Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Botts may have also declined due to the time limits for court action. Mst NWNF firms won't touch old claims if close to 6 years.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • derrybhoy
    derrybhoy Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    derrybhoy

How much is your claim for?

€500 (Me and my wife , €250 each)
  • howticklediam
    howticklediam Posts: 330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2016 at 7:59PM
    Options
    So you're looking at just under £400. I agree you have a case but you will have to prepare a credible legal argument. Don't under estimate how much research and work that can involve.

I am not trying to put you off. I would love it if you beat them in court, but you have to weigh up if it's worth all the stress and hassle and a day in court for two of you.

In your favour is that if you take them to court in Norn Arn, it's long way for them to send a barrister so they may be inclined to pursue it less vigorously.

To start proceedings is going to cost you under £100 for that amount, you could do that and see how they respond. If they get gnarly then you decide whether to bin it or take it all the way.
  • TheDon87
    TheDon87 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    After contacting botts about 6 weeks ago and they said they would take the case on.

I have received a email update saying they have now issued court proceedings on my behalf.

Hopefully they will pay up soon
  • howticklediam
    howticklediam Posts: 330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The Don.
    Please keep us informed. I'd be very interested to know if you claimed for, and get, interest awarded.
  • notsorichandnotsofamous
    notsorichandnotsofamous Posts: 294 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2016 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Hi Everyone , I'd just like to let you know about my recent claim with Jet 2 and also thanks to anybody who gives advice on how to claim .
    3 of us had a delay of five and a half hours from Alicante airport on the 7th April this year . We departed on time but 10 minutes into the flight where advised that a technical fault showing that one of the doors wasn't shut properly and we would have to return to Alicante . Back in Alicante we where then advised that a replacement aircraft would be needed and we where given food vouchers for 15€ Each . When the new plane arrived we boarded and the pilot again advised that there was an issue with one of the doors ! Luckily this was sorted within a few minutes .
    When we returned I was undecided as to whether or not I should claim but after reading the posts on here thought what have I got to lose .
    I emailed Jet 2 and they replied advising I would need to write in .
    I sent a letter a few days later and received a letter dated 21st April from Jet 2 advising that my complaint would be dealt with shortly as they deal with things in strict date order .
    Today when I got in, a letter had been posted with a Leeds postmark and my initial thought was "here we go , they will just be advising that it was exceptional circumstances " .
    On opening the letter I was shocked to find a letter of apology and a cheque for £946.17 between the 3 of us .
    After reading the posts on here , I really was expecting a bigger fight from Jet 2 and can't believe they have paid out so quickly .
    Good Luck to anyone else who is claiming from them .
    Deb
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Deb,

I think you are one of the luckier claimants, probably due to your claim being pretty straightforward.

Any doubt or ambiguity and I'm sure it would been have different. The leopard doesn't change it's spots imho!

Well done.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • SozeTHC
    SozeTHC Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I posted a month back maybe and was advised to send of my LBA/NBA letter. The two week mark has passed since I sent that letter and no reply.
    My issue is they are claiming charter flights are not scheduled and therefor do not count under EC 261/2004.

Do I give them time to reply or start with action?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SozeTHC wrote: »
    Hi
    I posted a month back maybe and was advised to send of my LBA/NBA letter. The two week mark has passed since I sent that letter and no reply.
    My issue is they are claiming charter flights are not scheduled and therefor do not count under EC 261/2004.

If they have failed to reply within the timescale specified in your letter, start proceedings.

If there is a critical distinction in the Regulation between charter and scheduled flights, it's not one I've seen referred to previously. Any airline that makes stuff up in an attempt to avoid their responsibilities should be reported to the regulator (CAA?).
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SozeTHC wrote: »
    Hi

AFIK there is no distinction between charter and schedule flights as far as reg 261/2004 goes. Its somewhere in the preamble that is is not possible to distinguish between the 2.
    Get your N1 form or MCOL filled in and sent to court.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport