PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Soup and hm bread today, am eating out so nothing out but think chicken something tomorrow.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OUT: Garlic mussels, 2 chicken legs defrosting for weekend
    IN: y.s. oxtail
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Plans changed, bought some ready to eat chips yesterday so some of them (other tomorrow with something else) and fried egg today. Nothing to go IN freezer today but bought some Mini Pork Hocks in box from Lid and they will keep in cold (fridge) until Feb 2020 and bought s b/nut squash and mushrooms. Other stuff bought was Xmas gifts.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Having a fish pie tonight so smoked haddock, white fish & salmon portion out from freezer.

Denise
  • Using fresh meat and veggies I bought yesterday along with the usual store cupboard stuff. Have half the chips I bought yesterday in fridge but will be OK for tomorrow with chicken from freezer and more mushrooms. The rerst of the mushrooms have been put into paper bags (grabbed some from Morries) and put in fridge, they will last at least a week in there, if I do not think I will use them, I will cook or slice and freeze some.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ended up not having the fish pie last night as I'd made to much biryani the night before so we had that instead.

Making the fish pie today.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    whmf00001 wrote: »
    Plans changed, bought some ready to eat chips yesterday so some of them (other tomorrow with something else) and fried egg today. Nothing to go IN freezer today but bought some Mini Pork Hocks in box from Lid and they will keep in cold (fridge) until Feb 2020 and bought s b/nut squash and mushrooms. Other stuff bought was Xmas gifts.

:eek::eek::eek::xmastree:First mention of Xmas Shopping :xmastree::eek::eek::eek:

:rotfl:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    IN:0
    OUT:2 slices of black pudding.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Well got to start the X gifts, have little of no idea of what to get so have to look around for months. Little children are not too bad but mine are children+spouses age 40's to 50's amd grandchildren from 15 to 30's even ggrandchild but I accosted some young mums with similar aged ones in Lid. and asked advice so sorted. Do not need to put stuff in freezer as get invited out for the big day but am looking for prawn ring as I like that and ate the last one a couple of months ago. Like to buy freezer and cupboard stuff that I like, just for me, so have been trying to use some items so I have roomfor the seasonal stuff. Got a bottle of Baileys in my "Brexit Box", making out its for if I cannot buy but really, hidden from me so I can have at the festive time.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    You are right of course whmf - it was just the first one I've seen and I thought, gulp!

I have actually now booked a venue for a Christmas shopping and coffee morning (this morning) and prepared a leaflet to let people order their homemade Christmas cakes and mince pies.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure