Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• SozeTHC
    SozeTHC Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    This was the reply I received today.

"As you are aware, your flight was delayed to allow repatriation of passengers from sister flight, which had been unavoidably cancelled, chartered by the same operator as your own. As your flight was delayed with the full agreement of the tour operator responsible for the flight, Jet2.com accepts no responsibility for the delay and would not consider compensation under EC261/2004 legislation"

Does this seem legit? It seems there isn't much info regarding this situation, so again any help is appreciated.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are talking Bovine Excrement. You are entitled to compensation, you now have 3 options 1. issue court proceedings yourself or 2, Pass it on to a No Win No Fee solicitor or 3. forget about it.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SozeTHC wrote: »
    , Jet2.com accepts no responsibility for the delay and would not consider compensation under EC261/2004 legislation"

Hilarious! So you can opt out of the law now, can you? Take them to court.
  • SozeTHC
    Options
    Should I be worried that I can no longer find the flight on any Flight Tracker sites?
    Even EUClaim site & Bott (phone)cannot find flight anymore?
  • Justice13075
    Options
    No, Get claiming as long as you issue court proceedings before the 6 year limit in England and 5 years in Scotland you'll be fine
  • SozeTHC
    edited 21 May 2016 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Who would I contact in regards to a complaint. Apparently because my flight was from Sofia the CAA won't accept a complaint.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Don't bother you won't get anywhere. just issue court proceedings against Jet2
  • SozeTHC
    Options
    Does it matter who makes the claim, by which I mean does the lead passenger have to claim.
    I am able to get exemption from court fee's and possibly free representation, whereas the Lead won't. Has anybody had success with going to court themselves?
    I have seen the NWNF but i kinda don't like paying somebody else to get something I am legally entitled too.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SozeTHC wrote: »
    Does it matter who makes the claim, by which I mean does the lead passenger have to claim.
    I am able to get exemption from court fee's and possibly free representation, whereas the Lead won't. Has anybody had success with going to court themselves?
    I have seen the NWNF but i kinda don't like paying somebody else to get something I am legally entitled too.

Not sure about the lead passenger point but lots of us have done this (made a legal claim) ourselves although only an unfortunate few have actually had to go to court - although I think they've enjoyed a pretty good success rate. I'd be gobsmacked if you are eligible for "free representation" but that's not an informed view.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    Ideally the claim should be made in the names of all the passengers in your group but to get the fee exemption each one will have to be eligible and I suspect it will be complicated. Other option is for you to sue on your own and the others to sue together but it will be complicated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback