🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What's going on in this man's head?

Options

Comments

• Funky_Bold_Ribena
    Options
    *max* wrote: »
    Because he wants to get into your knickers.

...Because he only has to do it and he gets laid. Result!
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    dilemma10 wrote: »
    Why is this guy constantly texting me and initiating dinners and being so caring then? Argh?

because you are 'cosy' neighbour, when he gets 'another', don't feel too bad.
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dilemma10 wrote: »
    IWhat on earth do I do with him? Walk away...?
    Well, OK, stuff is going on in his head. But is that important for the moment?

What is going on in YOUR head? This is really important to know, otherwise the discussion will limp around on 1 leg.

Others have said you look like a friend with benefits, it looks like that is what you have with this guy too.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sorry OP but he's only after one thing.

Stop pondering over the sweet talk and admit it to yourself.

I don't mean to sound rude but I don't believe the old "I don't want a girlfriend right now" line, if a guy meets someone he likes enough, he will want them to be his girlfriend.

If you can handle this no strings thing then fair enough but I don't think you can, otherwise you wouldn't have posted.

Stop giving it up every time he invites you for dinner and find someone who will treat you like you deserve x
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    You're a f*** buddy. To be fair to the guy he's been honest that he doesn't want anything more, so give up trying to read more into everything he says and does. You'll just drive yourself mad doing that.
  • Toxicity
    Toxicity Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    If you're happy with how it is (truely happy, don't try and convince yourself you are) then enjoy.

However, if you want more from him and are not happy with the current 'arrangement' then you need to either be straight with him, tell him how you feel and ask for more, or walk away. The longer it goes on the worse it will be for you if/when it does end.
  • Bazey
    Bazey Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Options
    you're a good neighbour

Awesome neighbour by the sound of it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He misses the chase. He misses the sex and the female company but when push comes to shove he doesn't want commitment.

Distance yourself and when he comes running. Remind him that he wants the distance between you.
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Go on a date. His reaction will tell you whether this relationship is going to work or not.
    Pants
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He gets to have sex, companionship and fun but at the end of the day he doesn't like you enough to commit to you and he's told you that. One day he will drop you without a second thought and he won't think you have any reason to complain as he clearly told you he didn't want a relationship. If you're okay with that then great, but don't become emotionally invested in him.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family