Ovo Energy Switching Problems

Options
weyboat
weyboat Posts: 6 Forumite
I have waited several weeks for my welcome pack, Nothing!
I have emailed Ovo asking them to send one, No Response!
I have telephoned the help line only to wait endlessly listening to music with no indication of how long the queue is! Never got through to speak to anyone!!

I have only ever received 3 emails from them,
Ist on 6th March 2014 stating that they are sending a welcome pack?
2nd on 25th March stating they are setting up my direct debits
3rd on 1st April (today) asking for meter readings.

If this is an example of the customer service I can expect from Ovo then I am rejecting them!
I have now cancelled the direct debit.
I am very unhappy that Money Saving Expert recommended them to me, Thanks a Bunch!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cancelled DD
    Who is now supplying your fuel??

Does it revert to standard expensive tariff as you have broken the contract .

In what way does your welcome pack give you grounds to break a contract if it exists . If contract has yet to start then you will be on your old suppliers expensive tarrif .
  • Bluebirdman_of_Alcathays
    Options
    weyboat wrote: »
    I am very unhappy that Money Saving Expert recommended them to me, Thanks a Bunch!

Did they? I thought this site was impartial!
  • Alt
    Alt Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Are you waiting for a welcome pack by post? I think everything sent is via email.

Also I just now had to call them to sort something out and the phone was answered in about 10 seconds.

Alt
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Problem is cancelled DD may be seen as breaking the contract and result in a black mark on the OPs credit file .
    Plus where is the fuel now supplied from and at what cost as the old supplier account is presumably closed possibly leading to very high costs as it will all be shoved on a very expensive standard tariff .
    OP would have done better to ask on the forum before closing DD and then just posting a rant .
  • weyboat
    Options
    The number I called was 0800 5999 440, try it yourself!
  • weyboat
    Options
    Did they? I thought this site was impartial!
    I went through the Money Saving Experts "Cheap Energy Club" here is a quote from the email I received from MSE,
    "Your application to switch your energy supply to Ovo Energy Cheaper Energy Fixed is now in process. We reckon you'll be paying £ 230.44 per year less than if you'd not switched. Please note: we're finding firms are taking much longer than usual to send out welcome packs due to the high numbers of people switching."
  • weyboat
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Cancelled DD
    Who is now supplying your fuel??

Does it revert to standard expensive tariff as you have broken the contract .

In what way does your welcome pack give you grounds to break a contract if it exists . If contract has yet to start then you will be on your old suppliers expensive tarrif .
    I am still with my old supplier as the date to transfer is not for another week.
  • Alt
    Alt Posts: 353 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2014 at 12:22PM
    Options
    The number I called was 0800 5999 440, try it yourself!
    Just now did again (Option 1 for current customers) and the wait was 15 seconds max. have you tried it today?

edited to say I asked to talk to the advisor I was talking to 30 minutes before and as she was on another call asked for her to call me. Just now had the callback 20 minutes later.
  • Bluebirdman_of_Alcathays
    Options
    I went through the Money Saving Experts "Cheap Energy Club" here is a quote from the email I received from MSE,
    "Your application to switch your energy supply to Ovo Energy Cheaper Energy Fixed is now in process. We reckon you'll be paying £ 230.44 per year less than if you'd not switched. Please note: we're finding firms are taking much longer than usual to send out welcome packs due to the high numbers of people switching."

The CEC is a price comparison service, just like uSwitch, energyhelpline or Compare the small mongoose. They show all companies, and I think you'd be hard pressed to claim that MSE have "recommended" anything.

Indeed they themselves say:
    "I had a terrible experience with '123 Energy', why do you include it?
    We think it would be remiss of us not to tell you about the cheapest tariffs and few companies have flawless feedback histories. However, if a supplier has had a disproportionate amount of feedback, we'll alert you. And please use our feedback threads in the results table so others can read about your experiences - good or bad"

You've long gone past the cooling off period; the switch will still take place. By cancelling the DD I assume you'll end up on Standard Tariff, and lose any cashback you may have been entitled to.
  • OVO_Energy
    OVO_Energy Posts: 60 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I have waited several weeks for my welcome pack, Nothing!
    I have emailed Ovo asking them to send one, No Response!
    I have telephoned the help line only to wait endlessly listening to music with no indication of how long the queue is! Never got through to speak to anyone!!

I have only ever received 3 emails from them,
    Ist on 6th March 2014 stating that they are sending a welcome pack?
    2nd on 25th March stating they are setting up my direct debits
    3rd on 1st April (today) asking for meter readings.

If this is an example of the customer service I can expect from Ovo then I am rejecting them!
    I have now cancelled the direct debit.

Hi Weyboat,

Firstly we are really sorry to hear that you are unhappy. We are sorry to hear that you received this level of service from us, this is not how we usually work.

We would like to clear this up for you and get you back on the right track asap. Can you reply to us with you account number? Once we have this we can give you a call. If you prefer you can call us on the number found on our website - https://www.ovoenergy.com

Thanks, Ovo
    Official Company Representative
    I'm a verified Ovo Energy representative. MSE has given me permission to reply to questions about the company, to help solve issues. (Check I'm on the verified companies list). I'm not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I have please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure