Are you happy on your own?

Options

Comments

• justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can not fathom why one could not do things like bath , book , wine , friends while with somebody else. I.second what vestan said , if you find you can not do things it must be not great relationship. On another hand I find it hard to do many things ony own. I can not go out with a partner , I enjoy holidays more when shared , I enjoy talking and sharing day experiences and ideas and emotions , I even find watching football or movie far more enjoyable when on company. To go for a walk together , to have picnic , to cook at home - it is nice to do ravioli dough and make them with wine music and yap. To have another adult to fall back on when you say bye to a grinding job , when you dare to pursue further education or another dream. To have pleasure to be a support to my so when he is going through difficult times with his job. Gardening , parenting , most things .. and sex ! I know one comes across as needy when admits it amd I suspect many would deny it so as it does not come acros
    s that way.
    Disclaimer - it does not stop me being choosy about who I am with and I been known to get out if less than ideal relationships but it does not stop me saying for me pofe is better shared
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,173 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Timely thread for me! I've been thinking for the past few months that I don't think I shall ever want to be in another relationship. I really can't think of any bonuses to being in one.

I was pondering whether I would feel differently after sons have left home but I really don't think so.

(P.S I do have 3 cats....)
  • justme111
    Options
    to have someone who would challenge me and make me see things in a different way, compliment and complement me..
    how could one not want it ?
    lol, timely thread, i may go onto a dating website:D
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Options
    Very! :D :beer:
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    I live a single persons existence within the confines of a marriage. The worst of both worlds as no freedom to enjoy any form of lunch!
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    justme111 wrote: »
    to have someone who would challenge me and make me see things in a different way, compliment and complement me..
    how could one not want it ?

Lots of people in my life do that for me, you don't need a romantic partner to have meaningful connections with other people.

None of them hog the bed or nag me about heating bills either!
  • justme111
    Options
    Depth of connection , intimacy , consistency of it and trust are not the same though. If you have a superking size bed you can have the best of both worlds - skin contact when you want it and space when you don't :). Or separate beds options. Never been nagged about heating bill in my marriage so it does not have to be the case either :)
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    justme111 wrote: »
    Depth of connection , intimacy , consistency of it and trust are not the same though. If you have a superking size bed you can have the best of both worlds - skin contact when you want it and space when you don't :). Or separate beds options. Never been nagged about heating bill in my marriage so it does not have to be the case either :)

Maybe, just maybe, you could try to accept that we're all different and we don't all want the same things you do? :)
  • justme111
    edited 1 May 2013 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Well yeah in some respects we are different ,some like strawberry some pickled onions. in others we are the same , every human being bleeds when cut and feels pain when burnt and knows feeling of hunger is satiated by food ..
    Ps. I did not mean it as everybody should want to be in a couple , I meant it as I can not possibly understand reasoning of those people who do not ..
  • lizziebabe
    lizziebabe Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been on my own since I divorced, (8 years) and I am very happy. I feel liberated from living with a very selfish, self centred person. We were married for a long time and although he hurt me badly, actually it was a good thing for me. Now, I get to please myself and don't take any carp from anyone.

When I tell people I go on holiday on my own, some people say that I am brave and some people are very envious as they would love time away from their families. I'm quite outgoing and love meeting new people.

I have 2 fantastic grown up children and they are pretty good at keeping in touch but they have their own lives now.I have a great job and a few very good friends. I lost some along the way but I guess they weren't really long term friends.

I have had a few 'dates' and the guys were nice but I am not desperate and they did come across as needy. I would like to think I would meet someone in the future but don't think I would like to live with someone 24/7, as I value my freedom and my own company.

Alyth you have to do what you know is best for you and if that is being on your own then so be it. I don't want to get married again, but wouldn't mind a relationship if the right person came along. Until then life is for living and if that means I do it on my own, then I will. I have done loads of things on my own that I would never done if I was still with my ex.

I am a happy Lizzieb :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport