Aprils Fool No More!!!

Options

Comments

• Everhopeful09
    Options
    Evening All, SFD for me. Had to spend money yesterday on petrol & sweets so must update budgets!

Speaking of crafts I knit when I've got time and patience and have knitted shawls/blankets for friends babies. Eh xx
  • Bouncyminky
    Options
    So not updated on my figures yet. Here goes:

3/20 SFD
    £170/£400 Food
    £0/ £60 travel
    £230/£200 Other
    0/100 decluttered
    0/10 letters

The other is not even including the play station as that would be too depressing. Looking at the reason why this is over I see a pattern - the OH! It's just too easy for him to spend £16 in a bookshop, £40 on clothes for himself and forget about it straight after. Going to have words with him once month done and show him the figures.

Today managed weekly shop for just under £60 so quite chuffed, just need to stay away from the shops which may be hard as there was no formula in mr t's due to import problems, so will have to revisit.

Planning on reviewing our utilities to make sure we are paying the right amount, already looks like we can reduce our water by £5.

Managed to do quite a few of budgeted spends cheaper. Trying not to let oh tendancies get me down and keep trooping myself. I can at least control myself and food. Lots of work to do.

Did anyone else find that the end of the month between pay and the start of the next month was hard to get your head around - it was like the Bermuda Triangle - my budget went AWOL ask believed I had loads of money!
    If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money cannot buy. :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    SFD today. Yesterday would have been but took the kids out n forgot to take juice so ended up buying two drinks. Oh well school girl error, will live n learn. L2B.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Mrs_Toast
    Mrs_Toast Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all. Just a quick update tonight. Had a SFD which makes 5 I think & overpaid credit card by £113 today :)
    TOTAL DEBT £12,212.46/£2000 paid off
    Debt Free Goal September 2017
    #106 Emergency Fund £482.53/£1000
  • stoplurking
    Options
    A quick update then am off to hide - the Kat is BACK so we all better look out. Hope you had a great time Kat. Spend day today, groceries and petrol. will update figures later. Didn't get all I needed so Friday will be another spend day, boo. Still in budget, but SFD target will be hard to achieve.And still no letters written. Onwards and upwards.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • stationeryspender
    Options
    Thanks to all above for their holiday tales...living vicariously whilst trying to dodge the rain here! Nice to hear you all had a nice time, impressed with the money saving that is taking place even though you are Away. I could learn a lot from you as I think most of my debt is from me blowing the budget whilst on holiday.

Anyway, miraculously a SFD for Me - definitely more down to luck than planning. Staff lunch out got cancelled (I had lunch supplies in cupboard so then didn't have to go out ) & then Mum & sister paid for my Dad's birthday meal & drinks as part of their present to him. Let's see if I can continue this run until the weekend!
    :idea:LBM @1/4/13 £15,754 :eek:
    This is SPARTA #20 SFD=7/20 Groceries =17.82/50 Planned Spends 231.00/500
    1 Debt 100 Days £500/£5907 8.5%
    DFD = December 2014
    "The real pleasure-seeking is the combination of luxury and austerity in such a way that the luxury can really be felt"-G.K. Chesterton
  • kaze652
    kaze652 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Couple of spend days for me over last few days (unplanned) will be spending today and tomorrow these are planned, last couple of grown up nights out until June as parents (free babysitters) go home.
    Am hoping that budgets will even themselves out, knew 1st time of trying to budget and stick to it would be hard but I'm learning and that is the main thing plus doing this challenge is really helping me to focus on where I am spending, so thank you nsk
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

I did the weekly shop yesterday but I stuck to my list and didn't buy any extra odds which usually jump into my basket:). I think I might have a few more hours overtime this weekend which would be brilliant.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 April 2013 at 1:16PM
    Options
    Hi all!

Not a SFD for me - need to buy a frame at lunchtime for the x-stitch for bessie's grand daughter as I'm going over to see them all tomorrow.

Received a free pack of face wipes through the post yesterday. Don't remember signing up/requesting them but not complaining.

Everhopeful - I'm trying to teach myself to knit. I want to knit a bag for bessie's birthday to surprise her (she tried to teach me once but I'm a bad student). Need to buy some wool for it first.

ETA: £3.89 spent on the frame
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today's gonna be another NSD. Made the most of free cake at work again (left some for others ;) and will do sth productive once the wee man is in bed. Depending on the weather I'll either tackle the front garden or the guest bedroom that's a dumping ground. Have been looking around for new mortgage deals as our fixed came to an end and printed some out and asked a few folk for advice. Hopefully will do the change on the weekend. Also finally had a few surveys again that I just did in my lunch break but now back to work.

Have a good day
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure