Comments

• seabiscuit_2
    seabiscuit_2 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Egg
    Amount Reclaimed: £152

Amount they paid: £152
    The story:

I was fed up with several times of being over my limit by a few pounds, they charged me the £20 fee and then because that had made me even more over the limit, they would slap another £20 fee on the next month, I decided to try my luck. Sent the first letter and they replied with an offer of the difference between £20 and £16 which is their new fee. I replied that I would only accept that as a partial amount and requested the rest which they agreed to in their second letter. Actually only took about 2 weeks from my first claim letter to the refund (after the inital statements request)
    See the stars they’re shining bright
    Everything’s alright tonight
  • Big_T_2
    Big_T_2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Natwest
    Amount Reclaimed: £607
    Amount they paid: £607

The story: Wrote requesting statements for last 6 yrs. They responded. Asked for my money back. They eventually responded after 5 weeks saying blah blah blah.......... bottom line we'll give you all the money back. Happy dayz!:j

Thanks Martin:money:
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • nomis_A
    Options
    Bank: Co-operative
    Amount Claimed: £790 (interest not claimed)
    Amount they paid: £790

Sent the request for list of charges with £10 fee late March. List returned in 27 days with cheque - fee not charged. Letter 2 by sent by return. Follow up letter 4 sent a month later. Was waiting for the Hull hearing to happen in July before starting court action. But no need 'Goodwill Gesture' refund sent in 10 weeks. Also they didn't close my account..I did, as soon as I got the money!!!

Thanks to all at MSE I couldn't have done it without you.
  • BlueMeany
    BlueMeany Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bank: Lloyds TSB

Claimed: £1182
    Paid: £1182

Just got the money into my account - have had no contact whatsoever with them - even though they filed an Acknowledgement of Service

Made up!! Thanks for all the advice on this site. Anyone else thinking about it... go for it!
  • gav99
    gav99 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: RBS

Claimed: £2854
    Paid: £2817

started the process in march sent 2 letters demanding it back followed up with phone calls.Started court proceedings which was acknowledged.recived 2 letters from cobbets then one from the rbs offering £2817 which i was not turning down happy days thanks for all of the advice

:beer:
  • schnooks71
    Options
    Bank = HSBC
    Requested = £2,208.41
    Amount Won = £1,859.80
    :j :j WOOOHOOO. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU......
    Started with first Letter 29thMarch 2007. Received offer 8th June. Accepted and just waiting for money to go into account (they said would take 14 days) after receiveing my signed acceptance......
    Thankyou Martin and all the team
    Kindest Regards
    Wendy
    :T :T :T :T :T :T
  • 34donut
    Options

Bank: lloydstsb
    Amount Reclaimed: £2654
    Amount they paid: £2581.00
    The story: Acknowed and said they would defend, never did, money paid into my account. No letter, just one very happy person

Thank you
  • kirsty_80
    Options
    Bank: HSBC
    Amount Reclaimed: £448
    The Story: Paid full amount after just one letter.
    :rotfl: I wrote my letter I got through this site back in April, I initially got a letter saying they were investigating the issue within a week. It took them 2 months but they offered the full amount. I'm really chuffed!
    Kirsty
  • jackiemawr
    Options
    Bank: Halifax
    Amount Reclaimed: £627.30
    Amount they paid: £627.30
    The story:Thanks Martin for all your help with this, through your web site. I sent them several letters, and they rang me and offered me £300, but i turned it down and threatened them with court, so as they totally ignored me i appled online through your site, paid the £80, and started proceedings, just the other day i had a letter from them saying they were going to contest it, but at the end of the letter it said that they would probably end up paying in the end and the full amount would be in my bank account within 5 days, which it now is, so thank you again Martin, and good luck everyone on the bank reclaiming bus, and don't give up, jackie :T :money:
  • Bizzo
    Bizzo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Bank: Lloyds TSB
    Amount Reclaimed: 4,990

Amount they paid: 4,990 + fees
    The story: Started the process 6 months ago. Lots of letters and lots of refusals from bank.. Had court date next week. They settled in full via letter today. Thank you money saving expert for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure