Bank Charges Success Stories II

Options
1210211212213214216»

Comments

• Dusary
    Dusary Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I successfully claimed back a partial £17k from HBoS for various accounts I held with them.

The "Test Case" brought all my claims to a close.

I received 4 letters from HBoS relating to other accounts (dated 13th Jan) saying that: "As a result of these rulings (Supreme Court - 25th November, 2009) we won't be upholding your complaint or be providing a refund of the bank fees that you've complained about."

"If I haven't heard from you within eight weeks of this letter (x4) I will close your fees complaint.

Mike Regnier
    Personal Current Account Director."

I propose to write back saying that the matter under consideration is not closed . . . But I think some advice might be helpful.
    I am owed a STAGGERING £25,864.38 by HBos!
  • madnes
    madnes Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    MBNA, I asked for £400.00 I was offered £247.00 which I have accepted. I sent them one letter a month ago threatening court action if they did not pay. They paid as a gesture of goodwill and sent a cheque as part of there offer letter.
    My account has been closed with MBNA for over 18 months.
  • madnes
    Options
    madnes wrote: »
    MBNA, I asked for £400.00 I was offered £247.00 which I have accepted. I sent them one letter a month ago threatening court action if they did not pay. They paid as a gesture of goodwill and sent a cheque as part of there offer letter.
    My account has been closed with MBNA for over 18 months.

MARTIN THANKS A MILLION AND FOR YOUR TV CLAIMING ADVICE.:money:
  • madnes
    Options
    Co-operative owe me £1,000.00 they rejected my complaint after the test case. I asked for £500.00 under financial hardship. I am now contacting the ombudsman, even if I don't win at least it has cost them £500.00 for me contacting the ombudsman!
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    Co-operative owe me £1,000.00 they rejected my complaint after the test case. I asked for £500.00 under financial hardship. I am now contacting the ombudsman, even if I don't win at least it has cost them £500.00 for me contacting the ombudsman!

It won't if the complaint is not upheld against them AFAIK.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • madnes
    Options
    It won't if the complaint is not upheld against them AFAIK.

Humble pie then.

I was told this was the case on the consumer action group forums.

Oh well, it wont cost me anything anyway to try. Apart from a £0.32 stamp anyway.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    Humble pie then.

I was told this was the case on the consumer action group forums.

Oh well, it wont cost me anything anyway to try. Apart from a £0.32 stamp anyway.

I think it is because I myself unfortunately, posted that bit of info there as either "Yourbank" or "Nattie" and since I no longer frequent that forum I cannot correct that erroneous piece of information.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • davidgmmafan
    davidgmmafan Posts: 1,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too thought that was the case, I can see looking at the FOS website that it isn't so clear cut.

If you feel they haven't looked at your complaint re hardship properly then personally I'd bang in a claim. Remember that during the test case the FOS itself stated firms weren't taking hardship rules seriously and there was more focus on it then than now.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • jo1982
    jo1982 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Nationwide
    Amount Reclaimed:£800
    Amount they paid: £840.87
    The story:
    I contacted Nationwide via email on 20th June 10 having read a news article on this site

I had bank charges from 2004-2006, Nationwide sent me an expenditure and income form to fill out and I returned it straight away.

Today 29th June I have recieved an email back from Nationwide saying that they will refund £840.87 within 10 working days! I am over the moon as its not taken much to get the money back!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure