Aprils Fool No More!!!

Options

Comments

• Bouncyminky
    Options
    I had a sfd today, oh carried on the spending! Chocolate, meal out, magazine for dd. I didn't even get to enjoy and partake in any of it! Now trying to persuade him to not get takeaway. Like having another kid....
    If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money cannot buy. :)
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The month is still young- we are not even half away through yet....

Yikes, I was just thinking we're nearly half way through the month-your way sounds scarier :eek:

Welcome back oh wise one :D. I'll update properly later...currently I'm hiding from the rain at an uncleared table in Starbucks, pretending the half empty cup is mine :rotfl: I'm waiting for 7 o'clock so i can get off peak travel!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Siouxsie I like your style you nutter! Saw someone in a cheapo buffet restaurant actually drink leftover drinks in Italy...;-)..I don't recommend that though...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am back from holls and just used train journey from hat wick to catch up! Wow guys it's like an emotional roller coaster. Head cheerleader is back though (Kat not me ;) ) and will keep us marching.
    I too had time on my own to think and make some resolutions for my return. Ready to kick some debt to the curb! I will succeed! :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome back Kat...

I think you do right in seeing the positives - it's made you appreciate home more and BONUS - you came back with £200 and a bottle of your fave perfume!!! Getting a clear head can also be a godsend and maybe you wouldn't have had all that reflective downtime had it not rained so much? Anyhow - good to have you back in one piece!

I have *so* being good! Am within budget and shopping weekly instead of bulk buying as per instructions!!! <stomps feet>. And yes - this is the same Abundant of the rice cake fame! I now have a tub of Rivita to work through! Will I ever learn?

My downside is my SFD count, as I seem to have spent a little on several days instead of saving my purchases for one day. Its partly down to bad planning and partly due to the unforseen and unexpected. Today I had an unplanned for prescription buy, and ended up buying and scoffing a two pasties from the bakers to cheer myself up. Bad Abundant!

This next week I need to follow Kat's lead and have some downtime to get my head in order and get life back on track as am feeling really derailed. Coming here helps and I have *this* structure, even if the rest of my life feels like it's going through a blender! As Yazz once said, the only way is up! <...baby!>

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Sarah147
    Sarah147 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    Been a spendy week for me, lots of little bits here and there, not sure anyone of them were really needed.

Just been back from the post office and spent £6.50 on postage for eBay items which leaves the same amount as profit. That was for five items. All the listing, packing up items and trailing to the post office isn't really worth it anymore, as many others have said.
  • AuntyRuby
    AuntyRuby Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Friday already...back to work on Monday, holidays have flown in. It's really good to have you back Kat and your baking sounds yummmm. Abundant, I've got that Yazz song in my head now ;) takes me back to my youth.

Home from hols this afternoon, we made the most of the weather to have a good garden tidy. Had baking withdrawal symptoms so made some cupcakes this afternoon - not good for the bridesmaids dress I need to squeeze into this summer! Phoned next person on allotment waiting list and arranged to meet them at allotments on Sunday to show them the plot.

Have updated signature, need to get cracking with decluttering and making money. Hoping to stay within food and fuel budget. Fingers crossed I'll have a couple of SFD's at the weekend to meet my target.

Hope you all have a good Friday evening - I'm on the sofa with feet up :-)
    AuntyRuby x
    Food 65.39/300 Fuel 0/60

DFD Dec 2017 student loan £277.17 (03/2014) Tesco loan £4,589.76 (12/2017)
    MFD June 2031 £90,630/£112,000
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well I failed to post and failed to have SFD yesterday. Only spent on stuff for freezer but not much budget left for the rest of the month. Will update figures in a minute. Sounds like Kat's party will be an absolute feast of home made goodies. Hope we get the promised sunshine tomorrow but I think they're starting to renege on that already. Will try for SFD today.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Abundant- I also have that tune in my head now!

Sorry for being AWOL these last few days - it was my last week at work so was tres busy. I cried at a card my best friend gave me on Thursday (which was my last day). It made no sense to cry as I saw her Thursday night and went ghost hunting with her and 2 other friends yesterday! Still, it's an end of an era :(

Ghost hunting was prepaid and fun, so still on track for my money detox.

Kat- it's lovely to have you back :)
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not much to report. Yesterday was a spend day as wee topped up groceries, but should be fine now for a few days again. Today was a NSD, just had fun with the wee man and took him to the play park. Not sure yet what we'll do tomorrow but should be another NSD. The roofer never turned up as the weather wasn't ideal.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure