PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What Dont You Iron ?

Comments

• Karrie
    Karrie Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Iron? Ironing? Thought you weren't allowed swear words on this site! ;)

I HATE IRONING :mad: such a waste of time. People who say they "love" to iron are liars or need help.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what yer gonna get ;);)
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Don't swear at me :rotfl: My partner needed a shirt ironing for a funeral recently and it took 2 days to find the iron :rotfl: Need to look for a similar shirt that doesn't need ironing.

Careful hang and fold, no need to iron most things.

Saving all that electric is good for the enviroment, well that's my excuse :D

I did go through this nasty phase when DSs were little ironing everything inc their nappies and sheets, madness, soon snapped out of that one!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • madmum33
    madmum33 Posts: 635 Forumite
    What is an "iron"???? :confused:

Honestly, we were given an iron as a wedding present...... scroll forward ten years and I needed to use it, but it wouldn't work...... it died of shock! :rotfl:

We've been married 18 years, just bought our third iron which is only used by the girls (they get paid well! :D )
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Saving all that electric is good for the enviroment, well that's my excuse :D

lil_me - i so agree, must add that to my list of excusses!!!
  • savingsara_2
    savingsara_2 Posts: 266 Forumite
    I don't iron sheets/duvets, but always do the pillowcases for some reason!
    Never iron underwear of any sort, socks, towels (sometimes do tea-towels), velour/fleece.
    OH HAS to wear cotton cos of his eczema, but luckily wears t shirts and jeans so I could never avoid ironing altogether!
    Never iron more than I have to though, not if I can get away with it...
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I dont iron anythng If I can help it.

I wash, take it out the machine immediately. hang carefully to dry and then fold and put away.
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    I detest ironing.
    I don't iron towels, sheets, quilt covers, fleeces, tea towels or underwear.
    Although if you iron OH's boxer's after a row, you can get the iron on hot and really press down hard to get the creases out!!:rotfl: probably dosen't do them any good but it make's you feel better:D
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I iron dh's shirts and tablecloths, plus any formal shirts that the boys have. I agree with the poster who said that polo shirts look better ironed for school - but I'd only do them if the iron was out anyway. At this point in the school year I'm past caring!!!
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • nappentass
    nappentass Posts: 283 Forumite
    balmaiden wrote: »
    Please guys, tell me what you do so that you dont iron. If I dont iron my clothes I look just like I have not ironed my clothes what the heck is the secret?

I fold (neatly) the washing out of the machine into a basket, with the heavier stuff at the bottom. Then I'll hang them up a little later on a clothes horse to dry (don't really have outside drying space) Shirts go on hangers with a quick check for any obvious creases. When I clear the dry clothes I again fold them neatly ready to put away (apart from hangers which go straight back into the wardrobe)

I'm not even sure where my iron is, and when had a jacket that was creased hung it in the shower room steam which worked!

I've converted my dp and now we tend to buy clothes that won't need special treatment or ironing!

HTH
    Jill
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    i dont irom bedding/pjs/underwear or towels anything that has been line dryed tends to go straight away unless its shirts
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure