Universities and the myths

Options

Comments

• studentphil
    studentphil Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Options
    I and others have advised him of this many times before, but he just won't take the advice

I have told numerous medical people how I feel and they say what am I going to do about it(I have a lot going for me compared to many people they work with) and I say what I think I should do, I do it, and it still comes back in the end to feeling disappointed as it does not work.
    :beer:
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See thats where you're going wrong - you're waiting for these oppertunities to come to you. You need to be proactive - firstly by sorting your head out or you won't keep a decent job.

As for needing a degree, a very close friend of mine dropped out in his second year and has dropout (probably worse than failure) stamped all across his CV. He has just been promoted to Manager in his company, pay is over £100k and this month his take home is going to be over £7k, all with no degree. How does that sound to you? You like the idea of that? Bit of graft and good rewards - well sort yourself out and it can happen.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have told numerous medical people how I feel and they say what am I going to do about it(I have a lot going for me compared to many people they work with) and I say what I think I should do, I do it, and it still comes back in the end to feeling disappointed as it does not work.

Who do you mean my medical people and is this in a formal setting or a casual off the cuff chat?

You NEED to go to a Doctor and get yourself some counciling/a support group.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I bet Gordon Ramsey would tell you where to get off with a few choice words SP...you have just implied that people working in a restaurant or as a cleaner have no self respect.

You have no self respect posting complete rubbish on a website when you should be out looking for a job. Lots of opportunities for people who go looking for them not so many for people who wait for a job to come looking for them. None of my employers have ever knocked on my door on the offchance that I might want to lower myself to work for them.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Need_More_Money_2
    Options
    Bit of graft and good rewards -.

There's the problem, I think he wants the second bit without the first bit.
  • studentphil
    Options
    have you not learnt from previous threads where you have insulted lots of people by saying how you would not lower yourself to doing the jobs that they do?! seriously - you'll get no sympathy with that attitude

Working in a cafe or as a street cleaner would not make me happy in fact it would make me feel even more that I have wasted my opportunties in life. That is not the same as saying they are bad jobs, just that they would not fulfill me to make me happy.
  • studentphil
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    I bet Gordon Ramsey would tell you where to get off with a few choice words SP...you have just implied that people working in a restaurant or as a cleaner have no self respect.

You have no self respect posting complete rubbish on a website when you should be out looking for a job. Lots of opportunities for people who go looking for them not so many for people who wait for a job to come looking for them. None of my employers have ever knocked on my door on the offchance that I might want to lower myself to work for them.

I have applied for every job that I have seen that I can get to and that I think I would be any good at. I have tried looking for a job and I still am searching. So I just don't know why you think I am not looking for a job.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Working in a cafe or as a street cleaner would not make me happy in fact it would make me feel even more that I have wasted my opportunties in life. That is not the same as saying they are bad jobs, just that they would not fulfill me to make me happy.

Until you've tried it you won't know and tbh atm nothing is going to make you happy as you are just going round and round inside your head. A job with no responsibilities, working outside etc is some peoples dream job and infact if the money was amazing I might be tempted.
  • studentphil
    Options
    There's the problem, I think he wants the second bit without the first bit.

the day to day things you do without second thought are a bit harder for me and so I graft if not harder than most to be alive.
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    Bloody hell Phil - 3 pages ago it was a 2:1, has so much changed in the last hour or so that I am now unemployable and a drunk?

Surely you must've resorted to drinking by now after reading Phil's drivel all afternoon? :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure