Have i been scammed?? Raspberry Ketone Fresh

Options

Comments

• missesther
    Options
    My mother used the raspberry ketones and ended up with a kidney infection. She thought it was unrelated (and it could still be I suppose) and had antibiotics from the doctor. It cleared up but (on everyone's advice to her!) she hasn't gone back and has remained kidney infection free. Looked it up online and there are others who have had issues with raspberry ketones. I would be VERY careful with them, there is no definitive evidence/research that it works.

I'm a bit suspicious of smith92 - newbie praising a product. Hmmm.

Oh and if you must must try them, you can buy them without subscription from Holland and Barrett.
    i before e, except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
  • Amiicrush
    Options
    Unfortunately i fell for this scam too!
    I was casually christmas shopping when i was declined!

It said nothing about paying extra, it was a free trial! I've emailed twice already and nothing thus far. Phoned but have to email or phone back.

Gutted!
    :(
  • 1976tom
    Options
    kim.ro18 wrote: »
    I hope this works :).

I called the bank who told me they can't do anything to help me, if i receive the product, as its "my own fault for buying it". seriously, shouldn't banks have a policy that if a payment has gone wrong and you tell them ,they can stop it. it would put all these scam business out of business!.

I can't called america, and was given a dif number, I've change my price plan so from tomorrow i will call them. i order 2 days ago, not got anything yet! so hope its enough time to get it back. I'm a sobbing mess about it all, i just feel so stupid and taken advantage of :(

Did this work?.......
  • 1976tom
    Options
    Amiicrush wrote: »
    Unfortunately i fell for this scam too!
    I was casually christmas shopping when i was declined!

It said nothing about paying extra, it was a free trial! I've emailed twice already and nothing thus far. Phoned but have to email or phone back.

Gutted!
    :(

snap!... let me know how you get on as visa has said i need to try to do refund myself after the terms and conditions are there clearly stated (wish i had read)... in limbo and wondered if all of these cases have actually been successful in getting refunded?
  • ahubbard
    Options
    well my wife got caught out and yes this is a scam and pops up on facebook, but have to say nationwide head office sorted it out and got payment back, and i was told they have had quite a few of these
  • Loonerj
    Options
    NadineRose wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether ot not i am the victim of a scam, yesterday (23/10/2013) i saw a facebook ad from 'Glamour Woman' talking of an offer for three bottles of Raspberry Ketone Fresh and only having to pay the P&P costing £4.95.

I took the bait, saw all the discounts and it said money to pay was the £4.95 stated so i paid the money on my debit card.

I then checked my bank account and realised they had taken just over £150.00 out of my account.

So i then went to check my email to make sure i had an email confirmation of my purchase which at the bottom said i can download a mail-in rebate form for the price fo the product 30 days after my purchase date

Has anybody else used this offer?

Do you think the rebate form is correct and i will get my money back??

PLEASE HELP!

I this happened to me today. Can't get hold of the company phone number and email adders not in use. £153.94 they have taken out of my bank and they only advertised it as £4.95! I can't believe I have been sucked into this scam!

I'm waiting for the bank to contact me to see if they can get it refunded.

Hope you get it refunded as well I had no email confirmation to even print off rebate form!

No confidence that will even receive it. Just been on glamour woman and they state they have never advertised it it's a fraud.
  • AbbyW89
    Options
    this happened to me too on wednesday :-( my card got declined, and was followed by a call from Lloyds Fraud line which was where i found out they'd tried to take £153.95. i thought nothing else of it apart from what the hell had happened, until this morning when i checked my bank and they'd taken that amount out!! i have called the number i've seen on this thread but it goes to an answer phone message so i'm going to try again tomorrow morning. I just don't understand why if my payment was declined, it's still gone through. Like others, my bank have been unable to do anything so far, but i've emailed the company twice now so will have to wait to see if i get a reply :-( i feel so stupid...
  • Shirleydonkey
    Options
    I have just fallen for this too. After reading your posts, I contacted Barclaycard within minutes of the transaction. I too was under the impression I was paying for the £4odd postage but had in fact been charged £153 odd. I told Barclaycard that this was a transaction that needed cancelling and that I was unsure of the source so I cancelled my card. They've said as the transaction is pending, they can't do anything for 2 days. I have to call on Tuesday to despite the payment and even then it's not guaranteed. Anyone ever had any luck with disputing?
  • Hopwoodc
    Options
    Hi all,

Its not a scam. It says free by rebate. In the past I have signed up to others like this where they take the money from your account, but if at any time you don't agree with the results you can send the item back and get a full refund.

Also check that there isnt a re-occuring installment, I had money taken from my account on the same day of every month previously and wasn't aware of this when I signed up.

In a sense its a scam to most people as they end up being enrolled in a membership they didn't want. It's true what they say, always read the small print.

Your banks can only look into this if you believe it is fraud. They cannot prevent the transactions from happening. And as you agreed to the terms and conditions, its not classed as fraud.

Check the small print now and contact the company's customer service line to cancel any enrolment if this applys.

Hope this helps
  • Hopwoodc
    Options
    If you want your money back, return the items immediately.

You can but raspberry ketones from holland and barrett, you don't have to spend hundreds on goods like this from websites that look the part.

There are a lot of fakes out there but highstreet shops won't be one of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure