12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Thanks money, I will try and prepare myself for it anyway I really do have the worst irrational phobia of needles... so embarrassing!!!

tata- it may well be that you are rushing around, put your feet up for a bit, try and chill out and sip on that water, hopefully it will pass soon.
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Had a banging headache all weekend, that I just can't shift, so have called the surgery this morning and the midwife wants to take my blood pressure so am heading in at 10.20am today.

I freaking hate headaches!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Gelly123
    Gelly123 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Euronorris - I've got a thing about people with headaches - always worth checking them out rather than leaving them so hope it goes well.

I've also got a Doctors appt this morning at 10.30 as this itching is getting worse. I'm also now covered in bruises from scratching so badly and look like a domestic abuse victim. Hubby got all upset this morning when he saw the state of me so I really have to do something about it.

Also, still throwing up - am hoping it's still a good sign but I am finding it hard work!
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Euronorris - I've had two migraines since being pregnant, never had them before. I have had tension headaches occasionally before but not now I'm pregnant! I've got headache now but also have scratchy throat and runny nose so it's a cold I think.

Gelly - hope Dr can sort the itching for you.

I've been so busy last few days, went to Newcastle for 3 days and then Oxford for the weekend! Long treks from South Wales! I'm tired, but have today off. Pregnancy wise I'm not having symptoms, except tiredness and round ligament pain. But I do just feel fat and unglamorous! OH says I look beautiful but I'm not feeling it. I'm getting too big for my clothes but not quite ready for maternity stuff. We bought some baby stuff in Oxford, from the Asda sale, a high chair,steriliser and nappy packs.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Gelly123
    Options
    Back from seeing the GP. She's concerned mainly about the bruising more than the itching and is going to get in touch with my consultant straight after morning surgery as she's worried it might be a blood clotting/platelet issue. She can't give me anything at all due to the APS and pregnancy.

GP also suggested I get in touch with the EPU tomorrow to see if there's anything they help with.

Hope to hear something soon but she suggested it might not be before Wednesday.

Was surprised I wasn't sent for a blood test but I guess the consultant will guide the GP and we'll go from there.

Euronorris - I've had a few headaches during pregnancy and really don't suffer with them normally but am aware that you can get them so not too worried but if they are that painful, you should see somebody.
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Good to hear your getting sorted Gelly!

Had an irrational moment of hormonal tears the last night, one of my friends made a flippant remark about me not working so pregnancy shouldn't be hard work for me.. She's having a tough time at the moment and it's a bit unlike her to say something like that so I'm trying to let it go!

Checking out the baby events myself - not bothering buying things like breast pump until I actually know I can breast feed.. Seems the logical thing to do, shops aren't far from my house so it shouldn't be a problem.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    How are you feeling euronorris? I have never had a migraine of any type before but had two or three silent migraines (no head pain, just double vision and psychedelic movements at the corner of my eyes) last time I was pregnant. Scary but they come almost immediately and go just as quickly after about 15-20 minutes. Horrible things! Hope your blood pressure is OK.

Gelly - glad they are keeping an eye on you.

I'm heading in myself today to GP, feel quite breathless and very tired. I suspect I might be anaemic again.

Next scan this week, nervous and excited! Starting to feel a bit more real now!!
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Gelly, I had low platelet count when I was younger and your symptoms sounds similar. Lots of itching and red dots/bruising on my body. Mostly around my hips and thighs. They were worried I still had it but there has been no mention of it since my booking in appointment.

AFM, not much is happening although I have a lot of pain just below my shoulder blade on my left. I think it is the way I am sleeping which I am not because it is already uncomfy. Back at work today after a week off. I have 22 days to take between now and 30th May when I plan to start maternity leave. I'm hardly going to be at work for the next few months! Yipee.
  • Gelly123
    Options
    Ooh thanks Toots - the itching is unbearable, I've never known anything like it and am scratching so hard, I'm bleeding! It does seem to be worse on my legs but it's on my arms and has spread to my body too - although thankfully my face isn't affected - yet!

GP called and wants me to go for blood tests but it won't let her print the blood forms because of the meds I'm on so she told me to call EPU today.

Have spoken to EPU and they've called me in to see the Doctor at 4pm so at work for another 30 mins then leaving to head home, get my notes and head to the hospital.

Will keep you posted.
    Gelly
    x
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    Options
    Gelly, hope all goes well at the hospital and you get an answer as to what the itching/bruising could be.

Euronorris, I've noticed in the last week or so an increase in headaches on/off. Doesn't help that i'm stuck on a computer for 8 hours a day in work. I can't work out if it's a headache or sinus pain today though, and other times, I question lack of caffeine as I'll have a cup of tea/coffee then not have one for a day or two.

Hope they ease up for you soon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure