• set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    _party_
    Bank: Natwest
    Amount Reclaimed: £722.50
    Amount they paid: £722.50
    The story: First letter sent 20th April 07, 2nd letter sent 10th May 07, sent 2nd letter again on 22nd May 07. NO REPLY from Natwest what so ever. Sent email to:

Elliott Porte - [EMAIL="elliott.porte@rbs.co.uk"]elliott.porte@rbs.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Group Customer Relations (Office of the Group Chief Executive)
    280 Bishopsgate

External: 0207 672 1982 Internal: 321982

Got a reply from them saying that Natwest customer relations very busy blah, blah and hey presto the next day I got a letter from Natwest Customer relations saying they will be able to respond to my claim 2nd week of July so I sent them (Elliott Porte & Natwest Customer Relations) another email to say that I wasnt happy about this and would have to consider court action. Oh forgot to mention I sent the email to each of them 8 times!!! Just wanted to make sure they got my point! Anyway I received an offer letter 3 days later for the full amount of £722.50 which I have signed and sent back to them.

Does anyone know how long it takes for it to be put in your account???

GREAT SITE!!!!!! :T CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO HAVE WON!:T
    & to those who are still going throught it, stick with and and be persistant!!!:mad:

Thank you to all on this site who's stories I have been reading and following. Good Luck!!

Sez
  • minijo
    minijo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Bank Nationwide
    Amount £700
    Recieved £700

It took from start to finish 1 month, the went all the way to court I then got money transfered into account, they then gave me a lecture in banking practises, I have since gone elsewhere
    I say get your money back I did :T
  • funkydoll
    Options
    Natwest.
    Claimed in total £1233 in 4 different accounts
    Paid out £1233.

Paid out on final letter from template advising of court action.Money was transferred in 7 days.

Barclays in total over 5 accounts £9550
    1 account they have told me they aren't paying and they are within there terms etc.....etc......
    other accounts they keep extending the response time,just filed 3 claims to the court,can't wait about for these people,quick to take but not fast enough to respond,now awaiting the dates to go to court..........watch this space.....

Funkydolly
  • angel00
    angel00 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    It has taken since January,but i received an offer from barclays for £2205.00,£600 less but i am going to take this.:j thanks for all that helped...:T :T :T :T :T
  • ottoman_3
    ottoman_3 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Bank : Lloyds
    Amount claimed : £1580
    Amount received : £1700

Lloyds again settled and paid the £120 MCOL fee. A date was set for the 18th July - I received a letter from their solicitors on the 20th June saying they wold settle.

One interesting point, I bank on-line and keep a close eye on finances. I made sure there was sufficient in the account to cover my bills on Friday 15th June which there was.
    Miraculously, the refund of bank charges was dated 12th June in my account so somehow, they can backdate the payment ???

Anyway, just Barclays to go now !

Thanks Martin - are we investing the money wisely ? Of course, taking the children to Lapland at Chrsitmas !:beer:
  • Volly
    Volly Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Bank : RBS
    Amount claimed : £3305
    Amount received : £3305

Started my claim on April 17th, and was about to take them to court/ombudsman, when I got a letter through the door telling me that all the charges were fair, but on page 2 of the letter, they said that they were willing to pay me a goodwill gesture of £3305 because I was unhappy about their charges, and they didn't even close my account. Sweet victory, thanks a million Martin :j
  • coppersave
    Options
    Bank - Halifax
    Amount Claimed - £2056
    Amount Settled - £2056

Story - Read this site, decided to claim, requested statements about 6 weeks ago.
    They arrived in about 3 weeks, followed the letters from this site. Halifax replied said they had 8 weeks. Gave them 2 as suggested then went down the online court route. Halifax said they would defend the case then out of the blue last saturday got a letter saying that they would pay in full. £1550 ish in charges, £400 ish in interest and £120 court costs. They say although I agreed to terms and conditions and they were not at fault, it would cost them to defend so they would pay. I felt so srry for them, not.

Thanks to this site and go for it.

Cheers and all the best.
    :beer:
  • kikko101
    Options
    Bank of Scotland
    Amount claimed :- £2335 (inc Court fees+ interest)
    Amount received:- £2335

28/02/07 - 1st letter listing charges without interest
    14/03/07 - Reply -Will respond in 4 weeks
    20/03/07 - 2nd letter threatening court action list of charges+ interest
    04/04/07 - Reply - declined claim, charges correctly applied!
    17/05/07 - MCOL issued
    12/06/07 - Offer and cheque for £942 from Customer Relations
    16/06/07 - Refused offer and sent cheque back.
    18/06/07 - Follow up phone call to say I would only settle for the full
    amount.
    20/06/07 - Letter from BOS (dated 08/06/07?? -earlier than 1st offer!)
    Offered full refund within 5 working days. 20th June was the last
    day before they had to put in a defence.

Thanks to Martin and everyone 's advice on this site x
  • timewilltell_2
    Options
    at last
    claimed £5355
    received £5355

sent two letters waited out the 56 days had offer letter, money in bank in a week. yippppeeeeeee
  • InTheRed
    InTheRed Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: RBS
    Claimed: £681 (including interest)
    Received: £540 (charges excluding interest)

2nd letter stage and waited the long 7 weeks for the offer. Celebrating success!!!_party_ _party_
    February Grocery Challenge 262.50/250.00 - overspend - oh no!

March GC 0/300.00

Weight loss goal - lose 14 lbs by May 18th 2016 - so far 3 lbs lost
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family