knows what my BMI is but my stretch marks are telling me I need to slow down on the old face stuffin'.

Sometimes only a Big Mac will do though!!
    :p Proud Mummy to Ruby :p
    born 02/01/09 5lb 2
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2016 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Gosh, I dread to think what they'll tell me - I could do with losing a good 3 or 4 stones and I'm only 5ft 3 inches tall so more like a weeble - with a nice low centre of gravity so I don't fall down! :rotfl:

Had my MW appt this morning - she's so lovely. Checked my BP and that's looking good, 131/74 so better than it has been. She listened in to baby using her doppler and found the heartbeat then promptly said "ooh, baby just kicked" - I didn't feel thing. Heartbeat nice and strong at around 150bpm plus we could hear the pulse of the placenta too.

Not seeing her again until early April so next appt is 20 week scan on 29th Feb. Honestly still can't believe we've got this far - still doesn't feel quite real.

Itching still really bad - MW called GP in and between them, they think it might just be a pregnancy rash so for now, have given me Cetroban ointment to apply liberally but it's not helped yet and itching is as bad as ever if not worse. Have got an appt to see GP in 2 weeks to see how I'm getting on but if it gets worse (and I think it will unfortunately), I'm to reschedule it to a sooner date and time.

I really am lucky with my care at the GP surgery and hospital - can't complain one bit!
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family