Bank Charges Success Stories II

Options

Comments

• mrem1975
    Options
    Well after 3 months , 2 letters , small claims case started (as far as allocation questionaire) ...TSB have finally paid up !! Claimed £2335.08 , received the lot !!!!
    I sent off the acceptance letter to SCAM , they received it on Monday (9th) , money in my account today (12th) ... so much for their 2/3 week backlog on receiving payments ??

A big thanks to all the people who have posted helpful responses and threads , and for Martin for having a great forum and helpful info!!

Good luck to all others chasing their money ... they will pay up !!!
    Just keep at 'em!!! smile.gifsmile.gif :money:

ps - can i donate to this site , and how ????
  • DIZZYFAIRY_3
    Options
    FIRST TIME POST

lloyds tsb with Interest reclaimed £1,950

Won by default as they did not enter a defence ha ha ha
  • gazz1300
    Options
    sent two letters to Barclays, one for the list of charges and another for the money back 1100, replied with offer of 750:beer: going to accept and put it into the A&L acc that I opened just in case.
    next is barclay card
    cheers Martin this site is brilliant
  • GeordieBloke
    Options
    Another Success!

Bank: LLOYDS TSB
    Claimed: £3,238.50
    Recieved: £4,240.12 (includes recalculated interest and court charges paid so far)

Started back in March of this year with the template letter from this site.
    Got the usual fob-offs from Lloyds bank's Andover centre so threatened court action on 2nd May. They failed to respond, so commenced MCOL after fourteen days.
    Anyway, Lloyds solicitors eventually responded saying they were intending to defend the case. However the following day, I got another letter from them saying they would settle in full with me!

Sent the acknowledgement slip back by recorded post, which they got on monday, and the money has appeared in my account today!

:money: THANK YOU MARTIN AND EVERYONE HERE! :money:<!-- / message -->
  • dami150
    dami150 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    HALIFAX

Claimed £5345 - received just over £3k as a part payment, filing a claim for the rest plus interest.

MINT

Claimed £140 - they offered £45, I turned it down, gave them the chance to settle on the phone, they said no so I filed a claim against them. Last Friday got a special delivery letter containing a cheque for £193 (claim plus interest plus costs). They could have saved themselves £50 but they gambled on me wimping out. However, we know and more importantly they know we know that they haven't a hope in hell of winning in court.
  • stonerose
    stonerose Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Martin? Thank you. :AYou are a hero! The Abbey, just one week after my receiving notice of my case being transferred to Leeds, and the AQ being dispensed with, have repaid my charges AND my court filing costs in full. They didn't tell me they were going to do it, they just put the money in my account!

You're a genius Martin, one of the very few true "Friends to the People". God Bless you!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T:T:T:T:T :beer::beer::beer:
  • patjoyce
    patjoyce Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    claimed for approx 300.00 wouldn,t pay the intrest but the 247.00 they refunded cleared the card off ,settled within 4weeks
  • wirlwind1
    Options
    First time post

Bank: Natwest

Claimed with intrest £1120

Natwest offered £184

Sent court letter they re-offered £777.00 that was just the charges back so agreed.

Good result i think, worth doing i say. Thank you to all on this site who helped and good luck to those still trying.
  • kebry
    kebry Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hi everybody just a quick note to say dont give up i have just recieved an offer from my bank [natwest] of £1257.00 it took 2 letters and 7 weeks and my claim was for £1577.00 so after a long hard think, well about 1 minute ha ha if it wasnt for money saving expert .com i dont think i would have gone thru with it THANKS ALOT GUYS
    KEVIN MOORE:beer:
  • Dave2007
    Dave2007 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Just about to send claim to MCOL, but was waiting to borrow £250 to pay for it. Thought I would try again on the phone to see if they would increase offer, clearly stating that I was ready to file claim. Original claim was £7,167 + interest. Offered £7,100. Did not accept and pushed for the extra £167. Finally increased offer to £7,108, which I accepted.:j Not sure if I had more pleasure getting the extra £8 for 10 minutes on the phone or the £7,100.
    I found this a little easy, just sending the template letters on this magnificent site.
    Anyone just thinking about making a claim STOP.:naughty: I was thinking about it for a couple of months. If I hadn't thought about it and just did it, I would have had the money in the bank before now.
    Thanks Martin for the inspiration to do this and good luck to everyone else.
    Now for the credit and store cards.:beer:
    Halifax Bank - £8,724.57 (inc int)- MCOL - settled £7,108.00 (claim less interest):j
    Halifax Credit Card - £279.70(inc int) 1st request :rolleyes:
    Egg - £665.26 (inc int) - MCOL £749.97, by default :j
    Marbles - £1,390.54 (inc int), offered £0. 2nd offer £550, threated court for remainder, accepted £1096 (claim less interest) :j
    Capital One - £1,024.72(inc int), MCOL settled £1,152.77, (int+court costs) :j
    Creation - £375.55 - 1st request, settled £312.41 :j
    Barclaycard - £1343.27 - offered £366 - rejected threaten to court :mad:
    Sainsbury Bank - £ £1056.86(inc int) - MCOL :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills