Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    Options
    This ought to be on the FlyBe thread but I can tell you that when I sued Thomson for a delay claim I added additional compensation claims for various things. A few days before my hearing, Huzar was decided and Thomson caved in at Court and agreed to pay my claim in full. Of course these were unusual circumstances in that neither Thomson nor their barrister were aware of Huzar and Thomson hadn't bothered to send their barrister my witness statement and documents. But despite that if you have to sue Flybe, I would include your loss of earnings claim.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Airlines are not responsible for consequential loss. Doesn't your travel insurance cover such things in the event of denied boarding due to overlooking?
  • superforestboy
    Options
    My sons flight from cancun to Gatwick via Thomas cook airlines was diverted to Newfoundland because a fellow passenger had a medical emergency. He finally got back to Gatwick 19 hours late. this caused him to miss his onward travel arrangements. Would he be able to claim compensation from the airline?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SFB - no claim as extraordinary circumstances.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bumped to tidy board
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • MrFixit
    Options
    So here's my conundrum.

I put in a claim for compensation due to a flight being delayed by 4 hours, the booking covered myself, my wife and my child. The response I received was that my claim had been approved due to the delay being caused by an avoidable technical issue. £400 EUR x3 is now in my account.

I put in the same claim for my Mother who was on the same flight as me but under a different booking ref. The response i received was the claim had been denied due to the issue being caused by Air Traffic control restrictions due to a lightning strike.

Of course now i'm in a situation where i'm worried about challenging the result for my Mother in case they ask for their money back for my claim. I put both claims under the same email address.

Question is.
    1. Can they ask for the money back?
    2. Any way i can find out what the true cause of the delay was.
    3. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

All very highly suspect and makes you wonder if they did this on purpose to make me think twice about challenging them. :(
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They can ask but you would say no, of course.
    They would need to take you to court for recovery and under what premise?
    Changing a reason for the delay is NOT goiing to look good in front of judge.
    Continue with your claim,pointing out that they have already paid out for claiims on the same flight, for which you have evidence.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi MrFixit,

If you post your full flight details we may be able to find out more.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Jkhen
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm a little confused over if we're entitled to make a claim for our return flight from Murcia to Manchester last night.

We arrived at MJV at 8pm to be told our flight was cancelled due to technical issues and that we would be put on buses to Alicante airport.
    We checked in at Murcia, we're given seats 7 rows apart, my 11month old and I in a center seat between strangers. This I wouldn't have minded but we did originally pay extra for designated seats.

Buses arrived at 10pm. We arrived at Alicante at 11.30pm.

Original flight was Murcia - Manchester 9.35pm departure and 11.35pm arrival.
    Actual flight was 12.15am from Alicante and arrival in Manchester at 02.20am.

For arrivals it just misses the 3 hour limit, but we had to change airports, had no time to eat, no on board options for food and with an 11month old in tow.

We finally arrived home at 5.20am! Absolutely knackered.

Any help much appreciated.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jkhen - no claim as you arrived back at the correct airport within the 3 hour threshold period.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback