Options

Comments

• 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2014 at 11:49AM
    Options
    violetta wrote: »
    I read in another thread that as long as EDF are told of the transfer to an alternative supplier prior to 30th April (the last day of the Blue Price Promise April 2014), you will be kept on the Blue Price Promise April 2014 prices until the changeover happens. EDF apparently confirmed this and I am hoping it is true.

Becoming common with several suppliers now I think. Similar situation with npower - "your tarrif is ending soon" letter from them states that if they receive a request to transfer from the new supplier within 20 working days AFTER the tarriff ends then there will be no price increase until the changeover. So slightly different (they give you more time), but still designed to "bridge the gap" as it were.
  • Hammer_Time
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...same for me with OVO switch date of 30th April - wonder what would happen if I tried to input updated meter reads on the EDF site -still seems to be allowed??
    I suspect the system would throw a wobbly and halt the transfer so I won't risk it:rotfl:
    Thinking about it,I wonder if EDF will try to put us on a standard tariff from their imaginary closure date, producing estimated readings to close the Blue price promise account -I'll be well p****ed off if they do!!!
    I have put in meter reading and they know I am moving to OVO soon, however there was a new bill with blue prices!!!
    2010 Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wonder if Ovo hold the current price during a switch because there could be quite a few people scrambling to switch once their tariff ends in twelve months time.
    Maybe the Ovo rep could let us know.

Seeing the likes of Npower letting you keep the tariff when switching probably means the regulator has made them do it!
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    M271 wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion on the OVO site regarding my account.
    The switch took place on 02/04/14 and I gave my meter readings when the switching wiggly time line told me to (28/03/14) and also gave readings when I received email telling me to on 31/03/14 via beta site link on email. Both times it asked me for Gas and Electric readings.
    However when I now log onto the my account link it is saying that I have not submitted meter readings yet and also on some other screens only shows my Gas account and indicates that I do not have an electricity account with them. Even though the payment for both fuels has been direct debited.
    I'll submit some more readings and see what happens.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Yes exactly the same with me.

Gas account showed up quicker than electricity but it showed about 10 days afterwards. Seems it's down to how quickly each reading is validated.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,400 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    Hi Jem16, I`ve checked topcashback but can`t find Ovo on there.
    Who did you go through because when I tried Energylinx via TCB it wouldn`t allow me to switch to Ovo.

It was through Energylinx.
    2010 Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    It was through Energylinx.

Not available now by the looks of it.
    It does show Ovo but doesn`t allow you to switch.
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have put in meter reading and they know I am moving to OVO soon, however there was a new bill with blue prices!!!

I did that with my recent switch to First Utility and a few days later EDF reversed the bill and my previous balance was shown in full again. It did not change until the new supplier gave EDF the reading themselves.
  • Hammer_Time
    Hammer_Time Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    millie wrote: »
    I did that with my recent switch to First Utility and a few days later EDF reversed the bill and my previous balance was shown in full again. It did not change until the new supplier gave EDF the reading themselves.
    What I did not make clear was, this is not my final reading, only the reading to see if I was still being charged blue prices. I don't transfer to the 07/05/14.
  • want_to_save
    Options
    hi i joined OVO, switch went through with effect from 2nd April. First ddm gone through but my old company edf not supplied final bill do you know how long this will take
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Final billing can be anything from 4 to 6 weeks after the switch date. Your two weeks would be optimistic.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport