Aprils Fool No More!!!

Options

Comments

• stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Haven't caught up yet but another SFD today.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Bouncyminky
    Options
    Wow, 2 pages of thread to catch up on which I'll hopefully do to tomorrow. Managed 2 sfd's in a row thanks to returning to work! Speak soon, stay good!
    If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money cannot buy. :)
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSK is on route home. Hope you've all been good!..:-)..proper catch up tonight once I've caught up on all the pages!!! Wow!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2013 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Back from my trip home to Germany. Gosh what have I missed, need to try and catch up tonight. Didn't spend much and even came home richer as we got about £200 for the wee man and the engagement. Also got a few NSDs as my parents didn't let us pay anything and the only money spend was in the airport for food as you can't take anything on flights and don't get much food there either. I'll do my signature later too. Back to work today, boohiss.

Just typed in my meter readings and found that both gas and leccy were up by 18% :eek:. Not sure how that happened, ok February was short but had the same readings as January. Need to keep a closer eye on that. Wish the heating could come off completely now but it's still freezing up here.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Mancman86
    Mancman86 Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't spend much and even came home richer as we got about £200 for the wee man and the engagement. .

Sorry the above looks like you sold your child for £200:rotfl:
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    krustylouise - if we get a nice summer and DD is happy jumping on her trampoline for most of it, you'll definitely get your money's worth. Throw in a couple of friends, picnic and home-made lollies and you could have a mega cheap summer :D

Hoping for another SFD today. Found some old, finished cross stitch kits in a cupboard upstairs last night, must've been there for years as I've not x-stiched for at least 5 years. Found one that will be ideal for my best friend's daughter who's just had a baby. Just need to stitch her name on, buy an inexpensive frame and hey presto - keepsake pressie for birth of her daughter :T

In fact, if I sort through, I bet there's quite a few I can use as pressies if I just wash and frame them. A job for the weekend methinks!
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Had a baaaaad few days - feeling really low with no motivation to do anything. That said - have kept my spending under control and kept up my gym attendance - so that's positive!

Today = SFD number 4

Am not going out now today and will be eating only stuff from my cupboards. Have enough in the freezer to last me until weekend at least - so will probably do a shop on Saturday or Sunday.

Loving the idea of a caravan - just need a lottery win and some sunshine and I'd be outta here!!! Nice! Still - every 1p I clear is 1p nearer to reaching all my financial goals. Just have to stay positive!!!

As Kat would say - Onwards and Upwards!!! I hope she's having a good time!!!

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April 2013 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Mancman86 wrote: »
    Sorry the above looks like you sold your child for £200:rotfl:

Never ever!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Anyway, that money went towards his bed and mattress (as the cot one was to small in the end). And also towards the deposit on hubbies birthday lunch out with the family (who he invited so he (I, us) need to pay it all). :eek::eek::eek: What was he thinking, ok you're only 40 once and I guess in previous years we partied the money away on big birthdays, but to spend £30 a head :mad: for 9 people :mad: for lunch :mad:, because he wanted to try this nice restaurant. Plus he said to people before thinking and realising how much it would be and then he's not got the guts to retract the offer as that would be admitting he can't afford it or whatever. See our saving being gone soon again, also get the roof fixed this weekend (ca £300), got a wedding in another city in June (need to pay hotel!!), should really go home again in late summer and the list goes on ......:mad::mad::mad::mad: Never mind an oven then or a ring :(....although saying that the oven must've got scared when I talked about replacing it. When I crank it up to the maximum in goes up to 200C so it's only 50C out and I can live with that a bit longer
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • karmachilovething
    Options
    Checking in with SFD no 5 (2 in a row), bit of postage for eBay, which I'm not counting.

I have to say I think the new postage charges mean I'm going to have to tap out of eBay. Any advantage of it is pretty much gone now, both as a buyer and a seller. I was hoping for a nother zero fees weekend as I have time to list on Saturday but now I'm not so sure I'll bother . . . do need the cash though.
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • AuntyRuby
    AuntyRuby Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Service is pretty patchy here so not sure if this will post but reporting SFD 5/20. Food has jumped up to 194.68/350 as we bought food for caravan hol and stocked up for DS1 & DS2 whilst away. Fuel is now 50/80 and will declutter like mad when we get home. will update signature when I'm home on Friday.

In the caravan enjoying Lemony Snicket on DVD with DS3 after a lovely walk by the river so all free entertainment. Get paid tomorrow so will be a spend day as have cc bills to pay.

I'm enjoying reading all the crafting posts. I have a painting to do for June - not a money maker but something I do for gifts for family and friends.

Need to get things listed this weekend and sold on gumtree to start making some well needed money. Hope you all have a good Wednesday!
    Aunty Ruby x
    Food 65.39/300 Fuel 0/60

DFD Dec 2017 student loan £277.17 (03/2014) Tesco loan £4,589.76 (12/2017)
    MFD June 2031 £90,630/£112,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport