Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    demo007 wrote: »
    Hi

You werent by any chance on flight LS169 on 17th June 2012 to Ibiza were you?

So I've been lurking on here recently and saw the Bott Solicitors successes - I registered my claim with them on 22nd May, and have just received an email stating Jet2 have agreed to settle the claim!! :T :j Not sure how much this is yet, but I'm so pleased as I tried to do it myself and was rejected. I'll update on the pay out when I get it (7 hour delay including having to change departure airports)
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    vadc01 wrote: »
    So I've been lurking on here recently and saw the Bott Solicitors successes - I registered my claim with them on 22nd May, and have just received an email stating Jet2 have agreed to settle the claim!! :T :j Not sure how much this is yet, but I'm so pleased as I tried to do it myself and was rejected. I'll update on the pay out when I get it (7 hour delay including having to change departure airports)

Congrats on your success, if you're ever delayed by them again, hopefully you'll have the confidence to take them to Court yourself. Botts do a good job for many, but you'd have a little more by starting Court proceedings yourself.

At least something is better than nothing and you didn't accept the fob off that so many passengers do.

:T:T
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats on your success, if you're ever delayed by them again, hopefully you'll have the confidence to take them to Court yourself. Botts do a good job for many, but you'd have a little more by starting Court proceedings yourself.

At least something is better than nothing and you didn't accept the fob off that so many passengers do.

:T:T
    Hi Novice Angel - thank you! To be honest I did accept the fob off initially, as the flight was in 2012 and I had no boarding passes etc, so they wouldn't accept my claim as they reckoned there was no proof of travel! So that's why I went to Bott. But either way, it will be a nice little chunk towards my next (hopefully not flight delayed) holiday! :D
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off we go again - daughter's claim in ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Off we go again - daughter's claim in ;)

You still not got your cash, shame on you! Didn't I say 12 months ago go get a second claim in JP? Don't make me going for a link, I wouldn't say your and the broader 'our' job is done.

It is, flying with Easyjet to Cyprus Monday - watch out NoviceAngel is on his way :A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    vadc01 wrote: »
    Hi Novice Angel - thank you! To be honest I did accept the fob off initially, as the flight was in 2012 and I had no boarding passes etc, so they wouldn't accept my claim as they reckoned there was no proof of travel! So that's why I went to Bott. But either way, it will be a nice little chunk towards my next (hopefully not flight delayed) holiday! :D

If you were sad enough to read this thread from page 1 (hmm, done that) what you have gone through is all standard !!!! peddled by J2.

You have every right to be be pleased with the outcome, like I say, many accept that their flight was delayed by an EC and J2 succeed by default.

Times have changed for the better, and the fight that many of us 'regulars' have had on here is now at an end, I've moved on to Leeds City Council not understanding parking regs, I don't know the numbers yet like EC261 but I'm learning fast....

Vauban and JP any help with the 10 min grace period is always gratefully accepted, thankfully our friends at Pepipoo are guiding your little Angel to arbitration claiming costs, that's why I've been AWOL the last few months. Jet2 round one - tick Leeds City Council - round two

• Purpleronnie
    Options
    Hi guys

I have just returned from Palma yesterday and experienced around a 5 hour delay with Jet2. We were supposed to land at Manchester at 1500 but actually landed 2000 as we had to wait for a 'rescue plane' from Leeds Bradford.

The only thing that I am concerned about when starting my delay claim is:

1) I have not kept the letters they were issuing out at the airport - do I need these?
    2) we accepted and spent the vouchers they issued out
    And
    3) Our boarding cards are mobile boarding cards - if they need to see these how can I send them over the them?

I have read through a few of the 140ish pages of this thread (good going guys!) but not seen much success - what is the success rate for a claim? Do I need to ask for a reason for the delay before I write to them?

TIA
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What was the reason for the delay
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Hi guys

I have just returned from Palma yesterday and experienced around a 5 hour delay with Jet2. We were supposed to land at Manchester at 1500 but actually landed 2000 as we had to wait for a 'rescue plane' from Leeds Bradford.

The only thing that I am concerned about when starting my delay claim is:

1) I have not kept the letters they were issuing out at the airport - do I need these?
    2) we accepted and spent the vouchers they issued out
    And
    3) Our boarding cards are mobile boarding cards - if they need to see these how can I send them over the them?

I have read through a few of the 140ish pages of this thread (good going guys!) but not seen much success - what is the success rate for a claim? Do I need to ask for a reason for the delay before I write to them?

TIA

Hi, and welcome to the wonderful world of flight delays.

The only guide you need is Vaubans - link in signature.

To answer your questions.

1) Not needed
    2) makes no difference
    3) they don't need them.

You may or may not be entitled to claim it all depends on the reason for your delay.

There are others but such as bad weather would mean that you couldn't claim. This is all explained in the guide.

Success is almost guaranteed nowadays as long as your flight was delayed due to a technical failure or anything that is not an Extraordinary Circumstance.

Do you have any idea why the plane was delayed?

Your next step is to write to them explain you would like to make a claim this is called an NBA or LBA.

Good luck with your claim.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

• NoviceAngel
    Options
    What was the reason for the delay

Yes the six million dollar question! :T:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure