Ovo Energy Switching Problems

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorted-logged into the beta account site instead and that accepts meter readings just fine.
    https://beta.ovoenergy.com/login
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • yvonne13_2
    yvonne13_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    weyboat wrote: »
    I have waited several weeks for my welcome pack, Nothing!
    I have emailed Ovo asking them to send one, No Response!
    I have telephoned the help line only to wait endlessly listening to music with no indication of how long the queue is! Never got through to speak to anyone!!

I have only ever received 3 emails from them,
    Ist on 6th March 2014 stating that they are sending a welcome pack?
    2nd on 25th March stating they are setting up my direct debits
    3rd on 1st April (today) asking for meter readings.

If this is an example of the customer service I can expect from Ovo then I am rejecting them!
    I have now cancelled the direct debit.
    I am very unhappy that Money Saving Expert recommended them to me, Thanks a Bunch!

Ditto. I've had the same issue with them which is still on going. So basically I paying them and EDF for my gas because OVO's transfer team forgot to apply for my dual fuel (Gas) ....... I 've raised x amount of complaints with both suppliers so now I'm going to the ombudsman because neither supplier wants to take responsibility for them before failing me as a customer. :mad:
    It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t. :EasterBun
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Do Ovo email you when meter readings are required before a switch?

Yes they do. I was emailed about 3 days before the switch date.
    I'm due to switch on 28/4 and nothing received yet. I logged in to my account and was then asked to click on the 'Submit' button to enter meter reads. This produces nothing but a big black box. Tried with 3 different browsers and still no way to submit readings.

I waited till I had the email before pressing the Submit button which had appeared a few days before the email. Perhaps wait until the email and try again?
    I can of course email the readings, but less than impressed with Ovo's website functionality. Anyone else had this problem please?

Once your account is properly opened with Ovo, your MyOvo will change and become fully functional. There is no issue with entering meter readings then.
  • J45
    J45 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Well I initiated the switch on the 4th of February and the transfer got rejected because my old supplier wanted £5 to be paid. Anyway that got paid and I emailed ovo energy and they said they would automatically restart the transfer. It is now the 24th of April and I rang my old supplier and they say they haven't had any contact from ovo over the transfer since the rejection.

Seriously unhappy about this and now I have to pay my old supplier a huge bill which was on a crappy tariff (whole reason for switching).

Ovo had best sort this mess out fast!!!!!!!!!
  • OVO_Energy
    OVO_Energy Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Yes, we do send an opening meter reading email and we ask for the opening meter reading/s to be taken 5-days either side of your start date.

Once we've received the opening readings they pass through a validation process between the two energy suppliers and a third party. This ensures that the readings are in line with any historical consumption records for the property in question (This prevents you from paying more then you need to!)

This process is an industry regulated procedure followed by all energy suppliers which can take up to six weeks. As soon as we have received a confirmed meter reading the gas/electric supply will show on your online My Ovo account.

Because gas and electricity are controlled by different industries we receive the confirmed meter reading/s at different times. This could explain why only one energy supply might be showing on your My Ovo account when you join Ovo.

We hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any questions for us.

All the best –Ovo
    Official Company Representative
    I'm a verified Ovo Energy representative. MSE has given me permission to reply to questions about the company, to help solve issues. (Check I'm on the verified companies list). I'm not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I have please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • OVO_Energy
    Options
    J45 wrote: »
    Well I initiated the switch on the 4th of February and the transfer got rejected because my old supplier wanted £5 to be paid. Anyway that got paid and I emailed ovo energy and they said they would automatically restart the transfer. It is now the 24th of April and I rang my old supplier and they say they haven't had any contact from ovo over the transfer since the rejection.

Seriously unhappy about this and now I have to pay my old supplier a huge bill which was on a crappy tariff (whole reason for switching).

Ovo had best sort this mess out fast!!!!!!!!!

Hi J45

Really sorry to hear about this :(

We would really like to help you clear this up. If you would like us to look into this please could you fill in this form http://www.ovoenergy.com/help-info/complaint/ with your account number and a member of our team will be in contact.

Thanks - Ovo
    I'm a verified Ovo Energy representative. MSE has given me permission to reply to questions about the company, to help solve issues. (Check I'm on the verified companies list). I'm not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I have please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FAO Ovo Rep

Hi, my fix with EDF finishes on the 30th, I am looking at swapping to the OVO cheaper energy fix, I have economy 7 but only use around 12 - 15% on the late night element! there fore looking at possibly moving to the single rate! I have a dual meter, but this gives a total of the two readings, therefore would there be a problem in swap and not having to go through a process of changing the meter ?

Bump. ????
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 April 2014 at 12:07PM
    Options
    Bump. ????

EDF will change your meter for free is you ask :)

No early exit fees with EDF either, so don't tell them you plan to switch to Ovo - just tell them you want a single rate tariff off them as it will be cheaper for you, wait til they have changed the meter for you, then switch supplier :)

No worries in the future then either, as only a very few companies (usually the big ones, but not all of them e.g. EDF & SP won't) will supply you on a single rate tariff if you have a dual rate meter.
    Many suppliers will charge you to change the meter (usually the smaller ones, but SP do) ... so why not take advantage whilst you can? :)
  • OVO_Energy
    Options
    Hi Happy Chappy,

If you wanted be charged to a standard rate the meter would need to be exchanged first. We do charge for a meter exchange (unless faulty) so it might be more cost effective for you if you check with your current supplier first.

Hope this helps :)

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks- Ovo
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...same for me with OVO switch date of 30th April - wonder what would happen if I tried to input updated meter reads on the EDF site -still seems to be allowed??
    I suspect the system would throw a wobbly and halt the transfer so I won't risk it:rotfl:
    Thinking about it,I wonder if EDF will try to put us on a standard tariff from their imaginary closure date, producing estimated readings to close the Blue price promise account -I'll be well p****ed off if they do!!!

Macman/Brewerdave, how are your switches away from EDF going? My account is supposed to transfer across today and I supplied meter readings to new supplier on Friday as requested. Account with new supplier not live as yet, but logging on to EDF account today, it no longer states contract ended, but has reverted back to the view I had when the account was "LIVE", and I still have the ability to submit meter Reads very odd. Hope I get a final bill soon, they owe me £100 based on final readings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure