🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Have i been scammed?? Raspberry Ketone Fresh

Options

Comments

• shiroihana
    Options
    Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to fall for it. Normally I'm so good with this kind of thing but was feeling desperate at the time. Just had my first child a few months ago and not feeling good about my appearance. As a single mother, finding time or having the energy to work out/ eat right is a bit challenging. Heard Raspberry ketone had great reviews and thought "Hey, it's free samples. If it doesn't work at least I gave it a shot. For only having to pay the £4.95 p&p, why not give it a shot!?!?" How wrong was I????
    Immediately after conformation, I was contacted by my bank who wanted to check with me some recent purchases. When they mentioned that I had been charged £153 I was shocked and enraged! Bank said they couldn't cancel the transaction and would have to wait until they take the money before they can take action, which would be them raising a dispute with them.
    I've just emailed them a second time using an alternative email address from one of these threads which differed from the one provided in my email conformation.

I sincerely hope that they refund. I'm in no financial position to afford such expenses.
  • shiroihana wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to fall for it. Normally I'm so good with this kind of thing but was feeling desperate at the time. Just had my first child a few months ago and not feeling good about my appearance. As a single mother, finding time or having the energy to work out/ eat right is a bit challenging. Heard Raspberry ketone had great reviews and thought "Hey, it's free samples. If it doesn't work at least I gave it a shot. For only having to pay the £4.95 p&p, why not give it a shot!?!?" How wrong was I????
    Immediately after conformation, I was contacted by my bank who wanted to check with me some recent purchases. When they mentioned that I had been charged £153 I was shocked and enraged! Bank said they couldn't cancel the transaction and would have to wait until they take the money before they can take action, which would be them raising a dispute with them.
    I've just emailed them a second time using an alternative email address from one of these threads which differed from the one provided in my email conformation.

I sincerely hope that they refund. I'm in no financial position to afford such expenses.

The bank wont refund the money, as you authorised it when you signed up.

You need to follow the cancellation process on the company's website to the letter!
  • AbbyW89
    Options
    I recieved mine today when i collected them from the post office, i have been constantly trying to call the number since placing the order, but have had no luck in getting through to anybody, just a voicemail. Has anybody had any luck in sending them back and getting a refund? if so, do you have the address that you sent them back to? thank you
  • AbbyW89
    Options
    finally got through to someone at customer services and she's given me an RMA number so i can send it back and get a full refund. phew. lets hope this all goes ok
  • kim.ro18
    Options
    i think the only way people are going to get money back is to follow company rules,banks can't stop it( or at least mind coolant) because i agree to a "payment". I've called 08004046960 and they can't find me on the system, but are going to email me later. to return the items i called an american number, waited on the line as it only says american or canadian customers. and finally got to talk to someone. who let me return it. she said refund within 30 days. but ill call back the UK number and keep pestering them. they have the items back as i returned it and got a RMA number( make sure you get one) it goes back to linlitgow in Scotland so its not got far to go. its a PO box. but from my understanding as long a they have there item back they are contractually obligated to give you your money back.
  • Vikstar101
    Options
    I got scammed too, I was distraught as I can't afford that kind of money. The product has arrived and I have finally managed to get an RMA number to return the product. The first few times I called 0800 404 6960 it jus went to voicemail. I then called the American number who couldn't find my order and gave me the 0800 number to call again, strangely enough, someone answered this time. The woman kept trying to get me to wait for the 30 days n said on the 30th day I will receive the rebate form. I told her I didn't want the product at all and had to be very firm about this with her, she then said she would email it to me, which I refused and said I wanted it there and then over the phone as I had already emailed customer service and received no reply. She eventually gave me a number so fingers crossed I should get my money back! I will update with what happens as I will be posting it back first thing tomorrow morning. I think the key is when speaking to someone is stand your ground and don't let them push you to something you don't want.
    I hope this story helps and you all get your money back

Viki x
  • natalierae
    Options
    How long after did you get told you could have a refund. I ordered this morning before work and rang straight away to cancel, but no answer. I rang just now after reading this forum and got through but was told I couldn't have a refund because it had already been shipped but they would send me a refund code in email to send them back and get a refund then
  • LisaBailey123
    Options
    Hi I did the exact same. You have been scammed. It said it is a free trial but they charge you £150 for them. Go to your bank asap and you will get the money back.
    I had to do the exact same.
    Hope this helps.
  • Lilian555
    Lilian555 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 December 2013 at 12:02PM
    Options
    missesther wrote: »
    My mother used the raspberry ketones and ended up with a kidney infection. She thought it was unrelated (and it could still be I suppose) and had antibiotics from the doctor. It cleared up but (on everyone's advice to her!) she hasn't gone back and has remained kidney infection free. Looked it up online and there are others who have had issues with raspberry ketones. I would be VERY careful with them, there is no definitive evidence/research that it works.

I'm a bit suspicious of smith92 - newbie praising a product. Hmmm.

Oh and if you must must try them, you can buy them without subscription from Holland and Barrett.

I am suspicious of all the people that said they got through to someone on the number 0800 404 6960 and got their mobey back. The scammers come on here register and join in the discussion. The only number that goes through is some American no. Notice that the American numbers are different and many. This people are professional scammers. They are here too commenting. They are using so many different addresses. We seem to all have different addresses and different US numbers. I can't believe they have not being caught.
  • Purple21
    Options
    i have also been scammed and i didn't reasearch it first! I cant believe it!!

i have read all of the comments below and i wanted to ask if anybody has told the police?
    also has anybody for their money back from the company yet?

£150 they have taken today.

I'm so upset!

any help would be great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business