Ovo Energy Switching Problems

Options

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Final billing can be anything from 4 to 6 weeks after the switch date. Your two weeks would be optimistic.

My final bill from E.On was produced 12 days after my switch date.
  • page3
    page3 Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2014 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Final billing can be anything from 4 to 6 weeks after the switch date. Your two weeks would be optimistic.

Especially for EDF!

My switch was on 2nd April and no final bill from EDF yet, or full online account from OVO. Not really expecting anything until May.

Paid the April DD to EDF (even though switch had occurred) and also first months DD to OVO. I wonder, if I've not received my final EDF bill by the end of April do I pay yet another DD to EDF or cancel it? I'm already £450 in credit and expecting my outstanding bill to be around that amount.
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FAO Ovo Rep

Hi, my fix with EDF finishes on the 30th, I am looking at swapping to the OVO cheaper energy fix, I have economy 7 but only use around 12 - 15% on the late night element! there fore looking at possibly moving to the single rate! I have a dual meter, but this gives a total of the two readings, therefore would there be a problem in swap and not having to go through a process of changing the meter ?
  • Airframe
    Airframe Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Also switching from EDF to OVO and very disappointed so far. OVO have already taken the first DD and the second DD payment is due soon. Although EDF acknowledged I was leaving, the account is still live, I have not had any final bills and DD payments are still being taken. Come on OVO, this is unacceptable!
  • jem16
    Options
    Airframe wrote: »
    Also switching from EDF to OVO and very disappointed so far. OVO have already taken the first DD and the second DD payment is due soon. Although EDF acknowledged I was leaving, the account is still live, I have not had any final bills and DD payments are still being taken. Come on OVO, this is unacceptable!

What makes you think it's Ovo's fault? They won't have anything to do with EDF's final bill.

From what others have said, EDF don't produce a final bill very quickly.

What does your Ovo account show online?
  • Airframe
    Airframe Posts: 40 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2014 at 8:54AM
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    What makes you think it's Ovo's fault? They won't have anything to do with EDF's final bill.

From what others have said, EDF don't produce a final bill very quickly.

What does your Ovo account show online?

OVO have everything to do with the EDF final bill, since they will provide the meter readings to them in line with normal industry practice.

My OVO account shows the registration page which states they have now taken over my account.

Update: EDF confirmed they have not received meter readings yet, OVO say they are waiting for my readings to be validated. I have switched energy suppliers numerous times over the years and never known the switch/validation process take so long.
  • Hammer_Time
    Hammer_Time Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 April 2014 at 11:42AM
    Options
    FAO OVO Rep.

My son in law and I initiated switching from EDF to OVO on the same date, we have both received letters giving us the date of the switch (7th May), his EDF account (on web site) shows that the account will close, mine still doesn't 10 days later. Should I contact OVO?
    Update. I phoned EDF and they said they have been notifed by OVO, so hopefully it should go through okay.
  • jem16
    Options
    Airframe wrote: »
    OVO have everything to do with the EDF final bill, since they will provide the meter readings to them in line with normal industry practice.

Yes, which OVO probably have done. However they need to be validated and then used by both EDF and Ovo.
    My OVO account shows the registration page which states they have now taken over my account.

If all you are seeing is the Registration page, then Ovo have not opened your account yet either. Once your account is opened you will see the page change and you'll see details of both gas and electricity eventually.
    Update: EDF confirmed they have not received meter readings yet, OVO say they are waiting for my readings to be validated. I have switched energy suppliers numerous times over the years and never known the switch/validation process take so long.

I doubt it's Ovo holding it up. My gas account appeared around 5 days after the switch date and around 8 days after my initial readings. Electricity took another 8 days after the gas.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do Ovo email you when meter readings are required before a switch? I'm due to switch on 28/4 and nothing received yet. I logged in to my account and was then asked to click on the 'Submit' button to enter meter reads. This produces nothing but a big black box. Tried with 3 different browsers and still no way to submit readings. I can of course email the readings, but less than impressed with Ovo's website functionality. Anyone else had this problem please?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 23 April 2014 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Do Ovo email you when meter readings are required before a switch? I'm due to switch on 28/4 and nothing received yet. I logged in to my account and was then asked to click on the 'Submit' button to enter meter reads. This produces nothing but a big black box. Tried with 3 different browsers and still no way to submit readings. I can of course email the readings, but less than impressed with Ovo's website functionality. Anyone else had this problem please?
    No.

When switching supplier the usual process is that the new supplier is responsible to tell the old supplier the meter readings at time of switch.

Oh, sorry - I guess you are switching to Ovo? :o
    Well they used to send an email. They needed a reading taken within 5 days either side of the intended switching date(s)

The email they sent me allowed me to submit meter readings online via a special webpage, or by calling them on an 0800 number - I see a geographic alternative number is now provided on their website if you prefer.
    (weblink no longer works - but that was from a couple of years back)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure