I Dont Iron.. Towles, Sheets, Socks, Knickers, Tea Towles, Fleeces

What Dont You Iron ?

threadbanner.gif

slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
started 27/1/10

Comments

• HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    My face. Although it could certainly do with the wrinkles being smoothed out. ;):D :rotfl:
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    anything I can get away without ironing....................
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My own theory is that if you hang most things a certain way they dont need to be ironed.

The only things i do do are my boys school shirts.
  • Madam_Arcati
    Madam_Arcati Posts: 45 Forumite
    I am with lemontart on this one.

Due to arthritis in my hands, I don't iron!

I don't buy clothes that are cotton/linen or anything like that unless it is absolutey stunning and I have to have it.

If I have to get creases out I use a steamer because it is quicker and easier for my hands.
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    I rarely rarely iron. Like, once a year.

Really. My OH is a builder / Carpenter, so day to day his clothes require nothing more than hanging. I work in a casual job, so same for me. I'll iron shirts if they need it, of course (am not lazy, just we both generally wear t-shirts). Our sheets and bed linen don't really crease, though I've ran an iron over the duvet once or twice. Ever. Ahem.
  • emmie1234
    emmie1234 Posts: 237
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I hate ironing!!!!! I don't iron towels, fitted sheets, - I do iron the quilt covers and pillow cases as I think they look nicer on the bed with no creases and for some strange reason they feel nicer too. Don't iron underwear, pyjamas, nighties, socks, tea towels, fleecy items, lycra type stuff - unless it's got a fancy trim on it or something that creases then I just iron that bit. I tend to iron our things anyway on a daily basis ready for the next day (for me, hubby and daughter) only takes a few minutes then. I once tried to get into a routine of doing all my ironing on a Sunday afternoon and putting it away nicely so that I could just throw things on in the morning, but I hated spending a sunday afternoon standing for two hours ironing lol.
    Marriages are made in heaven, but then again so is thunder and lightning!!!.....getting divorced lol :j

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Trying to "up" my income and rookie oldstyler
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    I iron NOTHING at all. If we need anything doing my wonderful DH does it!!! He also irons his school shirts every day.
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • Mizz_Pink
    Mizz_Pink Posts: 756 Forumite
    I dont iron underwear, bed linen, towels, tea towels, fleeces, jumpers, jogging trousers, socks.
    Just owe Dad £2500 for a new car
    :A

Paid off car loan 22nd August 2009. :T
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Socks. That's about it I think. But I quite enjoy ironing. I sometimes steam things instead of ironing though.

I even iron my dishcloths. :D
  • queenpig
    queenpig Posts: 419 Forumite
    Most things. Anything that looks better ironed.
    Things I dont are towels underwear PJ's tracksuit bottoms.
    Grocery Challenge. £400. - £35.22 + £19.80 + £109.01 = £164.03
    Other spends (Clothes Luxuries etc)£11.97 + £1.19 + £7.36 + £69.00 + £38.50 + £5.50 + £23.00 +£2.00 = £158.52:shocked::sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure