Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Saz88
    Saz88 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

I hope someone can help. Our Easyjet flight which was meant to fly out on Sunday 11 June, 2018 at 21.35 from Berlin Schoenefeld to London Gatwick was delayed for 11.5 hours. We were given overnight accommodation and was put on a flight on 12 June which finally arrived in London Gatwick at 9.55am. As it was an EU flight I understand I was entitled to compensation which I had applied for via the Easyjet form.

I have had a response from Easyjet saying the flight from Berlin Schoenefeld to London Gatwick was overnight delayed due to an Air Traffic Control strike. This story is totally different to what the Pilot told us on the plane and by the staff at the airport. The pilot told us that due to the delay s earlier in the day the staff members had worked over their contracting hours.

Please can any advise what is the next step in appealing against this and is there a way to check if there was really a Air Traffic Control strike which I think is not true as the planes were flying that day.

Thanks
    Sarah
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2017 at 4:38PM
    Options
    Did they say where the Air Traffic Control strike was?

Just checked EuClaim

They say you are possibly due compensation of €250 per passenger also check Bottonline and see what they say. If they say you are due €250 per passenger google and download Vaubans guide and follow it to the letter

Remember if there was an air traffic control strike it had to affect your flight not an incoming flight arriving late because of a strike.

Also if there wasn't a strike contact the CAA and tell them Easyjet are telling Porkies.
  • Saz88
    Saz88 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No they didn't say where the Air Traffic Control Strike was. I will check as per your advise. Thanks
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Joosh wrote: »
    Hi all,

In reference to the above, I had read Vaubans guide and used it to good effect until recently when the European Court decided that Bird Strikes are extraordinary....

My issue with EasyJet's rejection of my case is that it took them over 24 hours to get another flight in order. Not only that, but the flight my family were due to be travelling on wasn't the one that got hit, it was on an incoming flight.

The downside is EasyJet aren't being easy about revealing why it took 24 hours after the scheduled flight time to get them onto another plane, given that Gibraltar is only a few hours away from Bristol.

I feel that it was an unnecessarily long delay for a bird strike in mainland Europe...

Regards,
    Josh

I agree. They didn't make every effort short of intolerable sacrifice which is what they have to do - even for an EC. So you argue on those grounds - though you may need to go to the small claims court.
  • Notebook
    Notebook Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flight delayed as crew out of ours due to
    -Overnight Delayed in Majorca Palma due to disruptive pax crew unfit to operate resulting Bristol- Geneva sectors operating in reverse out of Geneva.
    5 hour delay - Alamo let my prepaid car go - had to rent a car that cost £800 as none others available (bank holiday) my fiancees 50th - managed to get to hotel so late that mcdonald's only play open.
  • mick02wrx
    Options
    Last june my easy jet flight was cancelled after waiting 3 hours for a crew to turn up. We were told at the gate the cancellation was due to no crew available.
    We found a hotel and there was no bad weather that night.
    Finally after 1 year i have recieved my flight cost and hotel room fee but Easyjet have informed me that im not entitled to compensation as the flight was cancelled due to bad weather? This is a complete lie and not what we were told at the time and as i walked a long way to a hotel i can confirm there was no bad weather at all.

This is a discussting way to treat customers and just a fabrication of excuses to avoid compensation!

What can i do now. Im very angry and dont want them to get away with this.

Any help is welcomed
    Thanks
    Michael.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe the bad weather was at the other end, where you were landing?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please re post on the Easyjet thread 2 below this thread and you will no doubt get some answers
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    It could have been bad weather at your destination or even en route.
  • alebazi
    alebazi Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with an answer...
    Two weeks ago our flight was cancelled, they put us in the wrong hotel where we were supposed to get dinner that night, breakfast, lunch and dinner next day and airport - hotel transfer, but next morning we were sent off from the hotel getting our own transfer to the airport. Got to the airport, they said they would give us some food vouchers to spend in the airport...anyway after few hours we didn't get anything, not even a bottle of water...we ended booking our own flight as couldn't stay in the airport all day.
    The question is do I have to make a complaint to Easyjet or to the company that we booked the package holiday from (lastminute.com). I want to get my money back as they treated us like animals.

Thank you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure