Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Caz,

IMHO the difference in opinion is just that.

Depending on the question, just like you and I, we sometimes have a slight difference of opinion due to the fact that the regs are not always 'black and white'.

I would always err towards Botts opinion tho, due to the volume of litigation they have been involved with over the years. If they believe in a certain reasoning they are usually prepared to back it all the way, plus they have a good track record.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • curlycat_2
    Options
    Sent in a complaint about a 6 hour delay on a BA flight, actually 2 BA flights booked together as 1, but as the 2 hour delay on the first meant I missed the connection so it would have been over 6 hours if I'd waited for a later connection.
    I have written to them requesting compensation but they have not even responded to me.
    What is my next step?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I thought EUclaim was Bott & Co
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    curlycat wrote: »
    Sent in a complaint about a 6 hour delay on a BA flight, actually 2 BA flights booked together as 1, but as the 2 hour delay on the first meant I missed the connection so it would have been over 6 hours if I'd waited for a later connection.
    I have written to them requesting compensation but they have not even responded to me.
    What is my next step?

All covered in Vauban's guide...probably NBA then court (assuming the first delay was within the airline's control)
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have also placed on easyJet thread but may be of interest if you have been delayed at the check-in desk.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3281411/Couple-missed-easyJet-flight-win-1-000-compensation.html
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    A fascinating story. It looks as if there were 2 components to the delay - check-in and security - and the Court seems to have held the airline responsible for the lot. Noted.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The decision is sensible. Hopefully it would be followed in England. It seems to stem from some airlines using all desks for all flights instead of a separate desk or desks for specific flights.
  • pookiefatcat
    Options
    I have $700 compensation from United Airlines in e-certificates (think that's what they call them) that I have absolutely no use for. Any suggestions as to what to do with them?
    Obviously something in return would be nice but more importantly I want United to have to pay something!! 😂😂 Thank you
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Assuming the compensation is a result of a delay consistent with EC rules (see Vauban's guide) then you are entitled to cash. Return the vouchers with an explanation, quoting the regulation, and ask nicely for cash as a first step....
  • Poppyf13
    Options
    how accurate is flightstats.com Ive just checked a flight and it says it was only 5 minutes late in arriving back in the UK and I know this isnt true? I undestand that arrival must be 3 hours late to be a valid claim but how else can I check the flight status??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback