Aprils Fool No More!!!

Options

Comments

• angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with new job jonsey!

Small spend day today - sweets! I know, but post holiday blues, what can I say? Fell asleep with dd2 hence the late posting and now wide awake!

Home is in need of a spring clean too so aiming for some motivation tomorrow and will be a spend day as its time to get some food in this place! Will only buy the necessary goods though, going to mr m and will have to be extra strong to ignore the offers on junk food!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you,SS, for your kind words. Had the pep talk with other half who also reminded me how far I've come since LBM. My CC statements shoul arrive soon and I'll update figures. That's always good.Used to not even look at statements, just the minimum payment.
    SS and all other new contenders, this is definitely the place to be, you will be amazed at how well you do. That little Kat just gets in your head.
    Good luck Jonesy, and have a good week everyone.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning Chickadees! :)

The sun is shining, I look like death and never want to see another cupcake for at least the rest of the year. Party was lovely, SO much food, sun was shining and I was surrounded by friends. Fun had by all. Only a three hour clear up which wasn't too bad....:o

I have had enough now - enough planning, buying, scheming etc. I NEED to recoup. Overtime has not been granted for the the two days I needed it this month and only a few places available in the beginning of May which I have applied for. I am starting to worry a little that the summer months may require something to pull in funds that isn't as easy as Overtime! Gulp! But I knew it was never a guarantee. Which makes the expensive holiday away a little more galling - just glad it was all cash paid for..

So today I am checking money... re-shuffling what I brought back from holiday and recalibrating what is left. I am planning for serious SFD'ing and packing up my house. The fun is not yet over...

My brother arrives next Wednesday by which time I'll have spent a grand total of 8 days at work and we have two full days of traipsing across London - with my first day back from my new house (move happens the day after brother goes home) on the 1st May - until then I shall be down-sizing even more - boxing up things I don't need right now and praying I will find space in the new house....

I shall post more now - I feel I have neglected you all this month. Jonesy good luck today - really hope everyone is nice to you!!! Tell us everything when you get in - after a cuppa! :)

I would like to curl up under my desk and sleep. I am not allowed!..

Onwards and Upwards - you are all doing so well!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Kat, sounds like you have a couple of very busy weeks ahead. Just wanted tovsayvthank you for still finding the time to do the thread - much appreciated! :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jonesy, good luck on your first day.

Kat, don't worry you haven't neglected us. We all have been a bit quieter on here recently, but we battle on because you inspire us. We all hit rough patches, but look in only six months you cleared nearly half your debt :T and there are still 8 months left in this year. Kat would say onwards and upwards. Most of us can't do overtime or sell any more on ebay, so how about we focus on SFDs next month and see who can spend the least :rotfl: That will need major planning from my side as I got hubbies and DS birthday.

Gonna get DS a blackboard easel thing from ebay and built hubby a diy biltong box (meat dehumidifier) for his to save money.

Aiming for 5 SFDs till Friday, but that depends on how long we can eek out the milk.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all!

Ooh, someone is testing my will to become debt free by my birthday (Abundant - I'm 40 in June)

<---- Likkle cat got attacked by that cat again on Saturday night and has started limping. Every time we tried to look at his leg yesterday he growled and even hissed a couple of times (he's never hissed at me before!) so he's off to the vets this morning. Last time this happened his wound became infected, he developed cellulitis and I had a vets bill for £100+

I've already used some of this month's "emergency pot" and what's left is supposed to be spends for our weekend away this weekend. Fortunately it's payday on Friday so I can use some of next month's budget towards our weekend. Only thing is we're away for a week in May and that chunk of the budget was going to go towards that.

Gonna have to budget a bit tighter for a few weeks and get Hubby back into ebaying (he has a decent seller's rating) to achieve my df goal.

In the past, things have always come up just before I'm almost sorted debt-wise and I've always let them make me quit but not this time!!!!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    AngelPye its my pleasure. It helps me as well and I have now sat and figured out the following....

After insisting I was within budget I am currently holding £325 in my account. This is to cover a house move, a brother visiting and food for the rest of the months. I have put £75 aside to assist with Bike Insurance in November (aren't I good) and am realising that the purchasing of tea related things added a horrific amount to my "spends" and it was only spent when I got home from holiday and realised I had "more" - NAUGHTY! Although these were not things I can't use again and am looking into ways of renting them out etc..

I have no desire to eat for a week - I just don't think I have the energy or room - so I shall spend the rest of the month eating rice krispies and packing...

So I am planning May's budget already - attmpting to book overtime and looking forward to doing nothing.,...:T:T:T
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • kickuptheasstime
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I have resurfaced after going AWOL for a good few days.
    I can add 2 more SFDs to my total (I'll update my sig shortly), however I have discovered an amazing book for people in debt, whch I am currently working my way through

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0553382020/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm busy taking one day at a time & I have begun my spending diary today :T I know that this advice is not new to you guys, but the book has really hit a note with me. I'm hoping that it wll help to keep me motivated

I've so far spent £2.75 on lunch today (my poor excuse is it's the first day back at work after the Easter hols) and do not plan to spend any more. I'll be working late tonight with student interviews, so should be spend free for the rest of the day. I do need to plan easy lunches for the rest of this week though... hmm something to think about

KUTAT x
    Xmas 2016 #67 £0/£365
    LBM £29,598 :shocked: (29.05.15) DFD June 2021
    29.12.15 - B/card 1 £6813 B/card 2 £3575 Virgin CC £13658 Loan £5842 Next £0 OD £200
    20.06.15 - B/card 1 £4139 B/card 2 £4025 Virgin CC £13100 Loan £7303 Next £58 OD £200
    Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5256548
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 April 2013 at 12:53PM
    Options
    This one is better..,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-More-Money-greatest-financial/dp/1906821186/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1366022603&sr=1-1&keywords=make+more+money

:)

However I have just rejigged my sig. Rotten interest has been added so my amount is a little higher than anticipated. Hey we live in hope. May and June should clear that blasted student loan ( waste of time and money ) with a hopeful lump sum of £500 going on the bike loan...

Goody!
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Phew! We got kitty to the vet before his wound became too infected though by the time Hubby had got home to pick him up, his leg had swollen up. One injection later and a course of tablets and only a £38 bill. last time though we opted for injections every other day which is why it cost so much but he's going to my mum's whilst we're away and she's too far away to take him to the vets.

Have spend £1.05 buying some cold meat ends from the market to hide his tablets in. Butcher says it can be frozen so I'll just get a chunk out each day to defrost. Cheaper than injections ;)

Financially, it just means less spends for this weekend (less booze money really) so not too bad really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure