🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Have i been scammed?? Raspberry Ketone Fresh

Options

Comments

• kim.ro18
    Options
    kjh2609 wrote: »
    Today I purchased the Raspberry Ketone Fresh product with the 90 day free trial for £4.95 from a link on Facebook. It is not a scam, however the small print was not very obvious to me.

I rang my bank to cancel my payment, but was told there was nothing they can do as the payment is in progress. I got put through to the disputes department and was told they had actually contacted the company themselves and was told that on their website it states that the mail-in rebate is only for US residents, and that UK residents are not entitled to the rebate.

Fortunately, my bank were able to give me the number which they used to contact the company, which is 888-222-4979 (to dial from a UK number dial 001 and then the number).

I was put through to an adviser and after trying to persuade me to keep the product with an added discount, they gave me all the details I needed in order to return the product as soon as I receive it. I was glad to find that they gave me a UK postal address so I don't have to send it back to the US.

With the address they gave me and ensuring I get the package tracked, they told me they can issue me with a refund as soon as they receive the package. Make sure you keep the tracking number in case of any problems.

Please make sure if you are a UK resident that you do not wait out the 30 days to try and claim back your money, it will not work. Do what I did and ring them for a refund asap.

I have not received my package yet, but will keep you updated with the outcome.

I hope this works :).

I called the bank who told me they can't do anything to help me, if i receive the product, as its "my own fault for buying it". seriously, shouldn't banks have a policy that if a payment has gone wrong and you tell them ,they can stop it. it would put all these scam business out of business!.

I can't called america, and was given a dif number, I've change my price plan so from tomorrow i will call them. i order 2 days ago, not got anything yet! so hope its enough time to get it back. I'm a sobbing mess about it all, i just feel so stupid and taken advantage of :(
  • Katie2406
    Options
    The same thing happened to me and after reading all the posts, I rung them.. When you call it only gives you the options for US or canada.. But just hold the line and then it will ask for your number and then will put you through!!

I spoke to a sales rep and basically said I didn't realise they would charge me the £150+ and would like to cancel and refund! she offered me 50% discount and I just asked her to cancel the order and refund! she did so and said it would take 3-5 working days and gave me a confirmation number.. She also said an email was sent but I haven't received one as of yet but all been well it will be back in my account by end of next week :A.

When I asked for the refund she did it straight away no fuss.. So fingers crossed !!!
  • shakira15
    Options
    I'm really worried as stupidly this morning I also fell for it. Again I rang my bank and they said that they couldn't stop the payment. I have to call them once the money has been taken out of my account and they will investigate.

I have no email confirming my order! How long did people wait for theirs? I will try the above number.

Really need the money back as I'm getting married in a matter of months. Really worried!

Any further ideas?
  • shakira15
    Options
    I rang the number above as I made the mistake this morning. I was told that I could cancel and that I would get my money back within 3-5 working days. Fingers crossed!!!
  • theforumking
    Options
    All of these weight loss pills and potions are a load of rubbish... Here is the best way to lose weight and for sure the toughest...

WORK HARD DOWN THE GYM - COMPLETE MENTAL FOCUS ON DIET
  • lab299
    Options
    I too stupidly bought these products. I ordered them last Tuesday and straight away I realised I was being charged £155+ rather than the £4.95 I thought it was. I tried every telephone number I could find but none worked and emailed them too but with no joy. They arrived last Friday and with them was a sheet of paper with my order information on and a telephone number I had not seen before. I tried it a few times but with no joy. Later on Friday (after getting a new envelope to post them back in) I tried the number again and someone answered. He explained that they have only just started selling in the UK and didn't realise their British website was not clear about the cost (not sure I believed him). I said that I wanted to return the products and get a refund and he said that was no problem. He gave me an address to send it back to and a returns number to identify my order and requested I get the package tracked and send them the tracking number. I did that straight away and emailed the tracking number to the address that emailed me the address to send the package to. He said I would be refunded within a week of them receiving the package. However, a few things worry me. Firstly, the address he gave me to send the package back to was different to the address on the envelope they arrived in as to where to return if undelivered. I have looked on some of these forums and many say that the address I have sent them to does not exist. Secondly, as the address is a PO Box, it is likely to go to a depot, and I'm worried they won't actually go to get my package, and then delay my refund. I desperately need this money back as soon as possible. Has anyone actually been successful in getting their money refunded and not simply a promise to a refund?
  • randerson95
    Options
    Hi. I think I fell for a similar scam that was a link on Facebook using a website called raspberryketonefresh?
    Anyway, I fear i may have fallen into the same trap and cleared my bank account as there was only £30 in it.
    However, I don't know if my purchase/free trial actually was processed because when i typed in my details etc the page said "error" and all this other stuff.
    I also didn't receive a confirmation email. Did this happen to all of yous who got scammed? or did yous get some confirmation that it actually worked? Worried :(
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    I cant believe people see an ad on facebook and think it legit and a bargain...then go looking to see if it is or not rather than before !!!

there is a massive post that this is a con
    a fool and his money....
  • Rosej
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing! Just rang up the number I received in the email (08004046960) and asked for a refund. He said he would process the refund for me and I should receive it in about 3 days I would recommend doing this and not waiting for the 30 to get a rebate. Hope this helps.
  • Rosej
    Options
    I just got my money back just call this number 08004046960 and ask for full refund it works. Make sure you call before it has been shipped though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport