Universities and the myths

Options

Comments

• studentphil
    studentphil Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Options
    ok shows that you don't understand logic, because someone had a bad grade != they are thick, because someone had a bad grade != they didn't work hard. The two parts of the statement rely on each other.

you have to take all parts of the argument ie

you are saying 1 + 1 = 2 oh I can take the first part 1 = 2

shows that you do not (contrary to your beliefs) have a sound grasp of the subject.

Considering I disagree with that. you can be thick and work hard and still get no where. So the two elements do not depend on each other for you to get a bad grade.
    :beer:
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just face reality that no one will want to employ a university failure who must be a drunk and will be completely useless as an employee because they can not get a first or let alone any degree and are a drunk at any rate. You call it self pity but it is the reality of the world that no one will want to employe me as a university failure and all I have left in life is to remember when I was once successful.

Bloody hell Phil - 3 pages ago it was a 2:1, has so much changed in the last hour or so that I am now unemployable and a drunk?

As someone once said The world still needs streetsweepers (or was that cleaners etc).

Stop wallowing, get some help and get a job and work your way up.
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    I just face reality that no one will want to employ a university failure who must be a drunk and will be completely useless as an employee because they can not get a first or let alone any degree and are a drunk at any rate. You call it self pity but it is the reality of the world that no one will want to employe me as a university failure and all I have left in life is to remember when I was once successful.

Even if someone did employ you they'd sack you two weeks later for your constant excuses and depressing mood around the office.
  • aurora_borealis_2
    aurora_borealis_2 Posts: 13,477 Forumite
    Options
    When do you get your results???
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • studentphil
    Options
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    :wall: Your choice I suppose but I wonder how all the people who don't get the chance to go to uni manage to find a job :rolleyes: I understand it's more than 50% of people who leave school currently. There must be a lot of angry young people about just waiting to die:eek: fortunately I know this isn't true;)

SP you are typing complete poop here get real go and get a job any job and see what life brings instead of worrying that everyone is judging you. Most people are not even remotely interested in you or your degree grade and most employers just want someone who is willing to work and put some effort into doing a good job

Okay, you miss the point though that once I am a university failure in a few weeks that no one will employ me because my CV will have UNIVERSITY FAILURE all over it. So every employer will never never interview me as they judge me a failure from the start. That is slightly different from never doing a degree and so you have not failed as you have not attempted. But I will be classed a failure by every employer no matter for what ever job I try for.
  • Blacksheep1979
    Blacksheep1979 Posts: 4,224 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Considering I disagree with that. you can be thick and work hard and still get no where. So the two elements do not depend on each other for you to get a bad grade.

yes but they were talking about getting a good grade and the possibilities were work hard or be clever doesn't mean that if you get a good grade you are clever or that if you get a good grade you worked hard.

But finally you are realising that you can have worked and not got a good grade - the other part of this equation is that you are not that clever.
  • studentphil
    Options
    When do you get your results???

About another week's time
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly moaning is all I have left in life. I will not pass my degree or I will ever get a job so really all I have left in life is to be angry and to just wait to die. I have no choice as I have no opportunities in life anymore. Okay, you have had it hard and you have come far.

STOP IT !!!!!!!!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay, you miss the point though that once I am a university failure in a few weeks that no one will employ me because my CV will have UNIVERSITY FAILURE all over it. So every employer will never never interview me as they judge me a failure from the start. That is slightly different from never doing a degree and so you have not failed as you have not attempted. But I will be classed a failure by every employer no matter for what ever job I try for.

Yeah right.

Most jobs in retail, warehouses, bars etc etc etc are just happy to get someone who can speak proper english these days.

....and if you're going to fail your degree, just *resit* the final year once your "problems" have finished and then you'll only have lost 1 year instead of 3 on the CV.
  • studentphil
    Options
    yes but they were talking about getting a good grade and the possibilities were work hard or be clever doesn't mean that if you get a good grade you are clever or that if you get a good grade you worked hard.

But finally you are realising that you can have worked and not got a good grade - the other part of this equation is that you are not that clever.

I dont accept that I am useless and stupid which is the clear thing you are pushing me to accept.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport