Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2016 at 7:00PM
    Options
    I've moved on to Leeds City Council not understanding parking regs, I don't know the numbers yet like EC261 but I'm learning fast .....

For info, got a ticket, went to appeal, lost the appeal, threatened The head of parking with a Claim for costs, as they were wrong in law. Ticket cancelled and a full apology after two days of writing - Result - full info on Pepipoo and a shorter version here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5461619&goto=newpost&utm_source=MSE_FS&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=07-Jun-16

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=105888&view=getnewpost

I know - sorry off topic but interesting for others to see what I've been upto lol
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Email received from Bott this morning, i'm having £200 transferred to my bank account after their fees have been deducted. Chuffed and heading to my local shopping centre this weekend with it to get some Euro's :beer: Bott have been fantastic and I'd recommend them to anyone!
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I assume it was 1 person over 1500km
  • vadc01
    vadc01 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Yes that's right :)
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    Don't apologise! This is called 'Transfer of Training' which basically means that once one has been through the rigours of flight delay compensation, assisted by Vauban's Marvellous Guide and the good folk here, one is generally pretty well equipped for other battles as well. We also received a 'Parking Ticket' in the household; heretofore we would have panicked a tad but with experience from this Forum we sent them packing and did not pay what was eventually about £150!
  • howticklediam
    Options
    Off topic - Parking tickets

Same here. I disputed a ticket in Scarborough: badly signed, on a piece of grass on the cliff top, along with about 20 other vehicles.

In the end I asked a FOI request for the number of tickets issued at that location in the last year (it was a lot) and disputed on the grounds that they were using it collect money and if they had motorists best interests in mind they would have signed it better. They cancelled it immediately.

I would not have done that had I not known a bit about the law and how to issue an FOI request - all skills learnt here.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Daughter paid, no fuss, no argument or procrastination. Result.

Maybe I should resubmit mine?......
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Daughter paid, no fuss, no argument or procrastination. Result.

Maybe I should resubmit mine?......

Bloody hell, you've been slow on that one, but just before the UK can legally ignore EC261. Lol result and respect to your daughter, well done - I think knowing the competence of J2 just re-claim and good luck JP
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bloody hell, you've been slow on that one, but just before the UK can legally ignore EC261. Lol result and respect to your daughter, well done - I think knowing the competence of J2 just re-claim and good luck JP

Tempted, but wouldn't that be lying and dishonesty, something the airlines never do? :D
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Motwoosotdot
    Options
    I received a compensation delay cheque in the post today from Jet2 after sending them a nice letter copied largely from MSE. The delay was in July 2015 from Rome with a 5 hour wait due to aircon on plane breaking down on the runway & we had to wait on a "rescue" plane. I sent reprints of the boarding passes.

Forgive me: yyyyeeessssss!!!!

And thank you MSE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family