New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

What Dont You Iron ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 17.3K views
AMIE399AMIE399 Forumite
1.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
I Have Just Done Yet Another Huge Pile Of Ironing,
I Dont Iron.. Towles, Sheets, Socks, Knickers, Tea Towles, Fleeces

What Dont You Iron ?

threadbanner.gif

slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
started 27/1/10

Replies

• HariboJunkieHariboJunkie Forumite
    7.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My face. Although it could certainly do with the wrinkles being smoothed out. ;):D :rotfl:
  • lemontartlemontart Forumite
    6K posts
    anything I can get away without ironing....................
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • angie_babyangie_baby Forumite
    1.6K posts
    My own theory is that if you hang most things a certain way they dont need to be ironed.

The only things i do do are my boys school shirts.
  • I am with lemontart on this one.

Due to arthritis in my hands, I don't iron!

I don't buy clothes that are cotton/linen or anything like that unless it is absolutey stunning and I have to have it.

If I have to get creases out I use a steamer because it is quicker and easier for my hands.
  • bobbadogbobbadog Forumite
    1.6K posts
    I rarely rarely iron. Like, once a year.

Really. My OH is a builder / Carpenter, so day to day his clothes require nothing more than hanging. I work in a casual job, so same for me. I'll iron shirts if they need it, of course (am not lazy, just we both generally wear t-shirts). Our sheets and bed linen don't really crease, though I've ran an iron over the duvet once or twice. Ever. Ahem.

• emmie1234emmie1234 Forumite
    237 posts
    I hate ironing!!!!! I don't iron towels, fitted sheets, - I do iron the quilt covers and pillow cases as I think they look nicer on the bed with no creases and for some strange reason they feel nicer too. Don't iron underwear, pyjamas, nighties, socks, tea towels, fleecy items, lycra type stuff - unless it's got a fancy trim on it or something that creases then I just iron that bit. I tend to iron our things anyway on a daily basis ready for the next day (for me, hubby and daughter) only takes a few minutes then. I once tried to get into a routine of doing all my ironing on a Sunday afternoon and putting it away nicely so that I could just throw things on in the morning, but I hated spending a sunday afternoon standing for two hours ironing lol.
    Marriages are made in heaven, but then again so is thunder and lightning!!!.....getting divorced lol :j

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Trying to "up" my income and rookie oldstyler
  • anniestaranniestar Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    2.6K posts
    I iron NOTHING at all. If we need anything doing my wonderful DH does it!!! He also irons his school shirts every day.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • Mizz_PinkMizz_Pink Forumite
    756 posts
    I dont iron underwear, bed linen, towels, tea towels, fleeces, jumpers, jogging trousers, socks.
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
  • jackiebjackieb Forumite
    27.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Socks. That's about it I think. But I quite enjoy ironing. I sometimes steam things instead of ironing though.

I even iron my dishcloths. :D
  • queenpigqueenpig Forumite
    419 posts
    Most things. Anything that looks better ironed.
    Things I dont are towels underwear PJ's tracksuit bottoms.
    Grocery Challenge. £400. - £35.22 + £19.80 + £109.01 = £164.03
    Other spends (Clothes Luxuries etc)£11.97 + £1.19 + £7.36 + £69.00 + £38.50 + £5.50 + £23.00 +£2.00 = £158.52:shocked::sad: