FINALLY DONE IT: Tayforth's new beginning

Options

Comments

• Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tayforth, I am going to a wedding this weekend and curious to know if its the same one, what part of the world is it in? (Ido realise lots of people get married lol but just being nosy).

Hope you are ok, you sound so happy and relieved. The comment about the new bra making you look different made me laugh :)

The wedding is next weekend anyway :p

Maybe you should just tell her and ask that she not tell your sister till after the wedding? It'd be horrible to be fighting with your Mum at your sisters wedding with what your going through as well.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • tayforth
    tayforth Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    Options
    gazzak wrote: »
    OK, this is now starting to turn into a man hating thread. Guess what ladies, WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THIS.

Eh???

Where's the man-hating?

Tayforth, I am going to a wedding this weekend and curious to know if its the same one, what part of the world is it in? (Ido realise lots of people get married lol but just being nosy).

Hope you are ok, you sound so happy and relieved. The comment about the new bra making you look different made me laugh :)
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    The wedding is next weekend anyway :p

Was just going to say this :) It's next weekend, tomorrow is just a pre-wedding party at my family's house.
    Life is a gift... and I intend to make the most of mine :A

Never regret something that once made you smile :A
  • Pixiechic
    Pixiechic Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    gazzak wrote: »
    OK, this is now starting to turn into a man hating thread. Guess what ladies, WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THIS.

I disagree that this has turned into a man hating thread! It seems to me that whilst a lot of ladies have had negative experiences with 'some' men, many have gone on to say how they have met great men afterwards!

There are loads of great men out there, most definitely, just some of us have met the not so great ones at some point in our lives!

We are not tarring all men with the same brush, just sharing our experiences :)
  • tayforth
    Options
    Pixiechic wrote: »
    I disagree that this has turned into a man hating thread! It seems to me that whilst a lot of ladies have had negative experiences with 'some' men, many have gone on to say how they have met great men afterwards!

There are loads of great men out there, most definitely, just some of us have met the not so great ones at some point in our lives!

We are not tarring all men with the same brush, just sharing our experiences :)

^^ What she said.

• Pixiechic
    Pixiechic Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    I would imagine that she just wants everything to perfect on her daughters wedding day.

She may well have a sense that something is up but I doubt that she would want to fall out with you so close to the day.

You sound like a really nice person and even if she does suspect that something is up, given that she knows you, she will know that you will come to her in time and when you do she will realise that your actions were very well intended and really very selfless.

It must be hard for you, soon you can have a good chat, hug, cry with your Mum and all will be well.

Maybe his cold could turn into flu? Not great to be around for adults but worse for children who will also probably be present. It is a white lie but not for long and you are coming from a good place. :)

Ultimately though, you are the one that they want at the wedding, he isn't such a big deal :)
  • tayforth
    Options
    Pixiechic wrote: »
    I would imagine that she just wants everything to perfect on her daughters wedding day.

She may well have a sense that something is up but I doubt that she would want to fall out with you so close to the day.

You sound like a really nice person and even if she does suspect that something is up, given that she knows you, she will know that you will come to her in time and when you do she will realise that your actions were very well intended and really very selfless.

It must be hard for you, soon you can have a good chat, hug, cry with your Mum and all will be well.

Maybe his cold could turn into flu? Not great to be around for adults but worse for children who will also probably be present. It is a white lie but not for long and you are coming from a good place. :)

Ultimately though, you are the one that they want at the wedding, he isn't such a big deal :)

Thank you. You're probably right. She's such a worrier, and even more so when it comes to weddings.

I do intend telling them that he's got worse next week instead of better (flu/chest infection or similar). I planned it all with my aunt on the phone a couple of weeks ago.

I'm wondering if she will think me selfless for hiding it for their sakes, or selfish for breaking up with him 2 weeks before my sister's wedding. If she hints that it's the latter and asks why I couldn't have waited, I'll point out that they wouldn't want him in their wedding photos, knowing what they now know about him.

My sister, who is lovely, won't give a damn whether he's there or not as long as I'm there, and she'll understand.

• Brighton_belle
    Options
    tayforth wrote: »

I'm wondering if she will think me selfless for hiding it for their sakes, or selfish for breaking up with him 2 weeks before my sister's wedding.
    Technically of coursed, it is your mother being selfish by putting her needs (to 'not worry', to have everything 'look perfect') before yours.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • tayforth
    Options
    Technically of coursed, it is your mother being selfish by putting her needs (to 'not worry', to have everything 'look perfect') before yours.

I think that she'll understand when she knows the full story.

I was between a rock and a hard place: take him to the wedding and break up afterwards (then he'd be in their photos and video forever); or break up now and go to the wedding alone (people are bound to talk, and that will get to her).

• tayforth
    Options
    I phoned my mum again on the pretext of asking if she needed anything for the party. I slipped into the conversation that 'OH' has taken the rest of the day off work.

She agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea for him to come along this weekend and risk passing it on to everyone else. But then she added, "As long as he's better for next weekend!"

:(:(:(

• pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    tayforth wrote: »
    I phoned my mum again on the pretext of asking if she needed anything for the party. I slipped into the conversation that 'OH' has taken the rest of the day off work.

She agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea for him to come along this weekend and risk passing it on to everyone else. But then she added, "As long as he's better for next weekend!"

:(:(:(

Oh NO are you seriously gonna wait til after the wedding to tell all, will your mum be upset that you didnt tell her earlier. I know when my mum was alive and i split from my hubbie she was one of the first i told I know it is hard with the wedding etc ! Do you think she will give you a lecture tell you you have acted hastily or is she likely to go beserk ! Are you close to your mum or not. Do you think she would be annoyed to hear that it happened over a week ago when you actually tell her. As I am guessing you are waiting for the wedding to be over, so how will you decide when the time is right. I just wondering as I dont know your mum obviously but dont want you to get into trouble or feel even more upset if she reacts badly to it :)

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business