Bank Charges Success Stories II

Options

Comments

• HAPPY_CHIC_82
    Options
    Amount CLaimed £745 this was including the interest
    Amount Given: £649

Natwest were quite quick about it, but they said from the get go they wouldn't give any back, but i stuck it out. When i won it i treated myself of course, and put a claim in for my husband ( £2995) so i thought i'd see what i could get him. Also claimed from:

HSBC £440, got back £248, Nationwide( still waiting), Woolwich (my employer aka Barclays) awaiting reply.

Just one last thing if you have a Woolwich account and you've claimed the six years, you can keep doing it on every charge they wont stop you!!!

Hope you like the free advice lol!!!
  • InTheRed
    InTheRed Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    MBNA £378 including interest and £50 court fee
    Paid £378

MBNA entered defence and then paid out, £80 first the difference between their fees and £12 fee and then the next week the final settlement.
    Absolutely delighted!!! Floating on a cloud!!
    Next is Alliance and Leicester.....
    February Grocery Challenge 262.50/250.00 - overspend - oh no!

March GC 0/300.00

Weight loss goal - lose 14 lbs by May 18th 2016 - so far 3 lbs lost
  • MartinaMoney
    Options
    Bank: Halifax
    Amt Claimed: 3400
    Amt Reclaimed: 2900

Thanks to everyone - a long journey and I was continuously on bank's back, was messed around a lot - but stuck to steps and my guns - filed MOL, contacted FO and IC / Bank filed full defence but settled next day - we negotiated my full amount of bank chgs plus interest plus court fee - extra £500 was for my time and hassle but this is what gave me room to negotiate. Thanks Martin - advice to all - stick to steps and keep your cool.
  • paulgreen
    Options
    Claimed : £4445.58
    Offerred : £4732.81
    Accepted :)

I took them to court, they made the offer around 10 weeks before the court case. They also sent a letter first class dated the same day telling me how vigorously they intend on defending the case - a day later, the offer turned up!

DON'T BE DISHEARTENED WITH LLOYDS - they aren't going to court every time... I'd resigned myself to the fact I needed to iron a suit, but had a nice surprise :)
  • krushaun
    Options
    :j
    Success! On Monday I received payment direct into my account of £2,132 from Lloyds TSB!!! Following Martin's advice-
    1. Asked for copies of last 6 years bank charges = £10
    2. Calculated what was owed & sent first letter = 1st class stamp
    3. Lloyds TSB replied basically saying I did not have a case and had agreed to these charges
    4. Was not put off - sent second letter claiming explaining that if there was no refund I would take small calims court proceedeings within 14 days = 1 x 1st class stamp
    5. No reply - Went onto money claim site and started proceedings = £120 fee
    6. Lloyds TSB contested therfore hearing set for 4th July
    7. Monday 18th June payment received! (included refund of court fee)
    You have to hang in there and not be put off - I am a happy chappy!!

Krushaun :rotfl:
  • aj2509
    Options
    Bank: Halifax
    Amount claimed: 5000
    Amount recieved: 5120 (inc court fee)

I've got to say thanks to Martin, if it wasnt for him then i would have never thought or had the guts to claim my charges back.

I sent 3 letters asking for total amount of charges over the last 6 years, after 40 days i hadnt recieved anything so i phoned the customer relations dept. Spoke to a nice lady who told me the total and asked if i wanted to make a claim to which i said yes.

A few days later i recieved a letter confirming my claim.

Even though i told them i wanted to claim i still sent the letters from the guide that Martin published, sticking to my timetable and not theirs.

my final letter told them if i didnt recieve any money within 14 days i would take it through the courts (still didnt hear anything).

After 14 days i filled in the online claim which was very simple to do, a few days later i recieved my statements from the last 6 years and also a letter saying that my claim had been declined. i called the customer relations dept again and asked them to reconsider their outcome (they said theyy would pass it to their review manager and it could take up to 4 wks).

14 days had passed since i filled in the online court claim and i started to panic because they had acknowledged my claim and would defend it, i didnt want to go to court and then banks started to win a few cases so i was considering dropping the case.

After some thought i decided to continue with the court claim and would go to court if i had to, but to my relief a week before the bank had to enter its defence they transferred £5000 plus bank charges into my account and sent a letter saying they didnt accept liability and they have paid out because they feel tthey would spend more money through the courts.

SO STICK WITH IT AND DONT LET THE BANKS SCARE YOU OFF WITH THEIR STALLING TACTICS!
  • darach_2
    Options
    Hbos
    Claimed £979
    Paid out £881 90%

Wrote in May and got standard response, they weren't going to pay out. Wrote again giving 14 days but didnt hear anything, got busy so didnt pursue. Got a letter today offering 50% and asking me to call if i wasn't happy so I did. Asked for 90% and got it. Should be paid to my account this week.
  • pinkdragon4711
    Options
    Success with Lloyds TSB
    Bank; Lloyds TSB
    Amount reclaimed; 1040.07 inc interest and fees
    Amount Paid; 1040.07 in full
    Stage reached; Court proceedings, Lloyds TSB defended and disputed whole claim. I wrote (recorded delivery) three times to my own (ex bank it has to be said as I closed my account last year) branch and on last letter threatening Court action I RESUBMITTED NEWLY CALCULATED COSTS on the Interest calculator supplied by Martin on this site. All their delaying tactics cost them nearly £100 more in interest on the second calculations.
    Started MCOL claim 14 May - deemed serviced 19 May.
    They acknowledged at close of business on the 14th day - and then defended on close of business on the subsequent allowed last day... and I was just about prepared to go to the Local Court myself, when I got a letter from Sechiari Solicitors team in Brighton with a cheque for full settlement including my costs. A really good feeling - and thanks for making it all so simple to follow on the processes. Heartening to know we can win some days!
    Cheque in my hand 19 June 2007 - and now in our new account safe and sound! Confirmed to Northampton MCOL Court that settlement received in full.
  • kc3110
    kc3110 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bank : Natwest
    Amount Claimed : £250
    Amount Paid : £250

Sent 1st letter on the 12 April had reply 3 days later saying they were looking into it. I sent another letter on 26 May saying will start proceedings to go to court if no reply in 14 days.
    Letter from them on 1 June saying they will refund our charges.

Thanks Martin!! I'm so chuffed :j :A
  • dazrama3
    dazrama3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Yey!

The Co-operative Bank - who have been less than co-operative up until now - paid me back almost £1900.

I am thrilled.

To all those who are trying to claim back from the Co-op - DON'T GIVE UP!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure