🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What's going on in this man's head?

Options

Comments

• ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dilemma10 wrote: »
    He has gone out tonight but he's been texting and asked me if I had a good night, I simply replied 'Not bad, been to see somebody" and he does not seem to have liked the response as he replied "Ok mate...etc", I just can't win?
    Oh gosh, you handled that with all the aplomb of a 14 year old. After that, if you have a relationship with him which goes anywhere, it will be a relationship appropriate to 14 year olds.

The upside of this is you know not to bother
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
  • Prothet_of_Doom
    Options
    I'm getting old, I must be. From a bloke's point of view:

Within weeks of meeting him, you were sleeping withhim. What fun is that ? Men love thechase, the thought that one day, maybe soon if we offer some solid long termcommitment then maybe it will happen.

With my wife we waited some years, and had made serious longterm commitments and promises (both emotional and financial) and we kneweverything about each other, both good and bad, survived a couple of breakups,before that happened. We had a joint bank account and a house beforewe had sex. We’ve been married 23 years,now, and I first asked her out 29 years ago. As a bloke, I probably wouldn’t have chosen to wait, but I’m glad wedid.

My solution for the OP is to just be friends, be polite, goout as friends occasionally, ask for his DIY help if you need it, offer to cooka meal in return (like friends do) but make it clear that you are onlyfriends. And look for romance elsewhere,but be a bit less impatient with the physical side,.

• VestanPance
    VestanPance Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    He broke up with his girlfriend not long before you started hanging out together. Chances are you're the rebound.

Simple as that, he's probably not looking for commitment and while he enjoys his time with you he's not looking or thinking long term. The fact he's said you both should 'stop' is most likely due to he has picked up that you are looking for something more from your time together than he is.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    He broke up with his girlfriend not long before you started hanging out together. Chances are you're the rebound.

Simple as that, he's probably not looking for commitment and while he enjoys his time with you he's not looking or thinking long term. The fact he's said you both should 'stop' is most likely due to he has picked up that you are looking for something more from your time together than he is.

This

He was in a ten year relationship- He is scared stiff of getting hurt again.
    Even if you are the right person -it's currently the wrong time.
    If you continue now odds are it'll fall apart as at this point you want different things............If you can stay friends (not f*ck buddies) then maybe later you will both be on the same page and can have a proper relationship.

Talk to him .... Tell him you feel the timing is wrong and why-and see what he says. (Assuming you DO want more and aren't just miffed cos he "shold" want more - even if you don't).
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    He's having his cake and eating it.

Tell him he either makes the cake official or he goes hungry.
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
  • bitemebankers
    bitemebankers Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Options

This, exactly. And he's right, of course. Rebound relationships almost never work out and if you did get serious with him, it would most likely end in tears. Why not just keep it light-hearted? Enjoy some good times together and the odd bonk? Or if you can't do that, walk away and keep your distance. In any case, the last thing you want is a relationship with this guy - that's what he's trying to tell you.
    "There may be a legal obligation to obey, but there will be no moral obligation to obey. When it comes to history, it will be the people who broke the law for freedom that will be remembered and honoured." --Rt. Hon. Tony Benn
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are being used . It's not nice what he is doing he is playing you. Get rid of him before he damages your self esteem.Good Luck op.
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's perfectly simple: the two of you want different things. He obviously likes and values you, but that is as far as it goes. Move on or get hurt.
  • neverdespairgirl
    Options
    I think it's really simple, and exactly what he's said, really - he likes you, enjoys spending time with you, and wants to have sex with you, but doesn't want to be committed in any way at all.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • glossgal
    glossgal Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    "He also admitted to crying when we did not talk for a week..."

Why has nobody picked up on this? Not only is it a) cobblers but b) pretty sinister and manipulative.

Run run run!!
    "I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself" -Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport