Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LJ 79 - its statute of limitations, not the airlines. Yes they wil play you to run out of time, they are a business, they have no compassion other than to their shareholders.
    The fact that you were not aware of the compensation rules is irrelevant I'm afraid. Ignorance is not valid in law, alas.
    Maybe next time, as 12 years after the regulation came into effect, the airlines are still abusing passengers.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • ycy0116
    ycy0116 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, anyone can give me some suggestions? I don't know what to do now.
    CEDR has already ruled that I won the case, and Easyjet suppose to comply with their decision by mid-march, but so far Easyjet has not responded, nor pay the compensation, how can I chase up with the case? what should I do next? shoud I contact Easyjet directly? :(:(:(
    Many thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you contacted CEDR to say that payment has not been made 2 months on?
    If so, then make a complaint to CEDR and make a complaint to CAA. It probably won't help in your individual case but the more that CAA are made aware of airline's refusal to abide with the law, the more likely they may do something about it.
    You will have to contact EJ with a Letter before Action (see Vauban's Guide) . The likelihood of indefensible court action may prompt EJ to pay up.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • serinity1
    serinity1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 May 2017 at 5:52PM
    Options
    issue resolved
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This should be in the EasyJet thread 4 below this thread
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is why it's a good idea to check on your booking from time to time. Emails may be missed or be caught in spam filters.
  • Bobbee62
    Options
    On May 15th this year our Easyjet flight (EZY7065) from Liverpool to Nice was delayed for technical reasons by what I and some of my fellow passengers believed to be over the 3 hours threshold for compensation.
    My subsequent claim for compensation was rejected because Easyjet say the delay was only 2hrs 59min.
    Flightaware gives the time at 2hrs 59min.
    Can anyone help? Who records the official flight times. Is the Flightaware time the industry official time and does this take into account when the aircraft door is opened to allow people to disembark?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please post on the easyjet thread, rather than starting a new one of your own. Am sure folk will answer your question there.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into flight checkers like Bottonline and EuClaim they will tell you if they think you have a claim.
  • duckling07
    Options
    Hoping someone can help.

Flight EZY8117 from Gatwick to Zurich on Fri 26 May was delayed 1.5 hours when we arrived at the airport. When we got to the boarding gate, we were waiting around again with no information. Finally we were told that the plane was late arriving due to a knock on from the baggage issues at Gatwick that morning, and the crew were over their flying hours so they were finding us a standby crew. Another hour passed, and they announced that we would be delayed overnight as there were no standby crew.

We were put up overnight, and whilst waiting for a taxi to get to the hotel got a text from EasyJet saying our flight had been rescheduled to 1700 on Saturday, 23 hours later than it was supposed to depart.

This caused a huge upset for us, as we were flying out for my cousins wedding - which started at 1400 on the Saturday. Myself, my partner and my sister were due to be flying home on the Sunday, so didn't take the rescheduled flight as we would have missed almost the whole wedding by the time we arrived. My parents did still fly as they were staying for longer, and made the last hour of the reception.

I understand that as we didn't take the flight we can't claim the compensation under the EU directive - even though we would have missed the entire reason for our trip. Is that correct? It seems so wrong that such a severe delay should be dealt with in the same was as one for 3 hours...

EasyJet have refunded us our flights, but will not pay any of the expenses claim that myself and my partner put in - the hotel in Switzerland was already paid for, as were the train tickets getting us from our home to the airport. We essentially wasted 2 days, travelling to the airport, staying in an airport hotel and travelling home, and are out of pocket over £300 - not including the time taken off work on the Friday (my partner is self-employed). Surely this isn't right? I have not only missed a really important family occasion but am now significantly out of pocket due to their lack of contingency planning.

What's more frustrating is that my sister also received an email this morning to say that her expense claim for train travel has been paid! So, their procedures clearly aren't set in stone if her train fare to and from the airport was paid but mine and my partners wasn't. I can only think that it will be because her claim was much less money than ours as she lives much closer?

I have escalated my complaint this morning. When I spoke to the customer services again they told me the delay was due to air traffic control. Is this so they can get out of paying EU compensation? Because it's untrue - we were told 3 times in the departure gate that it was due to the lack of standby crew.

Any help with regards to what I can do would be much appreciated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback