Flight delay compensation, US and Canadian Airlines

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Then you need to geta claim for compensation in. Did they give a reason for the cancellation? Unless weather or ATC or security issue then unlikely to be an EC.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pk67
    pk67 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Then you need to geta claim for compensation in. Did they give a reason for the cancellation? Unless weather or ATC or security issue then unlikely to be an EC.

Thanks for confirming. Text says "cancelled due to aircraft maintenance". Should I claim for 300 or 600 euros?
  • JPears
    Options
    Please read Vauban's guide -its all in there.

• symphony63
    symphony63 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please read Vauban's guide -its all in there.
    I read the guide and I understood that you need "cancelation" AND "arriving 3+ hours after the initial arrival time"
    Therefore the initial arrival time was 12:00 and the subsequent arrival was 14:40 a mere 2 hrs and 40 min (160 minutes) 20 min short of 3 hrs.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • JPears
    Options
    symphony63 wrote: »
    I read the guide and I understood that you need "cancelation" AND "arriving 3+ hours after the initial arrival time"
    Therefore the initial arrival time was 12:00 and the subsequent arrival was 14:40 a mere 2 hrs and 40 min (160 minutes) 20 min short of 3 hrs.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you are wrong. If the flight is cancelled with less than 7 days notice and the replacement flight is more than 2 hours (not 3) late arriving then compo is due.
    It is subtly different to delay.

• symphony63
    Options
    I believe you are wrong. If the flight is cancelled with less than 7 days notice and the replacement flight is more than 2 hours (not 3) late arriving then compo is due.
    It is subtly different to delay.
    Well, Vauben's guide is actually not clear about cancellations.
  • JPears
    Options
    symph - see post 521 above - that's the direct wording from the actual regulation.
    Even PtL Vauban can't be crystal clear all of the time ;)

• jtjt
    jtjt Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Could someone confirm that if I want to apply for flight delay compensation for an Air Canada flight originating at LHR, I need to apply to the UK office of Air Canada, not to the Canadian head office?

I just learned about the flight delay compensation and want to get compensation for an August 2012 Air Canada flight from London Heathrow to Toronto that had a delayed arrival of 4hrs 25 minutes. Flight stats shows a series of time adjustments starting 24hrs before the actual scheduled departure.

Thanks in advance!
  • symphony63
    Options
    jtjt wrote: »
    Could someone confirm that if I want to apply for flight delay compensation for an Air Canada flight originating at LHR, I need to apply to the UK office of Air Canada, not to the Canadian head office?

I just learned about the flight delay compensation and want to get compensation for an August 2012 Air Canada flight from London Heathrow to Toronto that had a delayed arrival of 4hrs 25 minutes. Flight stats shows a series of time adjustments starting 24hrs before the actual scheduled departure.

Thanks in advance!
    I am not sure what the process is for AC but try by filling out an online form to customer services
  • jtjt
    jtjt Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Any other advice out there? I'm a Canadian living in Canada, and just need to know whether I go through the Canadian head office or UK head office first. Many of the posts I read through have people searching out the UK offices. TIA :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback