Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't see how you would expect both flights to be refunded as you did ultimately travel - refund in addition to compensation would be due if you did not take an alternative flight
    I can only see that a refund of the BMI flight would be due in addition to the compensation if you were not claiming for the Easyjet flight
    If the Easyjet flight was cheaper you are probably better claiming for the BMI flight refund instead
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2015 at 7:29PM
    Options
    I am not a regular flyer, so this is all abit new to us.
    We had a return Flight with Thomson, from Palma Majorca to Bristol UK , we were all sat on the plane, and pilot announced after a 45min to 1hr delay , that he now didn't have enough flying hours left to get to Bristol, basically he said that he had now ran out of flying hours, and needed to rest before flying again which would be the next day.

Resulting in a 19hr delay.

I have never heard of this reason for a delay before, is it common ? I take it I can claim for this delay ?

I hav sent a Resolver email to Thomson 6 days ago, but no response as yet, only a automated " thank you for your email"

Anyone had any issues with Thomson ? Am I going down the correct route with the claim ?

thank you for any advice
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cbrpaul wrote: »
    Anyone had any issues with Thomson ? Am I going down the correct route with the claim ?

thank you for any advice
    there is an entire Thomson thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384699
  • cbrpaul
    cbrpaul Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »

many thx , I will try there
  • notabot
    notabot Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was delayed around 4 hours and they have sent me a voucher for 50 euros. The flight to spain cost 139 pounds. do you think this is adequate compensation?

Also, I do not wish to take the voucher, as it means flying with Vueling again. How do I get them to refund me in cash? By the way, they won't speak English. All their emails are in Spanish.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    notabot - read Vauban's Guide - unsure of your route but as a minimum you are probably entitled to €250 - in cash!
  • Stevie1
    Stevie1 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

Has anyone managed to find or get hold of an email address for Brussels Airlines? For the purpose of a flight delay claim, obviously.

Thanks
  • notabot
    notabot Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your op. My route was Gatwick - Barcelona. I sent them a template claim letter by WHICH, but I am guessing there is no template letter to force them to honour their obligations?
  • DesH_2
    DesH_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Time to pick your collective brains again.....

Got a bit of an awkward one and would like your opinion on the best way to proceed.

I few weeks back I was on round trip flights that was booked through Lufthansa but the outbound was a German wings flight number and aircraft, and the return Lufthansa.

The outbound flight was split into 2, with the connection at Düsseldorf. The 12:10 outbound from Heathrow was delayed by 1h37m, so getting to DUS at 15:57 rather than 14:30, meaning I would have missed the onward connecting flight that was due to depart at 15:20 anyway. (times are push-back, not boarding)

On arrival at DUS, I found that my original 14:30 departure flight had been cancelled and I had automatically been put on the next flight that should have left at 19:10, arriving at destination at 20:10, but actually didn't leave until 21:15 and arrived at 22:17.

So in total I arrived at my destination 5:57 later than I originally should have.

So on the back of this would you consider this a delay or a cancellation?

And as the original flight departed the UK but the main delay flight was departing Düsseldorf should I use Resolver or the Template?

well done if you got this far, looking forward to your responses.

Thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whether it is a delay or cancellation (it's classed as a delay) has no bearing on whether you write to the airline or use Revolver. My guide has all the details you need to make a claim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback